Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 21:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

RTMC is having an announce ride to Nandi hills this Sunday early morning. Early morning meaning 4 in the morning! We'll be starting off from Mekhri circle at 4:00 sharp so that we can catch the sunrise at Nandi hills. Anyone interested and riding an export from the RE factory can join us. Would be great to see you all there.
Old 17th April 2010, 10:41   #32
BHPian

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for posting the announce ride. I will be there - maybe with my wife - don't know if she will wake up that early .

Ganesh Banavar
Old 17th April 2010, 23:22   #33
BHPian

The electricals on my bike got deep fried . Had to park it somewhere and could not get it home! I will obviously miss the ride tomorrow, and secondly I am baffled since it happened suddenly on the road while riding home at night after the RCB Vs. MI game. I could not start my bike at all. Need to figure it out tomorrow.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

No worries, Ganesh....there is always a next time...

Ride was good. We left Mekhri circle early at 4 AM and reached Nandi Hills early in the morning just before sunrise. But I was very surprised to see a whole LOT of young people already there. Most of them obviously sloshed and dancing about. A lot of young girls too. I just hope that they had not stayed up all night drinking, then suddenly decided to ride/drive to Nandi Hills and made it there. Rant ends.
All in all, a good ride, considering that I have not seen the sunrise is ages!
Old 8th January 2015, 11:53   #35
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Wonder why this thread died down. There seems to a lot of biking groups doing Sunday rides nowadays. There should be a thread and documents best rides around each town, winding roads/highways, pitstops/eateries, fuel stations, etc...

A bunch of us are planning a ride this weekend around Bangalore and will try and update here after the ride.
Old 8th January 2015, 12:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Wonder why this thread died down. There seems to a lot of biking groups doing Sunday rides nowadays. There should be a thread and documents best rides around each town, winding roads/highways, pitstops/eateries, fuel stations, etc...

A bunch of us are planning a ride this weekend around Bangalore and will try and update here after the ride.
The thread contents were more like "meets" so all the action shifted to the "Meet Section".

But as you say, the title is "short rides" so it is more motorcycle oriented thread and team bhp is a more 4 wheeler oriented forum so this is what probably killed it.

Would be more than happy to see it revived.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 17:01   #37
BHPian

I happen to go on rides every once a fortnight with my partner (R15) ever since I got my black beast. Have been to plenty of places around Bangalore and gathered a lot of experience and skill with every kilometer.
To my fellow riders, I would suggest you to go for a ride to the following places, ranked on basis of how much they appealed. Putting just 5 names for now.
Trust me, they're a must visit for anyone who wants to yank the cover of his ride on a Sunday dawn, go for a refreshing 200-250 kms ride and return back home a happy and cheerful man.

1. Madhugiri Fort - 130 kms one way.
2. Muthathi Forest - 100 kms one way. (The last 20 kms inside dense jungle is a nightmare. My mileage came down to 5 kmpl)
3. Shivanasamudram Falls - 135 kms one way.
4. Kolar CCD - 90 kms one way. (Reach by Sunday mornings at 9 AM and it feels like an impromptu superbike festival. Best alternative to boring Nandi hills.)
5. DD Hills - 95 kms one way. (Happened to ride with bhpian man_of_steel on this. Very refreshing!)

PM me for further details. Would be glad to help anyone out.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 15:37   #38
BHPian

So this ride happened on Sunday. Since it was a bunch of us who were meeting and some of us only the first time, the ride took a little longer but it was fun.

Initially, we had planned to go for the ride with the following bikes -
R15 - 1
Duke 200 - 1
Duke 390 - 1
R15 Limited Edition - 1
Hayabusa - 1
RC390 - 1
Triumph ST3 - 1
Ninja - 1

On Saturday night, the RC 390 dropped out as he had other commitments. We had decided to meet at Mekhri Circle at 7 AM on Sunday. When I got there on my Ninja, everyone was already there except the Duke 200 but in his place another friend on his RE Thunderbird 350 had decided to join and showed up there. We spent a couple of mins introducing each other and then rode to the airport toll hoping to catch a cup of tea (most of us were freezing in the early morning Bangalore weather) before we headed out to Avalabetta.

We stopped at the signal before the airport toll and had a cup of tea (well, two of them opted for coffee ) and got to know each other a little bit better. We also decided on the route and time options as there were bikes of various speeds in the group. We took a call to ride up to Nandi hills, then down and out to Kamath for breakfast and further on towards Avalabetta and then back to BLR in time for lunch.

