Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:33   #1
BHPian

2010 Pulsar 220 StreetFighter

I would like to start an ownership thread for P220S. Booked SilverGrey beast yesterday at the dealer, there came a shocking waiting period of 35 days! (during my last visit for TD bikes were in stock and 4days was what would take possession of one). I did check what's taking so long, it seems there is some unknown issue at the plant and Bangalore has not received fresh load for more than 3 weeks now. This put me slightly worried though, anyways waiting period has been most painful in my experience. Once you have made up your mind on to the bike, you just wanna get it between your legs... cant help but dream of revving it all over town.

Some pictures of the bike in flesh and blood... I did make an instant offer to the dealer if I could drive away this one, guy was lame and wouldnt budge. Brute.

Cheers
--PT
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:51   #2
BHPian

congrats ! Didnt you upload the pic ?
How much did it cost ?
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:47   #3
BHPian

Oops! I did upload, for some reason they diappeared. Here you go... it costs me 78085/- on road.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Pulsar 220 StreetFighter-22022010056.jpg  

2010 Pulsar 220 StreetFighter-22022010058.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2010, 15:28   #4
BHPian

Pulsars are looking boring nowadays. Hope they get an all-new one ASAP!
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:36   #5
BHPian

Techically not boring. But rather common now..
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Proxima. I feel that they should have kept the Projector lamp atleast to make it look different from other 135,150,180's.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats PT

& yes they look similar as they all belong to Pulsar Family & thats what helps Bajaj in keeping the prices low.

@Amtak - the 135 actually looks very non Pulsar
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:27   #8
BHPian

Congratulations on the new bike. They should have retained the headlamps for sure. Anyway the price difference is just 2 k form the fairing version and those projector headlamps is worth every penny.

BTW are they still offering the fairing (projector headlamps) version?
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yes the faired version is still on sale, this is just another variant of the P220
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:37   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Congratulations on the new bike. They should have retained the headlamps for sure. Anyway the price difference is just 2 k form the fairing version and those projector headlamps is worth every penny.

BTW are they still offering the fairing (projector headlamps) version?
you bet these Projector lamps illumination are THE best i have ever seen on any Indian bike and the high Beam is amazing if you happend to travel at 80kmph at night with Helmet with the visor on (CLEAR type Visor).

The Bullet's light also fall short when compared to 220's projector.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
@S3va, @Technocrat @Abbas,

Thanks.
Quote:
@Proxima
Yes I agree that looks are no longer head-turners most of it because we have so many Pulsars around that it needs a refresh. If only Bajaj retained projector headlamps, it could atleast stand out from the rest. With new 220 sticker 150, 180 and 220 all look alike. But, I wouldnt care, my ride is the roaring beast.
Actually for Bajaj, it saves hellova bucks as sourcing of components is comparatively easier as they run off the same mill and format
Old 24th February 2010, 14:39   #12
BHPian

Mine coming in the same colour

@Powertrained

I have also booked mine in Mumbai from Shreenath Motors in Ghatkopar on the 14th of Jan 2010, The same colour as yours but not the street fighter version. Now apparently, Bajaj sells the P220 from the Probiking outlets only , this is what I come to know on the 9th of Feb 2010. This is after I followed up with the dealership to confirm the delivery date, earlier they had said that the waiting period could me more than 25-30 days, which was fine with me.

On Feb 10, 2010. I had to book the bike again with the dealer and go and show the receipt at the probiking outlet and wait for 30 more days for the delivery of the bike.

So you make sure with the dealer whether you have to visit the probiking showroom or not.

Needless to say, I am still waiting for the phonecall confirming the delivery of my bike.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th February 2010 at 14:49. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules carefully, thanks
Old 24th February 2010, 15:33   #13
BHPian

Colour colour what colour

I have booked silver grey, but would like to know what is your choice given a chance?
Pulsars are available in only 4 colours, Red, Blue, Black and Grey. Bajaj coins quite catchy names though

Blue : represents Calm, mystical, natural/universal colour
Coming to the choice I have had blue Fierro in the past (nicknamed "BlueBoy" as well) really liked the looks, blue is my favourite colour too... so want some change this time around, something new something thats different.

Red : represents Passion, Emotion, danger
Red is bright and screams attention, however disadvantage is, over period of time, tends to loose li'l shine. My personal opinion is that red is feminine/glamerous and suites best on ladies . By nature I'm slightly introvert not really kinda brash personality. I'd have to leave it alone as there are too many reds zipping around.

Black : represents Absense, mysterious, negative
Black is one colour that gave killer mean looks to pulsar din't it ? and am in love with all-black-treatment totally, but, my family does not like the colour at all. It's wierd thing that runs in family, there is belief that black is inauspicious/brings badluck so anything black is strict no no! I think its true with many people in India colour black is frowned upon. Interestingly in the west black is considered lucky colour and for cars black is preferred. Didn't GM produce only black cars early days and said "you can have any colour as long as its BLACK"

Grey : represents Neutral, conservative, metal
That leaves me with one colour, grey and hence went ahead with booking. The fact that there are relatively fewer pulsars in grey just adds to it. I think colour also suites my personality. Hides dust pretty well (helps on lazy weekends) and I may decide to change colour at later time to something like lime yellow
Old 24th February 2010, 16:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
@Mayurpalav

Thanks Mayur, I learnt that hardway on my first visit, it was early Jan! Bangalore came up with a Probiking Experience Zone (just one) in Indiranagar.

Its kind of upmarketshowroom where you can take ride in closed room (forgot what they call it) and see innards of various components like silencer, engine et all. I had demanded reason behind pulling every customer to one location, manager was polite in explaining that Bajaj isnt happy with current dealers on treating bike enthusiasts and PB will respect and probably like to take relationship to higher level. I thought its another marketing gimmick as there aren't sales chaps that are bike enthusiasts nor have any clue what people like you and me are after! Surprisingly I found them technically incompetent and lacking professionalism as well.

If at all Bajaj happens to read this, please atleast put one guy = Engineer + Passion for bikes + Courtious to customers you can sell double the amount 220s. For that matter, any T-Bhpian can make best recruit!
Old 25th February 2010, 13:13   #15
BHPian

bloody fast and an absolute hooligan! The bike is an absolute blast, have fun. In fact its quicker than its faired sibling but only marginally.

Last edited by balenopower : 25th February 2010 at 13:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks