Team-BHP - RE Standard 350: refusing to start EDIT: Resolved.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Standard 350: refusing to start EDIT: Resolved. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/75279-re-standard-350-refusing-start-edit-resolved.html)

I am new to the bullet club. Bought new std 350 last month, clocked already 700 Kms. Was planning for a trip to Hogenakal this week end where i encountered a strange problem. I need some advice, help.

I parked my bullet on in front of my gate and got down to open the gate. The bike slipped and fell to the left resting on the crash guard. No other parts of the bike touched the ground. after few seconds the bike went off.

:Frustrati

I managed to lift the bike to its straight posture. After this the bike has refused to start. I realize that there is no power connection availble to the bike. Key in ON position does not allow me to switch on the light, horn .... Looks like there is a complete power shut down.

Checked the battery contacts --> Intact, fuse box --> fuse in good condition.

No idea what to do, called up the help line. They have assured me to visit my house tomorrow and fix the problem. will keep everyone posted with the result.

looks like you Point is somehow dislocated, or the ignition wire got scrambled :(

What does the service center have to say?

With great difficulty i got the mechanic back home to check the problem. Found that the fuse under the seat was blown. He tried with different fuse (the spare ones on the bike) and he managed to blow the remaining ones too. Then we opened the battery box and realized that the battery box (which is made of steel) was touching the battery terminals causing the short circuit.

I had to go back to the service center to get fresh fuses. Now he has put a rubber sheet at the battery terminals to prevent the short circuit.

So i had my first class of trouble shooting with my bull std 350. i enjoyed it :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshshenoi (Post 1728306)
With great difficulty i got the mechanic back home to check the problem. Found that the fuse under the seat was blown. He tried with different fuse (the spare ones on the bike) and he managed to blow the remaining ones too. Then we opened the battery box and realized that the battery box (which is made of steel) was touching the battery terminals causing the short circuit.

I had to go back to the service center to get fresh fuses. Now he has put a rubber sheet at the battery terminals to prevent the short circuit.

So i had my first class of trouble shooting with my bull std 350. i enjoyed it :-)

Good to hear that the problem is solved now. I too have a STD 350 (2 months old). I always make it a point to use the centre stand. I use the side stand only when the centre stand cannot be used (like in a slope). I feel the bike is safe in the centre stand. In side stand some jerk might fiddle with the bike and it might fall off.

Closing this thread as the issue is resolved.

Thread creator can use report post on this post if issue recurs and needs any more inputs.

Thanks,
Team BHP Support.