Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 08:56   #16
BHPian

there were was one aquilla 6 months ago somewhere in one of the blog sites kinda dont remeber he was quoting 1lakh and one of the users replied for a ride and and not a penny more than 80 thousand ,so its better u search u may find one for nearly 1lakh,the brokers do quote a higher price tell him 1lakh not anything more than that
Old 17th September 2005, 12:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
there were was one aquilla 6 months ago somewhere in one of the blog sites kinda dont remeber he was quoting 1lakh and one of the users replied for a ride and and not a penny more than 80 thousand ,so its better u search u may find one for nearly 1lakh,the brokers do quote a higher price tell him 1lakh not anything more than that

hi trinada.

u remember an aquila which was put up for sale via a deccan chronicle ad??

well that went for 1.25 lacs.

when a broker realizes that he is going to pucca make an goood profit of an car or bike , he or she isnt going to budge a bit from that rate.

well that being said, i dont thik anyone should pay more than a lac for an aquila as of now.

the on road price going on for comet in hyd is 1.98 lacs, with an discount of 1000 rs!!!
Old 13th October 2005, 17:22   #18
Max
BHPian

Guys, thanks for advice. I enquired from kinetic dealer and now it costs 190k but not available in india because they have stopped importing it.

well, finally I bought my Aquila for 130k. I am third owner and bike has done only 3300 kms. Its just like brand new. Its very wonderful bike and i really don't want to go back to any indian bike in my life. It average also seems very good (I have n't figured out exact average but its for sure more then 30kmpl. I will write big review of bike after some time.

Here are pics of my bikes for you guys
http://www.mahinder.com/xoop/html/mo...umName=album01
Old 13th October 2005, 17:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. The pics are sweet.

See if you can change the rear number plate.
Old 18th October 2005, 15:33   #20
BHPian

hey the bike looks to be in mint condition
great
do take good care of it dude
Old 31st October 2005, 20:48   #21
Max
BHPian

Guys,

changed oil and oil filter in aquila.

I put Castrol Power Oil in engine and Suzuki Fero's oil filter fited well in my aquila. Oil filter costed Just Rs.25. I thought it will be much more expensive to maintain this bike but touch wood till today its hasn't been costly affair.

cheers.
Old 3rd November 2005, 02:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thats Gr8 news! Waiting for an ownership experience of a Korean bike.

Quote:
yea sure . . . while a ceratin frustrated soul is yet hunting for his first bike . . that would be rubbing it in!

manson.
We'll work things out. Dont get frustrated.
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:52   #23
BHPian

opinion

hi,
the bike looks cool, have driven it,, and for this price u wont get any other cruser,, so u should go ahead and buy it,, and u dont have see 10 to 15 k when u r making such buys just make sire the condition is good and u don't have to spend anything big in the first 5,000 km as that really pinches
regards,,
driven
Old 3rd November 2005, 18:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Max congrats on your buy, good pics and the bike is in a very good condition.
Old 3rd November 2005, 23:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Guys,

changed oil and oil filter in aquila.

I put Castrol Power Oil in engine and Suzuki Fero's oil filter fited well in my aquila. Oil filter costed Just Rs.25. I thought it will be much more expensive to maintain this bike but touch wood till today its hasn't been costly affair.

cheers.

u talking about Aquila being Cheap

Let me give u some market View,,

One of my friend purchased a silver and black aquila last year July driven it for a month and had a accident a bad one ,,, had to change the entire front assembly cost ,,,,

Rs 89,000 /-

Parts included,,, Chasis, Tank, Tyre with alloy, Spedometer taco meter, Front suspension. headlight,,, and prity much everything u can see from the front...

U want the break up..

To start with the front Shocks -- Rs 20000 +
Spedo and tacho meter -- Rs 4500 Each
The palstic cone of your meters-- Rs 1500 Each
Don't remember much but the funiest part was

The Chasis costs 3500 more then that of a kinetic Honda. BUt still dude Its a great bike awesome power. and if u feel ur getting somewhat less... Get your engin unlocked from this guy named Krishna of Laxmi motors Nerul, he is trained from Hoysing.

After unlocking the engine u'll get a whoooping 30 BHp a masiv 4 BHp jump and trust me then u can take it till 150 KMPH....

All this is no kidding i'm telling u as a very god friend of mine owns it.
Old 4th November 2005, 11:32   #26
Max
BHPian

hi sinner,

thanks for sharing the info. But if you see my driving style you find I am not much of the biker. I don't drive my bike for more then 5km / day and i take it out 3 times in a week. Maximum speed is only 60kms because of traffic. I have never took it to highway yet (i don't drive on highway with 2 wheelers) and I will never push it to more then 100kmph .

Overall still its a great bike and the only problem I am facing with this bike is of battery. My bike do not have original battery which cost about 6k. It is having pulsar battery which cost about rs.800 and it goes out every 2 weeks and i have to recharge it. I have also noticed when battery goes down it also takes down bikes ignition system and bike just refuse to run without chock. Its a major drag I guess. May be its due to i don't take it out much and its not ridden allot. It should be able to run without battery.
Old 4th November 2005, 16:49   #27
BHPian

Well bro I don’t think that ur less of driving should effect your bikes ignition system, as I’ve seen the bike being parked for almost a month and started with juz one self. I do certainly think that the pulsar’s battery might have some bad side to it and thus I would suggest that get it fixed ASAP coz if it dies in the middle of no where u’ll be jacked due to the lack of KICK start. Its nice to know that u drive very carefully. Take care of the beast and I would suggest that u go to that NERUL’s service station for servicing your bike. That Krishna dude I told u about is a very nice Guy and he really takes good care of ur bike. Moreover if u think that its not comfortable for u to go all the way to nerul then do not worry he’ll pick up the bike from ur place for servicing
Old 5th November 2005, 15:17   #28
Max
BHPian

Hi Sinner,

Thanks for the information. yes, i will get my bike serviced next month from nerul (it doesn't appear it need servicing though because i do all regular maintenance myself every 14 days

thanks for the info. bro.
Old 5th November 2005, 23:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

max
if you dont mind,could i ask something?

what happened to the original battery? and also how did u get the idea abt the fiero filter?!
Old 6th November 2005, 18:31   #30
Max
BHPian

what happened to the original battery?
>>>>>>
well, I bought this bike second hand and I got pulsor battery inside. I donna what happen to original battery as it must have died. I have find out the solution for it. I checked out my battery and its 9amp battery where as manual suggest it needs 12amp battery. I checked out whole market and there is no 12amp battery which can fit in this bike because of strange battery cabin size. But I have found solution for it. I will now install new pulsor battery and will create switch in the bike so that I can connect it to external charger easily. This will solve battery problem and I only need to charge battery for 2 hours once every 14 days or may be longer. will let you all guys knows how it works.

Except that bike is running very smooth and is really head turner. All chicks, people and other guys give seducing looks at my bike

and also how did u get the idea abt the fiero filter?!
>>>>>
the mechanic dude told me about it. he opened filter and suggested fiero filter is exactly same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks