Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 11:49   #31
BHPian

Hi All,
Can anyone post the Electrical details of Pulsar 220 S. I mean Dynamo Rating?
In my existing Pulsar 150 DTSi, I have changed it to a higher wattage one & have upgraded the head light to Philips Extreme Power 55/60w. Very good brightness and good road coverage.
I am planning to buy 220S in a month so was thinking if same mods can be done to 220S
Old 29th March 2010, 12:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
If at all Bajaj happens to read this, please atleast put one guy = Engineer + Passion for bikes + Courtious to customers you can sell double the amount 220s. For that matter, any T-Bhpian can make best recruit!
From personal experience, the solution to that, for BAL owners (plus, owners-to-be) is at AutoService in Banashankari. You'll get those all the attributes you mentioned there, except they're not a formal dealer but a service centre. I believe they were still getting bikes on request, tho.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Hi All,
Can anyone post the Electrical details of Pulsar 220 S. I mean Dynamo Rating?
In my existing Pulsar 150 DTSi, I have changed it to a higher wattage one & have upgraded the head light to Philips Extreme Power 55/60w. Very good brightness and good road coverage.
I am planning to buy 220S in a month so was thinking if same mods can be done to 220S
I believe the P220 S is equipped with a 55/60w bulb(other than what comes on P150 and P180), so you would not need to mod anything.
Old 29th March 2010, 14:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I believe the P220 S is equipped with a 55/60w bulb(other than what comes on P150 and P180), so you would not need to mod anything.
Hello MurtazaGhiya,
Please check the specs on the link below. Also find attached picture.
Bajaj New Pulsar 220 DTS-i
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Pulsar 220 StreetFighter-220s.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 14:41   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushmulay View Post
Hello MurtazaGhiya,
Please check the specs on the link below. Also find attached picture.
Bajaj New Pulsar 220 DTS-i
Thanks for correcting me. Last when I checked that site there was no different rating for the 'S' version. But, I still remember reading somewhere about the lamps on the 220S being 55w. Let me try to find that link.
Old 30th March 2010, 02:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurpalav View Post
I have also booked mine in Mumbai from Shreenath Motors in Ghatkopar on the 14th of Jan 2010.
Bikeindia says you get to choose the tires MRF or TVS. Whats the difference?
Old 30th March 2010, 03:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

its not a choice actaully, you just get different tyres in different bikes, some come with IRC, EUROGRIP, MRF all tubeless. but the EUROGRIP is bit kinda dual purpose ones.

----------
PS. you dont choose the tyres but yes you can check the verious bikes in the stock and pick the one with the specific tyre choice.
Old 30th March 2010, 07:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

apparently, MRF had problems with tires production, so Eurogrip was chosen as a short term solution, as per recent talks, its back to MRF Zapper now for all p-220S.

Do pick up the MRF or TVS as Eurogrip are crappy, especially during braking hard.

Hope this helps
Old 30th March 2010, 08:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

There is an almost 2 month waiting for the P220, so I got my self a silver 'Karishma' in 8 days flat. In todays day and age of ' khao, khujao, batti bujhao', waiting for 2 months is unpalatable.
My first P180, original from the first lot of production pulsars now goes in for a full rejuvenation after 1,25000 kms. What I still love about my old P180 is that I took the cover off after almost 8 months and it started on the 10th kick inspite of a totally dead battery.
Long live Mr.Bajaj Pulsar.
Sorry for the slight OT post.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 30th March 2010 at 08:25.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
its not a choice actaully, you just get different tyres in different bikes, some come with IRC, EUROGRIP, MRF all tubeless.
Hmmm.....thats just like any other bike then. Wonder why BI makes a special mention of it in their story. MRF seems to be the one to go for grip 'on-road'.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:25   #41
BHPian

Hi,

If you are ever given an option pick MRF. Dont know much about Eurogrip but TVS tyres suck. Found them extremely unreliable when I used them on my fiero and even when I was debating which bike to buy the guys at Ashwa TVS (I think, its in Banashankari III stage, Blore) asked me to get the tyres changed if I went in for the Apache RTR 180.

