Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2015, 16:02   #391
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Ah doesn't look like I have enough permissions (posts rather) to send a PM on here.

I've updated the website on my profile with my facebook page. If you could send me a message on there, that would be great. A DM on Twitter would be cool too.
Make it adventurous. Meet the gang at the designated spot at the right time. Military precision.
Old 11th July 2015, 16:05   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Make it adventurous. Meet the gang at the designated spot at the right time. Military precision.
Haha. I would, but the thought of having to put one earphone in for GPS ( which I absolutely do not condone ) is painful ( did it yesterday from Electronic city to my office, and I decided I HAVE to get a mobile mount ).

In all essence, I'd probably be early though.
Old 11th July 2015, 16:23   #393
BHPian

Quote:
but the thought of having to put one earphone in for GPS
And that is something which I have done in every weekend or out of station ride of mine, for navigation as well as music. Not on expressways though! This way, some few songs in my playlist are associated with some of my best rides. I listen to them and boom, I remember those rides. Heh.

What do you ride, mate? Can't see your twitter handle as well else would've pinged you there.
Old 11th July 2015, 16:33   #394
BHPian

Quote:
And that is something which I have done in every weekend or out of station ride of mine, for navigation as well as music. Not on expressways though! This way, some few songs in my playlist are associated with some of my best rides. I listen to them and boom, I remember those rides. Heh.

What do you ride, mate? Can't see your twitter handle as well else would've pinged you there.
Well, I use IEMs, which sit inside the ear with great isolation, so I consider it risky to use earphones while riding, especially if I can't hear one side. Never know where people are in India, even though I physically turn to check my blind spots.

Twitter handle is ShaneIyer1, like my facebook custom link.

I bought a CBR250R ABS last Friday and I just refuelled with Shell V-Power yesterday after riding through the pouring rain from office. Didn't have much time to test it, but yeah. The bike feels very different, but a good different.
Old 11th July 2015, 16:54   #395
BHPian

@Shanenanigans Not sure if you already have the details but here goes:

Destination : Shoolagiri for breakfast

Distance from meeting point ~ 40kms

Meeting point : Service road, next to the signal, after ecity elevated way.
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir//1...77.6772979,21z

Time : 0630 AM

Expected : Many

Anyone else willing to join may PM.
Old 11th July 2015, 16:58   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
@Shanenanigans Not sure if you already have the details but here goes:

Destination : Shoolagiri for breakfast

Distance from meeting point ~ 40kms

Meeting point : Service road, next to the signal, after ecity elevated way.
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir//1...77.6772979,21z

Time : 0630 AM

Expected : Many

Anyone else willing to join may PM.
I'll be there. Just a question - Can bikes take the elevated highway? Also, what's the toll for the bikes if they can?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2015 at 17:27. Reason: Edited out the unwanted bits.
Old 11th July 2015, 17:40   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'll be there. Just a question - Can bikes take the elevated highway? Also, what's the toll for the bikes if they can?

Yes bikes can take the elevated expressway. Toll is 20 bucks one way
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 18:56   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I use IEMs, which sit inside the ear with great isolation, so I consider it risky to use earphones while riding, especially if I can't hear one side. Never know where people are in India, even though I physically turn to check my blind spots.

Twitter handle is ShaneIyer1, like my facebook custom link.

I bought a CBR250R ABS last Friday and I just refuelled with Shell V-Power yesterday after riding through the pouring rain from office. Didn't have much time to test it, but yeah. The bike feels very different, but a good different.
Followed on Twitter.

Well, then. What better than the empty NH7 to test the capabilties of a Ceeber? Have a great one!

Watch out for mate Sojo and his antics thought. He's notoriously reputed for burning unnecessary petrol of many of our bikers here. (Read : chasing him because he was too busy to notice a turn) You'll know tomorrow what I mean.

@Sojo - #oksorry #arsenalrocks

Last edited by barcalad : 11th July 2015 at 18:59.
Old 11th July 2015, 19:10   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Followed on Twitter.

Well, then. What better than the empty NH7 to test the capabilties of a Ceeber? Have a great one!

Watch out for mate Sojo and his antics thought. He's notoriously reputed for burning unnecessary petrol of many of our bikers here. (Read : chasing him because he was too busy to notice a turn) You'll know tomorrow what I mean.

Haha sounds great! Been waiting to open her up. Now I have good reason.
Shanenanigans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 19:27   #400
BHPian

Quote:
25 for a daily ticket. Yes Bikes can take it and with a daily pass you can ride all day on that, breaking her in perfectly.

Quote:

That just happened one time mate !
Ok two !
Fine !! 3 times !

But its only the fuel in mine that burns, others just wait

Luckily there are no turns tomorrow

#VivaElBarcArdaAndAllThat
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:03   #401
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday saw a short and sweet ride to Shoolagiri and back for a 11 bhpians and a guest making for a dozen. Meet up was at 6:30 at the end of the BETL and all of us landed up except for hifisharu who came in a bit later with a friend. Surprise was with sheikimran who joined at the last moment with his red helmet and newbie Shanenanigans on his brand new CBR. There were a another huge group of motorcycle riders who started from the same place and left a bit before us. When we caught up with them the road became really crowded. Breakfast was a toss up between burgers and idlis so we settled to a 8:4 ratio respectively.

Incidentally ran into two more bhpians 650 ninja owners narula123 and killjoy who demoed his IXIL silencer for me.

On our return there was only one U turn to negotiate and one of the group missed it, but other than that and a good bit of buffeting due to brisk westerly winds, the ride was uneventful.

Basically the dates of the overnighter to Yarcaud was fixed for the 25/26 of this month and so far we have 8 confirmed and another 3/4 probables.
goandude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:34   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

On our return there was only one U turn to negotiate and one of the group missed it, but other than that and a good bit of buffeting due to brisk westerly winds, the ride was uneventful...
I guess we all know which group are we talking about
I didn't actually miss it this time (Excuses !!!). But didn't know we had to take the U under the bridge. I took the one on the highway a few kilometers ahead and a few of the lovely co riders awaited my arrival ! Great group that takes my stupidity sportingly. As @sammyboy told, 'Somethings are not meant to be !!!'

There was a ride to Ambur arranged by the Kawasaki showroom. They entered the place just as we were about the to leave. There were like a dozen Z s and a ZX14R. Looks deadly in green.

Crosswinds and headwinds were the strongest, I have encountered till now, on the way back. The huge mass that is me and the Roadbuster didn't budge an inch though.

Few Photos by @Chida :
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11665674_10153530144869444_2442201545159131290_n.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11693966_10153530144304444_6030034232215897371_n.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11140388_10153530139819444_3931282766111475713_n.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11698732_10153530135829444_2758535162946795418_n.jpg
Sojogator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:43   #403
BHPian

Thank you for the nice little write-up goandude.

The highlight of this ride was the turnout. Although we have a rotating group of riders riding almost every weekend, this was the biggest turn out ever since the recent reincarnation of this thread.

Adding to that, the culture of disciplined, safe and mature riding in all conditions/terrains is immediately imbibed by even the newest members to this group. Here's to many more.

Just collating and adding a few pictures taken by all of us.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150712201349.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150712223541.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150713000139.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150712223545-1.jpg
Porschefire posing with his priced 'Shoe!'.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150713000139-1.jpg
Steeds with their masters!
Added_flavor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 13:04   #404
BHPian

Priceless picture of goandude appearing as if he's giving biking sermons to noobs. Look at the attentive faces!

On a side note, sammyboy and Snehal Sekhar, do you fellas remember how much relief this place gave us during our Stanley ride? The scorching heat was so tremendous that I was imagining the huge HP/McD board way before we actually reached it. Man, that ride was brutal!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 20:10   #405
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, sammyboy and Snehal Sekhar, do you fellas remember how much relief this place gave us during our Stanley ride? The scorching heat was so tremendous that I was imagining the huge HP/McD board way before we actually reached it. Man, that ride was brutal!
How would I ever forget that ride buddy! Stopping here was only way I could catch up with you people and get some respite for my sore butt.

Anyway, my rides are becoming far and few in between and the way it's going right now I mostly end up riding only once a month. Yercaud beckons on the 25-26th with the gang, and I'm desperate to take the Baron on a long ride after a months gap. Just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else comes in the meanwhile to spoil my plans though.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks