Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 20:50   #31
BHPian

Bad website to start with.

"CB Unicorn comes with a smart meter console that not only reminds you of speed and other riding data, but also adds to your adrenalin rush"

They have a real simple console, and they hired a writer - SMART

I have to agree that the bike is a good package overall, but the revamp is limited to a sticker job.

RTR/GS150 over this any day for me!

I don't know why some of these updates or so pointless and futile. Or may be it is just me feeling this...
Old 26th March 2010, 21:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Looks are good, but would like to see the engine upgraded to twin 100cc or twin 80cc parallel twin atleast. Tired of single cylinders.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS View Post
You forgot to add several other features like the "smart meter console" and the "3D form for the Honda wing logo"

"Smart meter console"? How is it different from the present one- looks the same to me- same analog tacho, speedo and fuel guage combination. ?
Old 26th March 2010, 22:24   #34
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
"Smart meter console"? How is it different from the present one- looks the same to me- same analog tacho, speedo and fuel guage combination. ?
The console is the same. I believe they just changed the look of the dial marginally. They are now calling that smart. More on the lines of HH: paste a sticker here and there, change the colours, etc and you have an all new bike.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:11   #35
kkg
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulivan View Post
Wonder why they put up a rear disc brake kit for a punny 150cc motorcycle.
Monoshock on unicorn is a piece of joke, It would be near rock like *** past 10k km.

As far as putting rear disc is concerned, every company is doing it with their flagship model, so why should Honda lag behind??? No matter if your bike is 200 cc or 150 cc, when it is above 60km/hr you need good braking and rear disc helps in that.

And who says the mono shock of unicorn goes for a toss after 10k? My uni is 4.5 yrs and 46500 kms old and the mono shock is still doing its duty. No doubt its not working as same when it was new but it still is not bad.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:23   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
As far as putting rear disc is concerned, every company is doing it with their flagship model, so why should Honda lag behind??? No matter if your bike is 200 cc or 150 cc, when it is above 60km/hr you need good braking and rear disc helps in that.
Sir, P-220 has rear disc brakes that match an R1 and perhaps exceed it
Old 26th March 2010, 23:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

[quote=kkg;1805721]
Quote:

And who says the mono shock of unicorn goes for a toss after 10k? My uni is 4.5 yrs and 46500 kms old and the mono shock is still doing its duty. No doubt its not working as same when it was new but it still is not bad.
Look at it the other way round. HMSI has a 13.3 bhp powered , age old , but tried and tested bike as their flagship model while their less experienced counterparts have better VFM offerings. BTW, even i dont think a rear disc is necessary given the premium Honda is going to charge for the same and the speeds a Unicorn can do.

Come on, HH once offered front discs on 97.2 cc , 7 bhp engines , so this move from the Honda stable is quite normal
Old 27th March 2010, 00:28   #38
BHPian

The CB Unicorn is not an upgrade. They just renamed it as CB Unicorn. Honda never claimed it to be an upgrade.

There is a Unicorn Sports version coming soon and it will have substantial upgrade as shown in AutoExpo at a much higher price. They would sell the regular Unicorn along with it.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
The CB Unicorn is not an upgrade. They just renamed it as CB Unicorn. Honda never claimed it to be an upgrade.

There is a Unicorn Sports version coming soon and it will have substantial upgrade as shown in AutoExpo at a much higher price. They would sell the regular Unicorn along with it.
Oh. What do you think about the previous 4 "gens" of the Unicorn that were launched? Were they upgrades ? Atleast in Honda/HH terms ?
Old 27th March 2010, 14:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Oh. What do you think about the previous 4 "gens" of the Unicorn that were launched? Were they upgrades ? Atleast in Honda/HH terms ?
There is no generation change claimed by Honda now. They just added a viscous filter and color options minimized to three. I will not call this an upgrade at all.
Old 2nd April 2010, 11:58   #41
BANNED

Well, I was pretty disappointed by the Honda guys deeds. Uni still remains underpowered when compared to other 150s !
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

my good friend just opened his new honda two wheelers showroom here, told me havent heard about any new unicorn coming.Lets see when they really launch it.
Old 2nd April 2010, 14:36   #43
BHPian

Vijay, it will be great if you could get some info on specs and launch date.
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post

honda's taking us for a ride
they have been doing the same thing for the past four years
putting some stickers and selling the same old stuff
hope they launch the sports version soon
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
honda's taking us for a ride
they have been doing the same thing for the past four years
putting some stickers and selling the same old stuff
hope they launch the sports version soon
The Unicorn is the best all-round 150cc bike even now. It is the other bike manufacturers who give pathetic quality products who are taking us for a ride, not Honda!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks