Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 13:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
@aargee: I have a six year old TVS Victor often used for touring in and around Mumbai/Pune-Not a speed racer but quite comfortable for long drives. The location what you have shown never occured to me,thanks for it. But I think for the best position for a costly helmet should be to rest it properly on the seat in the vertical upright position and lock it.(This can be done only when you dont have a pillion)The seat cushion helps to avoid any damage to the helmet and also at the same time the vertical upright position avoids any damage to the visor or tail light(as earlier described in my last post).The helmet doesnot rattle also. About the wire based locks they come to work only when the bike is at rest otherwise the helmet will be damaged in no time if one drives with it locked to the bike by a wire lock.
I was wondering how could a helmet rattle when the bike is at rest, but Abbay's answer below helped me understand things better; Amit - please wear helmets when riding (if not, pls don't disclose ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Best position for the helmet when riding - would be on the head, right?
Couldn't agree more
Old 15th March 2010, 22:51   #32
BHPian

@aargee: I do wear helmets even for short runs but there are times when you just wanna cross the road and park on to the other side,at such times its impractical to wear helemet and again remove it.I think you understand and I am not talking about driving for more than 30-40 metres not like the ones who wear helmets on their elbows.
Consider this case: You have two helmets one for yourself and one for your pillion.Now where do you keep your pillion's helmet when you are going to pick him up?(Offcourse once you pick him up he should wear the helmet,but till that time how can I carry the pillion helmet?)
Old 16th March 2010, 08:19   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
(Offcourse once you pick him up he should wear the helmet,but till that time how can I carry the pillion helmet?)
what is the cost of a helmet lock? Rs.200-300?
and chances of you damaging your helmet-100%

why don't you look at this as an option? it is a lappy holder too.water bottle/keys/purse/phones shall stay securely at one place
Cramster - Travel Gear For The Restless : Motorcycle Luggage, Saddlebags, Magnetic Tankbags, Riding Gear - Jacket, Gloves, Backpacks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks