Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 17:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I read somewhere in the forum that bookings are open with dealers for UCE electra.

I have shortlisted the same for my brother's next ride (presently, he is riding TVS Fiero F2, which has served him well). The other bikes that we have shortlisted are TBTS & Fazer.

I had suggested P220 as I use a P150 & am very happy with the reliability & the performance of my bike ( it can to 110kmph & gives a mileage of ~60 kmpl in delhi traffic @ 5000 rpm; done more than 50K kms in 3.5 years). But, he is not keen on having "all eggs in same basket".

He has confirmed that he would go for RE bike this time, except something unfortunate (god forbid) happens with our decision, in which case we would go for the Fazer. Money is really not a factor as we can buy a 5 lacs car with the cash we have.

Please advice whether bookings are open for the UCE Electra (Classic is not our cup of tea, styling is prehistoric, & not retro/classic) & whether the new model is available test rides (in & around Delhi).

PS : There is nothing on the company's website till date.

Hi Bro,
Yes the bikes are available for display. test ride is not yet available. I had been to showroom today. I have pics in my mobile which might take some time to load it here. Few things to notice here in electra is:
1) The silencer is same off classic 350.
2) Battery cover has ben replaced with fibre one. (previously i suppose it was chrome plated.)
3) Engine is the same to same of classic 350. With RE logo and wings whereas though TBTS has same engine as this but the RE logo on clutch case is different. Salesman says even TBTS may come with same engine cover as c350

Bookings are open. Electra looks are same apart from the above mentioned difference. since i rode TBTS and c350 i can say that engine is more refined.

RTO approval is not yet taken. delivery will start once RTO approval has been done.

In my case he has said that i wait till end of this month. If they dont deliver TBTS as promised then i can change my bookings to Electra. sine i have already waited for TBTS for 35 days i will be the first person to book this and get this bike.

On road price in bangalore - 1.05lkhs.
4)
Old 17th February 2010, 18:18   #17
BHPian

If everything is the same as c350 except for looks what is the 20K difference for?
Old 17th February 2010, 18:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
If everything is the same as c350 except for looks what is the 20K difference for?
No Idea at all.. Yeah apart from looks everything else looks same. Will try to post pics. you can yourself make out the difference. i dont think so it will come to 20k differnce. currently CL350 is retailing for 1.13lkhs in bangalore and RE Electra is quoted 1.05 lkhs. TBTS 109457/- hence difference doesnt come to 20k.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Endofdayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi Bro,
Yes the bikes are available for display. test ride is not yet available. I had been to showroom today. I have pics in my mobile which might take some time to load it here. Few things to notice here in electra is:
1) The silencer is same off classic 350.
2) Battery cover has ben replaced with fibre one. (previously i suppose it was chrome plated.)
3) Engine is the same to same of classic 350. With RE logo and wings whereas though TBTS has same engine as this but the RE logo on clutch case is different. Salesman says even TBTS may come with same engine cover as c350

Bookings are open. Electra looks are same apart from the above mentioned difference. since i rode TBTS and c350 i can say that engine is more refined.

RTO approval is not yet taken. delivery will start once RTO approval has been done.

In my case he has said that i wait till end of this month. If they dont deliver TBTS as promised then i can change my bookings to Electra. sine i have already waited for TBTS for 35 days i will be the first person to book this and get this bike.

On road price in bangalore - 1.05lkhs.
4)
Hi Endofdayz

Many Thanks for the update.

Will go to the showroom by the weekend, as there in none in my route to office & back or in the vicinity. Hopefully the display model will have arrived with the dealer by them & if the test ride is available, it would be icing on the cake. I expect the ride to be same as old electra, & the engine is same as TBTS. So no issues with not selecting this model (I do not like the Fuel Tank design of TBTS, as it appears ugly to me against RE Lightening535 that my friend had & both me & my brother liked very much).

What if the sixe of the tyres (though it is immaterial for us two)?

OTR price of the bike in Delhi should be le little lower than Bangalore.

(I expect the update on the website after the RTO approval)

Regards
Old 18th February 2010, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

RTO approval~ARAI Approval

Quote:
Hi Endofdayz

Many Thanks for the update.

Will go to the showroom by the weekend, as there in none in my route to office & back or in the vicinity. Hopefully the display model will have arrived with the dealer by them & if the test ride is available, it would be icing on the cake. I expect the ride to be same as old electra, & the engine is same as TBTS. So no issues with not selecting this model (I do not like the Fuel Tank design of TBTS, as it appears ugly to me against RE Lightening535 that my friend had & both me & my brother liked very much).

What if the sixe of the tyres (though it is immaterial for us two)?

OTR price of the bike in Delhi should be le little lower than Bangalore.

(I expect the update on the website after the RTO approval)

Regards
Hi Endofdayz

Quick question...

... you mean ARAI approval when you say RTO approval of the new model.

Isn't it?

Thanks in advance
Old 18th February 2010, 13:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Endofdayz

Quick question...

... you mean ARAI approval when you say RTO approval of the new model.

Isn't it?

Thanks in advance
I guess so buddy.. not sure though. Acutally what that representative told me is need to take approval from RTO saying that electra has been changed for engine. they have to get green chit from RTO saying this bike is eligible to ride in roads. after that approval only the vehicle registration starts at actuals. Hope this clarifies. It may be ARAI.
Old 18th February 2010, 13:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess so buddy.. not sure though. Acutally what that representative told me is need to take approval from RTO saying that electra has been changed for engine. they have to get green chit from RTO saying this bike is eligible to ride in roads. after that approval only the vehicle registration starts at actuals. Hope this clarifies. It may be ARAI.
RTO approval means the state RTO, not ARAI.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 18th February 2010, 14:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
RTO approval means the state RTO, not ARAI.

Cheers,

Jay
hello guruji,

how are you? i'm still waiting for thunderbird. Initially after all those discussions i had booked TBTS. anyway he has given options to wait till end of month and then if they dont deliver thunderbird then make a call to swtich to electra.

What will be you take on this.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:48   #24
BHPian

coming soon. there web site will get updated.

Coming soon. STD350 out and this is coming soon.

UCE electra in showroom-bull.jpg
Old 18th February 2010, 20:23   #25
BHPian

wheels look 18"

Hope they come out with some unique color like they have done with the CL350 and 500
Old 18th February 2010, 22:21   #26
BHPian

New Engine , new electricals?

Will all UCE based bikes feature new electricals?

i.e. the brighter headlight, and the puny horn?
Old 19th February 2010, 19:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post

not sure about brighter headlights, but puny horn? yes, always
Old 19th February 2010, 21:23   #28
BHPian

CL350 booked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post

Had been to the Bandra, Mumbai showroom today - Have the booked the CL350 (waiting period 180 days )

I decided to go with the Classic 350 due to following reasons :-
  • Electra costs around 6K lesser but nothing other than the engine has changed on previous bikes. Which means same old headlight as compared to the better brighter light on the classics. So I was okay shelling out a little extra for the better styling and electricals. - Waiting period of just 30 days
  • Classic 500 was my first choice but after lot of discussions within friend circle and with the guy at the showroom decided to drop the plan only because my daily usage is approximately 60kms and Classic500 would be a little too heavy on my pocket as I am looking for a bike for primary use and not only weekend rides. - Waiting period of 5-6 months
Still, I have the option to switch my booking between any of the models mentioned above.

Lets see if passion wins over practicality during the waiting period and I end up going for a CL500.
Old 20th February 2010, 10:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Mantri,

Good decision imho. You won't miss the CL500 if you are a sedate rider. Also RE hasn't got the FI right and till a carbed version/FI with an o2 sensor comes out, the CL/UCE350s are a better bet. This is what I've been telling people who're in a dilemma over the two bulls. Buying the CL500 now simply means that you'll end up being a beta tester for RE. Like the case with early AVL350s and then the AVL500s.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 20th February 2010, 10:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello guruji,

how are you? i'm still waiting for thunderbird. Initially after all those discussions i had booked TBTS. anyway he has given options to wait till end of month and then if they dont deliver thunderbird then make a call to swtich to electra.

What will be you take on this.
The Electra UCE will be more flickable and will generally corner way better than the TBTS, more so if it come with 18 inchers, which I don't think it will.

Apart from that, the Electra UCE might be marginally faster than the TBTS as it is lighter while the TBTS relaxed ergonomics might suit riders who want a long distance tourer. Apart from these three factors, there is nothing much to separate these two.

Now, I'l make an interesting statement. A better breathing Electra UCE350 will come very close to a stock CL500s performance.

Cheers,

Jay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks