Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 15:19   #1
BHPian

shogun's air screw setting

hey ppl...
wat is the stock setting of the air screw on the shogun? (how many turns shud i turn the air screw to the left from fully tight) does anyone happen to have the service manual of the shogun?

thx a lot...
Old 17th September 2005, 23:23   #2
BHPian

er.....any help?? (20...character....limit.....)
Old 18th September 2005, 07:48   #3
BANNED

Rice Tuner,

It is usually 13/4 turn on two strokes but you should also go by the smoke factor at idle, too much smoke means you have to lean it off a little.
Old 18th September 2005, 12:01   #4
BHPian

hey gurkha! thx a lot bro.. n yea, u pretty much own my fantasy.. (THE rc 45) lol...the only place i'v had my hands on one of those is in the SBK video games...
*hails u*
Old 18th September 2005, 13:07   #5
BANNED

Thanks for the apperciation of the RC 45, it is a good bike and for once, HONDA got the chassis right, usually, HONDA always made HP but could never mate it to a proper chassis like Yamaha.

Here is another tip to adjust your idle screw. Increase your idle a little, then screw down your idle mixture screw till it stops, at that point your engine will almost come to a stall, start backing off slowly till you get the max RPM on your tach, after a certain point of opening, you will see your idle start dropping again, go back to the point where you get the max rpm at idle. You should also go by spark plug color as well as throttle response, too rich and you will get smoke, too lean and your response will be woolly and your engine note will tell you it is drawing in air.

Most Viewed