Started off and we reached the turnoff towards Nandi....never expected it to be so crowded. The ride up the hill was a bit scary as there were just too many bikes and cars and all of them carrying a fair bit of pace with no so fair bit of control. We stopped at the usual start point of the hill climb and took a couple of photos and then went on to the top of the hill. It was just too crowded there to hang around for long but had to take a couple of snaps at least. We also spotted a Ducati Multistrada and an Aprilla RSV4 there at the top and a lot of other bikes too.

Went down from Nandi hills and headed straight out to Kamat for breakfast. These highways are superb for high speed riding and also without too many intersections/speed-breakers. Also, I think most Sunday morning biking/driving traffic stops at the turnoff to Nandi, so highly suggest you avoid Nandi and go past it.

When we landed at Kamath, there was another bunch of bikes already there for breakfast. Interesting combination again, we saw a couple of Harleys, Triumph roadsters, Ninja 1000, Ducati 848, CanAM Trike and a BMW 320D in the same group

Post lunch, confirmed directions to Avalabetta with a local and took off. Once we leave the highway towards the left at Peresandra , road for abbout 5 kms is just average. Once we turn off from that road towards Avalabetta (well marked with signs in Kannada) it is slightly better. We reached the base of the hill from where the road is pretty much cemented all the way to the top and it was a superb winding road to the top. Reached the top to discover a group of about 30 odd HDs waiting for us to reach so that they could go down

The view from the top here is fantastic and I would suggest that if you can ride here sometime, you should come just for the view and the last stretch up the hill. Spent some time at the top and took off back to Bangalore.

So, that was a first group ride for all of us and a pretty enjoyable one at that. Need to try the other locations listed in the above post when we get time. Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150111_101243_1x.jpg  

killjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 16:11   #39
BHPian

I own a RE Thunderbird but have been off the saddle for quite sometime now (marriage, wife pregnant and then a small kid). Now that the son is over an year and things are kind of coming back to normal, I'm trying to get back to the motor-cycling mode.

Have started off with daily commute to office and would love to join you guys on a Sunday / Saturday early morning ride, hopefully to be back home for a late lunch!
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 17:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see this thread revived! Would be nice to ride with some Team-BHP members. I've really not enjoyed riding with the CBR club the one time I went - missed the mature riding of RTMC.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 18:12   #41
BHPian

Riding is one thing for fun. Equally, viewing the sports/super bikes in action is just a different experience Yesterday (Sunday - 11/1/2014), I was driving the car on the Bangalore-Kolar highway in the morning. At some 30 kms away from KR Puram (around 7:00AM), I was seeing few tiny dot lights approaching on the rear view mirror. Just in no time, a Triumph tiger overtook me in a flash of a second. I decided to park my car on the side of the road and watch the action. It was a complete delight/treat to watch the Hayabusas (I guess more than 5 or 6), the Tiger 800s, the Ninjas, the ZX series, the R1s, the Dukes, the bonivelles, the Dayatonas, etc.. zooming and passing like missiles. To be frank, it sent shivers down my spine and the exhaust sounds were explosive to say the least. In fact the show went for close to 20 minutes and I watched one of the best action sequences.

I think these action packed short rides do happen every sunday (between 6:30 to 7:00AM) on the kolar highway. To view that, cross Hoskote and you are there for a treat !!!

Safe riding and driving !!!
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 18:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Would love to join some BHP'ians on their sunday morning rides. Bought a Classic DS 500 a year back and am contemplating selling it. Was thinking of upgrading to a Z800 but it is unlikely to happen for some time. Maybe we can co-ordinate for the next one?!
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 18:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
I think these action packed short rides do happen every sunday (between 6:30 to 7:00AM) on the kolar highway. To view that, cross Hoskote and you are there for a treat !!!
Yes indeed. Multiple SBK owners groups raid the Kolar highway on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Usually they ride till the Adigas restaurant and CCD just after Kolar. It is a treat to the eyes and ears!
Old 16th January 2015, 10:31   #44
BHPian

Nice to see a motorbike meet dedicated thread on Team Bhp!

Anybody game for a breakfast/day ride this weekend?
Old 16th January 2015, 11:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Anybody game for a breakfast/day ride this weekend?
How about a small breakfast ride on Sunday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks