Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:09   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Thanks Rahul; Appreciate if you can share the details on what minor works are pending
Also, let me know if you've changed the following
Crankshaft assy, L brackets, pilot lamps, kicker assy, main axle assy. Tks.
Minor works like number plate's, little paint touch up's here and there then stickering.

I am not going exactly the same stickering as RX100. For me RX135 once looks good. What's your suggestions?

I have not changed any of the things you mentioned.
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul20_6 View Post
What's your suggestions?
Oh!!! ok, but if you want to hear out my build in one sentence its very simple - Wolf in sheep's clothing. Looks of Rx with the power of 5 speed. To me looks are second priority, they're important but my first attention will always be towards the core work like good engine, good electricals with no loose hanging wires & finally a quality paint job.

Last edited by aargee : 2nd April 2010 at 07:26.
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Oh!!! ok, but if you want to hear out my build in one sentence its very simple - Wolf in sheep's clothing. Looks of Rx with the power of 5 speed. To me looks are second priority, they're important but my first attention will always be towards the core work like good engine, good electricals with no loose hanging wires & finally a quality paint job.
Thanks, but as long as the engine is performing well I do not want touch that.
As I mentioned in the beginning I already changed the whole wiring set
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Good. Pls share few more additional activites you carried out so as to help us. Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Good. Pls share few more additional activites you carried out so as to help us. Thanks.
I will put up all the details here soon once I am little free
Old 3rd April 2010, 05:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Rahul,

An year back when I converted my brother's RX100 to 12V, I spent almost 1.2K.

Also, the price of the speedometer an year back was approx. 600 bucks. I'm saying the time period since prices of most of the spares have shot up.

If you want I can scan you the price list of spares I bought in the last 3 years.

Can you tell me how much did you pay for this bike? The bike looks like Kottayam reg. Right?

I would advise you not to spent anything on the cosmetic parts but work on the mechanicals, electricals and tires. Since this is an new old bike, it's better to open the engine. Because once you start using it, chances are likely that issues can crop up from the engine and mechanicals.

Thanks,
Jose.
jose, I too bought an 87 model rx. I would appreciate if you could help me with the price of parts I would like to keep it original. i have already changed the flute as the one which was in it gave out such a sound as a corporation siren
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Zipdrive - What're the parts you're looking at? Get the list of parts that you're looking to change. You'll not get a original core as YMIS has stopped supplying the OE, however you may get OE muffler (silencer) with the core (flute). There're about 42 pages full of RX parts consisting right from spark plug, engine gaskets, bolt stud to wiring harness, RR unit, screw tapper & spring washer. If you're looking to replace all the parts, it would cost you nothing less to 35-40K.

If I were you, I'd check up with a good mech, walk up to YMIS & buy/collect the parts & get it done. Anyway, let me know what parts you're looking at & I'll do my best to help.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:12   #38
BHPian

Some pictures

I received some pictures of the bike from cousin.

Here you go...
1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-bike2.jpg

Name:  Bike5.jpg
Views: 1880
Size:  96.3 KB

1988 model RX100 - Bringing back to Glory-bike_dio2.jpg

Old 3rd April 2010, 22:38   #39
BHPian

[quote=aargee;1817985]@Zipdrive - What're the parts you're looking at? Get the list of parts that you're looking to change. You'll not get a original core as YMIS has stopped supplying the OE, however you may get OE muffler (silencer) with the core (flute). There're about 42 pages full of RX parts consisting right from spark plug, engine gaskets, bolt stud to wiring harness, RR unit, screw tapper & spring washer. If you're looking to replace all the parts, it would cost you nothing less to 35-40K.

If I were you, I'd check up with a good mech, walk up to YMIS & buy/collect the parts & get it done. Anyway, let me know what parts you're looking at & I'll do my best to help.[/QUOTEi]

@aargee- Thanks a lot. I took the bike to the Yamaha showroom today and has shown it to a person who has a lot of experience working on yamahas. Apart from that i have shown it to the mechanic who has been looking after the bike for the past 5 years. His suggestions is as follows.
work on engine- Rs. 3000
painting- 2500
Electro plating- Rs. 4000
Seats and miscellaneous work- Rs.1000
Total- Rs.10500

I am not looking at changing each and every part as there is no requirement for it. engine runs smoothly, silencer does not have a single spot of rust, et al. Forgive me guys as i dont have too many knowledge on the mechanical side though i am a big time car and bike enthusiast. I iwould soon be taking it to give it a new look (original). aargee;- appreciate if you could share with me the 42 page parts price list.
Old 4th April 2010, 06:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
work on engine- Rs. 3000
painting- 2500
Total- Rs.10500

I am not looking at changing each and every part as there is no requirement for it. engine runs smoothly, silencer does not have a single spot of rust, et al. Forgive me guys as i dont have too many knowledge on the mechanical side though i am a big time car and bike enthusiast. I iwould soon be taking it to give it a new look (original). aargee;- appreciate if you could share with me the 42 page parts price list.
Zipdrive - Request you to start a new thread or we would start infracting for hijacking Rahul's thread. I'll keep my answers short here though, I don't think you'll need the price for all the items in the 42 pager catalogue as you're intentions are not to change each & every part. If your engine is smooth, then what's the Rs 3000 for? Pls get that clarified; Painting job varies a lot with quality of work & quality of paint; though 2.5K is decent, I'm not sure what to comment; Plating 4K is something again I'm not sure; what're those miscellaneous work for? Try to obtain the list of work. Good Luck.
Old 4th April 2010, 07:23   #41
BHPian

I do not mind hijacking my thread as long as it stays with the topic RX-100

Basically I will be getting more information here itself and that will help me maintaining my bike.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:34   #42
BHPian

looks great, where you did the electroplating ?
Old 4th April 2010, 18:00   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
looks great, where you did the electroplating ?
Thanks George. No electroplating, only painting done.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdrive View Post
work on engine- Rs. 3000
painting- 2500
Total- Rs.10500
:
Zip I think this price list is a bit too much. 4000 for the electroplating is way too much. It is better to buy new components with that cash. by the way which garage are you speaking of.
Old 4th April 2010, 20:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
Zip I think this price list is a bit too much. 4000 for the electroplating is way too much. It is better to buy new components with that cash. by the way which garage are you speaking of.
I would second Chipz opinion on buying new components but I'm not commenting anything on the price of electroplating as it depends on quality of the work & the place you give it. But I'm sure you'll be able to get new parts for a little over 4K for all the chrome parts in RX; the ones I intend are Silencer, exhaust, handle bars, rims & spokes, front & rear fenner, upper left & right stays, arm shift, kicker assy,rear brake pedal etc.

Most Viewed