And guys any update on the waiting period. I haven't visited the forum for quite sometime and today when i read all the older posts it did not sound very reassuring . I guess some of the best things you may need to wait.

Parik
Old 1st April 2010, 20:21   #42
BHPian

hi all,
Sorry have been too busy but its a fact that, waiting period is still on, it sucks bigtime! can't emphasise more.

cheeers
--PT
Old 1st April 2010, 20:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrained View Post
hi all,
Sorry have been too busy but its a fact that, waiting period is still on, it sucks bigtime! can't emphasise more.

cheeers
--PT
Have they at least given you a tentative date of when you can expect the bike. Or is the tentative date changing from the day you booked the bike?

This is really bad from Bajaj to delay the delivery.
Old 2nd April 2010, 01:02   #44
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Have they at least given you a tentative date of when you can expect the bike. Or is the tentative date changing from the day you booked the bike?

This is really bad from Bajaj to delay the delivery.
No luck for me either...

Booked a silver grey P220 over a month back and no sign of it. I'll cancel my booking this Saturday. No use waiting for this. While I absolutely love the freedom of a powerful tourer / commuter bike, I cannot forget the practicality of a car and having recently converted my car to CNG and also leaving for office earlier to avoid traffic, I find myself with little use of the P-220 other than the weekends. Hence my decision.
Old 11th April 2010, 23:33   #45
BHPian

Light at the end of dark tunnel!

Hi all,
Just when I was on the verge of loosing all hopes and thinking to put an end to living in misery, I get a call from Bajaj Probiking asking me preference for Faired or Naked? duh! boy were they out of their wits? I asserted politely my choice and color too. The call ended with usual tone of "we-will-get-back-to-you". All this happened last week when I was going through health problems at home didnt really have time for anything. Once out of hospital, I had an afternoon to check on status with Dealer, and then with Mr. Prakar (Dispatch guy), gave him an earful of what it is like to be on receiving end when BAL claims to sell Pulsars why cant so they just do it. 45 days of waiting just for sheer passion of revving? Prakar obviously was surprised as he's honoured vehicles for everyone withing 35days! He promised to do 'something' very soon about it... I pestered to get to the bottom of this right now. which he rightfully followed up with Mr. Janaki on LIVE conference then and there. Another 25 minutes of root-cause, apology, options and soon actions all in single breath followed. Finally concluded on next dispatch to have my vehical. Well atlast some ray of hope that I shall be getting my vehical finally. Last Saturday morning Janaki called me to make remaining payment so he can deliver soonest. Same day I visited Indiranagar PB showroom met Janaki and asked him to show me the vehical and get all the monies. He is like "sir your vehical has already left factory, it could be anytime here in Bangalore..." I wouldnt budge as I didnt want to pay money and make an idiot out of all ultra-idiots at showroom. This must have shaken Janaki's professional credibility... just when I was leaving Janaki came calling, beaming dramatically in full bollywood style and offered me the vehical in the showroom that was on display. "Sir you can as well have this if you make payment now..." I's like "WHAT?" "yes sir I can give you this now that I know your vehical will arrive soon. Atleast this is in my hands I can do sir ". Remember this is the same vehical that was on display, I'd clicked few snaps as well . I said not bad totally, did quick check of vehical, noted down Engine and chassis nos. Paid all money (71776/- + 10k advance) and asked him to register ASAP. It would take 3-4 days to finish all formalities, latest coming saturday(17th April) I should have my most waited vehical P220 Naked Silver Grey.

Now I need help from Bhpian gurus for anti-theft/security devices so I don't loose my priced possession. I think cable lock is quite handy but please do suggest me if you got better ideas. Thanks in advance though.

PS: Apologies for not updating this thread, living between home and hospital has been quite stressful, one has little patience. So all bhpians thanks for your posts and really appreciate your contributions.

Cheers
--PT

Most Viewed