Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 10:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
T

Now, I'l make an interesting statement. A better breathing Electra UCE350 will come very close to a stock CL500s performance.
Means : Green/K&N + Bigger jet + free flow ~= CL500? I believe YES.

No hassles of FI to boot!
Old 20th February 2010, 11:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Means : Green/K&N + Bigger jet + free flow ~= CL500? I believe YES.

No hassles of FI to boot!
Yes sir. Easy bolt on power as the UCE bullets too breathe badly. And a lower kerb weight to boot.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 20th February 2010 at 11:17.
Old 20th February 2010, 14:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

I met a few RE officials yesterday.

The OTR for the Electra fully loaded trim reaches 96k in Delhi.

That is a good 7k less than my CL350.

IIRC the rims stay at 19".
Old 21st February 2010, 02:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Had been to the Bandra, Mumbai showroom today - Have the booked the CL350 (waiting period 180 days )

I decided to go with the Classic 350 due to following reasons :-
  • Electra costs around 6K lesser but nothing other than the engine has changed on previous bikes. Which means same old headlight as compared to the better brighter light on the classics. So I was okay shelling out a little extra for the better styling and electricals. - Waiting period of just 30 days
  • Classic 500 was my first choice but after lot of discussions within friend circle and with the guy at the showroom decided to drop the plan only because my daily usage is approximately 60kms and Classic500 would be a little too heavy on my pocket as I am looking for a bike for primary use and not only weekend rides. - Waiting period of 5-6 months
Still, I have the option to switch my booking between any of the models mentioned above.

Lets see if passion wins over practicality during the waiting period and I end up going for a CL500.
Hi,
Some people say that riding a pillion (if at all you are opting for the pillion seat, which again comes at a price i suppose) is not that comfortable on a classic since the seats being separate, are shaky and you cannot put a saddle seat ( support seat like the one on TBTS) which you can on an Electra. Also check the feasibility of tying saddle bags if you anytime plan to do a long ride. Tank bags will anyways not be possible since Classics have a rubber padding. Practicality wise Electra makes more sense to me, which I am going to buy very soon. Again, if you are above average height, the CL may not suite you due to low stance.. Read the reviews before making your final decision.

Regards,

Rahul K

Last edited by rahulya007 : 21st February 2010 at 02:47. Reason: small addition of quote
Old 21st February 2010, 02:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi Bro,
Yes the bikes are available for display. test ride is not yet available. I had been to showroom today. I have pics in my mobile which might take some time to load it here. Few things to notice here in electra is:
1) The silencer is same off classic 350.
2) Battery cover has ben replaced with fibre one. (previously i suppose it was chrome plated.)
Battery cover is not of plastic, but metal one painted in matt black unlike the previous model..Bullet does not feature any body part in plastic, except the electrical switches.. The factory fitted saree guard is also an advantage...
Quote:
3) Engine is the same to same of classic 350. With RE logo and wings whereas though TBTS has same engine as this but the RE logo on clutch case is different. Salesman says even TBTS may come with same engine cover as c350
The thump from the stock silencer also seems to be pretty decent as compared to the TBTS, I haven't heard the CL but heard the Electra UCE today. Although the thump was pretty good in the closets of the showroom, it should still be decent on the open roads...anyways, you always have an option of changing the silencer to get extra music to your ears..

Quote:
Bookings are open. Electra looks are same apart from the above mentioned difference. since i rode TBTS and c350 i can say that engine is more refined.

RTO approval is not yet taken. delivery will start once RTO approval has been done.

In my case he has said that i wait till end of this month. If they dont deliver TBTS as promised then i can change my bookings to Electra. sine i have already waited for TBTS for 35 days i will be the first person to book this and get this bike.

On road price in bangalore - 1.05lkhs.
4)
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The Electra UCE will be more flickable and will generally corner way better than the TBTS, more so if it come with 18 inchers, which I don't think it will.

Apart from that, the Electra UCE might be marginally faster than the TBTS as it is lighter while the TBTS relaxed ergonomics might suit riders who want a long distance tourer. Apart from these three factors, there is nothing much to separate these two.

Now, I'l make an interesting statement. A better breathing Electra UCE350 will come very close to a stock CL500s performance.

Cheers,

Jay
Guruji u confused me again. All the above points noted. But i think i will not do much of touring. Anyway lets c if RE keeps there promises of delivering the bike this weekend which i suppose not looking good.

then have a choice to move to electra.

Yeah its 19 inchers in electra.
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Guruji u confused me again. All the above points noted. But i think i will not do much of touring. Anyway lets c if RE keeps there promises of delivering the bike this weekend which i suppose not looking good.

then have a choice to move to electra.

Yeah its 19 inchers in electra.
First of all, I'm no guruji sir.

City: Electra

Highway: TBTS

If RE delivers the TBTS within this week, just take delivery and enjoy. Otherwise, you know what to do.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
First of all, I'm no guruji sir.

City: Electra

Highway: TBTS

If RE delivers the TBTS within this week, just take delivery and enjoy. Otherwise, you know what to do.

Cheers,

Jay
The amount of knowledge and information you have qualifies you to be guruji of bullet. sorry if i offended you with that statement.

Yeah Jay even i'm thinking of the same. Meanwhile called RE. and as usual the same reply. they are waiting for the load to arrive.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Mantri,

Good decision imho. You won't miss the CL500 if you are a sedate rider. Also RE hasn't got the FI right and till a carbed version/FI with an o2 sensor comes out, the CL/UCE350s are a better bet. This is what I've been telling people who're in a dilemma over the two bulls. Buying the CL500 now simply means that you'll end up being a beta tester for RE. Like the case with early AVL350s and then the AVL500s.

Cheers,

Jay
Jay - Thank you so much for you reply, now I am finally sure about going for a UCE 350 (Classic/Electra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Hi,
Some people say that riding a pillion (if at all you are opting for the pillion seat, which again comes at a price i suppose) is not that comfortable on a classic since the seats being separate, are shaky and you cannot put a saddle seat ( support seat like the one on TBTS) which you can on an Electra. Also check the feasibility of tying saddle bags if you anytime plan to do a long ride. Tank bags will anyways not be possible since Classics have a rubber padding. Practicality wise Electra makes more sense to me, which I am going to buy very soon. Again, if you are above average height, the CL may not suite you due to low stance.. Read the reviews before making your final decision.

Regards,

Rahul K
Rahul - I agree with you. I am a little more inclined towards the Classic due to the styling and better electricals it has to offer. I am 5.10' and weigh around 85kgs being on the healthier side. While I found the Classic 350 comfortable on the short test rides I did, I am not sure how good/bad it would be on longer rides. (Also my current bull has splits and my GF never complained till date, also mounting the cramsters was never a problem on my STD 350)

Have you got any feedback from guys using cramster saddle bags on the classics?
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have you got any feedback from guys using cramster saddle bags on the classics?
Here in Bangalore, a chap uses cramsters on his CL500 and he just did a 1000+ Km trip to Kerala sometime ago. He says that the cramsters work without issues. This is with the rear split seat on.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Bangalore, a chap uses cramsters on his CL500 and he just did a 1000+ Km trip to Kerala sometime ago. He says that the cramsters work without issues. This is with the rear split seat on.

Cheers,

Jay
Is this with the stock silencer?
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,

Jay
Thats good news for me. Also Jay, just wanted to make sure what is the difference - How differrent are the functionalities of front forks on Classic (Reverse) and Electra (regular telescopic).
And which ones are better to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Is this with the stock silencer?
I think for upswept you would need the saddle bags which are sold by cramster guys for Pulsars & Karizma.

Stallion - For Bullets with regular silencers
Colt - For Classics and other bikes with upswept exhausts
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good news for me. Also Jay, just wanted to make sure what is the difference - How differrent are the functionalities of front forks on Classic (Reverse) and Electra (regular telescopic).
And which ones are better to maintain.
If you check all the two wheelers around, most of them or you can almost all of them have telescopic system. Even Honda Avaiator and Mahindra rodeo's and duro' s have telescopic dampers nowadays. They seem to improve the ride quality and control as compared to reverse ones. From my knowledge, I think reverse are more prone to wear and have less damping than telescopic ones...Older bullets were said to be having bad experience about reverse dampers as they would be very dangerous on a bumpy ride and the chances of them getting damaged was more..This reason can also be attributed to the weight of the older bulls..which was more than 200 kg's. or may be close to 220 Kgs. Now, bulls including humans have become calorie and weight conscious it seems..

All guru's out here, please clarify if I am having some misconception..

Quote:
I think for upswept you would need the saddle bags which are sold by cramster guys for Pulsars & Karizma.

Stallion - For Bullets with regular silencers
Colt - For Classics and other bikes with upswept exhausts
Colt will only apply if someone goes for the upswept one. otherwise factory fitted is the same long bottle neck as it was on machismo AVL. Same silencer and engine are there in Electra 5S UCE now.

Regards,

Rahul K

Last edited by rahulya007 : 22nd February 2010 at 17:58. Reason: text edit
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
.. How differrent are the functionalities of front forks on Classic (Reverse) and Electra (regular telescopic). ..
But first, what is a 'Reverse fork' ?
hope it ain't Usd forks.
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:16   #45
BHPian

As I posted earlier (probably in another thread) the forks in the Classic are not inverted. It is just a dust cover on top of the normal telescopic forks. It is there on the Std 350 as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...do=big&p=14365 Refer to this image for a picture of the STD 350 with the dust cover removed. As you can see, its a normal telescopic fork.

Please excuse the crappy diagram below.
Attached Thumbnails
UCE electra in showroom-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by GreaseMonk : 22nd February 2010 at 20:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks