Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 20:49   #16
SAS
BHPian

I too have booked the P-220 today. And like all you guys who have booked it, I too am in a dilemma on which colour to choose. For now I have chosen Grey.

One question: Which colours on the Pulsars are metallic paints? I'd prefer a metallic paint rather than a solid one. If the grey isn't metallic, then I shall change my preference to Black. Please let me know asap. Thanks..
Old 1st March 2010, 10:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
@SAS

Yes, Silver Grey is indeed metallic
Cheers
--PT
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:11   #18
BHPian

Hey congrats on the new bike. It looks really cool. I picked up the fared version in January (Dec 09 model because I could not wait for 45 days like the PB dealer said).

I picked up my bike at PBK Indiranagar and did not have any problems. Infact they were pretty prompt with everything, I had the deal closed (including exchanging my fiero) in 20 mins flat. The bike was delivered one day before the promised date.

Its true that the guys there dont have any knowledge of the bike. The only inputs you will get from them is about the tubeless tires, the lamps and the damn self cancelling indicators (this is a bloody pain).

I wanted to get the silver grey colour scheme but when i saw one outside in the sunlight it looked pretty dull, hence I picked up the blue one. I think all of the colours are metallic so thats not an issue.

For someone looking for colour options I would suggest either blue or the moroon.

Cheers,
Parik
Old 2nd March 2010, 17:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
@patik_ind

Thanks Parik, thanks for colour suggestion too. Yes I agree grey is pretty dull

Update : 02-Mar-2010
Follow up call to ProBiking this morning, it started with response like "Sir, 20-25 days waiting" not satisfied with answer I ask "What are your efforts to ensure you receive load earlier ?" guy asks me to contact Mr. Prakar, who is posted at Pune and looks after B'lore backlog to dispatch vehicals. Wasting no time I ring him only to know reality. He goes like, "yes sir your waiting is valid we have piled up demand all over India so waiting is inevitable". Looks like he checked with ProBiking to confirm that waitlist in Grey colour is 7. and have to wait another 2 loads. With heavy heart I cut the call not before giving my piece of my on what/how dealer can ensure customers by delivering vehical quicker! how daft.
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

@PowerTrained: Nice bike to wait for. I TD the bike and it is very nice, best this side of Ninja However, I would have wanted them to enhance the quality if not looks of the 220 baby. They seem to give value more than quality in this case, you are only paying more for the engine. Nothing else felt different from the other family members.

I did a brief research on why every manufacturer is running in delays and waiting lists. And it was quite easy, many manufacturers no matter what they say on TV had no faith in the government after Global meltdown and thus raw material wasn't booked in time. Also now a days, with global players coming in they are overplaying the wait list game to enhance prestige of their brand seems counter intuitive still its working.

OT: It was Henry Ford comment for Black color.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:06   #21
SAS
BHPian

Thanks PowerTrained and parik_ind. I'll continue with my grey booking. It's a low maintenance colour, although it does not grab attention as much as red and black, which I'm ok with.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery. Here in Mumbai too the wait period is over a month.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
@Sn1p3r

Thanks for your input, indeed, Bajaj had all the best option to improve quality aspects. I couldnt agree more on slower production, remember Bajaj didnt have plan B when MRF plant went on strike, had to damage control in hurry. All in all bike enthusiasts have to bear all the burnt.
On Henry Ford comment you caught me... what was I thinking? silly mistake.
Quote:
@SAS

Good to know you prefer Grey and we always have an option to change dont we . Waiting period is really frustrating... imagine yourself being stuck in B'lore traffic in your car and the moment signal is green these beasty fellas zipping through... makes you feel idiot!
Old 13th March 2010, 17:19   #23
SAS
BHPian

@PowerTrained, you got delivery of your bike? If yes, any updates on the test ride? I still have to wait a couple weeks for mine.
Old 14th March 2010, 17:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
@SAS

Same story here, wait and wait! I spoke to he dealer, dispatcher and everyone else in the loop but to no avail. Latest estimate is next weekend for my bike but I ain't trust anyone until I see it. If anyone has Rajiv Bajaj's contact, I could write to him as well.
Cheers
--PT
Old 24th March 2010, 23:31   #25
SAS
BHPian

Powertrained, any updates on the delivery? As for me, they have not given any date nor called me to pay up the balance. So I guess it would take another week. I shall be completing 4 weeks waiting this Friday. Shucks, the wait is painful...
Old 25th March 2010, 15:35   #26
BHPian

Whoever gets it first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@SAS 4 weeks is nothing.

I booked my bike on January 14, 2010 that makes it 69 days........

And all because I want the silver colour.

I think this record of mine will take stand for some time.

And I have been asked to wait for a few more days.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
@SAS

No updates same old lame excuses... the dispatch truck is yet to leave this Saturday This might explain the ground reality though!

Quote:
@mayurpalav

69 days for Silver Grey? man that's bad too bad. May we all get our bikes soonest...

Cheers
PT
Old 25th March 2010, 18:09   #28
BHPian

@PowerTrained: Did you offer the dealer to make full payment? When I went shopping for my P220 DTSi (faired) in september last year, I was quoted 30 days waiting period for silver color since Bajaj produces this color in limited numbers. The dealer told me that if I paid in full, I would get priority over other bookings. I paid in full and got the bike (with all the formalities completed) in 6 days flat!
Old 26th March 2010, 20:22   #29
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
@SAS 4 weeks is nothing.

I booked my bike on January 14, 2010 that makes it 69 days........

And all because I want the silver colour.

I think this record of mine will take stand for some time.

And I have been asked to wait for a few more days.
69 days is outright ridiculous!

Yes grey is a slow moving colour, but this is just ridiculous. I see you too are from Mumbai. From where did you book the bike? I booked mine from Sai Service Borivali.

I'm in two minds whether to keep the booking or cancel it. I normally use my car to commute and I've converted it to CNG this week, making it more affordable. Let's see, I'll go tomorrow and check the status. If these guys are still clueless, I'll cancel my booking and might go for a suzuki GS150 or other commuter.

Anybody knows what's the waiting period for the GS150?
Old 26th March 2010, 22:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

I would say it's high time Bajaj redid the pulsar's design. Look at the difference between UG-I and UG-III. The engine, Design, ride and handling have advanced by light years.

A Led backlight, monoshock at the rear, A lighter and better weighted steering, a redesigned front end (remove the fairing totally and give it a Fazer/Graptor like hooligan look) would work. And they totally need to redesign the tank for sure.

Excellent bike that's become boring now.

Most Viewed