Old 30th September 2015, 12:15   #451
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Anyone up to ride this friday?
Old 30th September 2015, 13:59   #452
BHPian

There's a ride planned this Saturday (3rd Oct). The options are:

1. Bangalore - Shoolagiri (breakfast) - Krishnagiri - Kuppam - Mulbagal - Hoskote - Bangalore ( around 270 kms total trip).

2. Bangalore - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri - Yelagiri - Krishnagiri - Mulbagal - Hoskote - Bangalore ( around 330 kms).

The rendezvous is at 6 AM at the signal just after the E-City elevated road toll.

The 5 confirmed riders are Goan dude, sammyboy, Chida, Ned Shan and me.

If anyone else wants to join in, do PM either of us.
Old 30th September 2015, 14:55   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post

1. Bangalore - Shoolagiri (breakfast) - Krishnagiri - Kuppam - Mulbagal - Hoskote - Bangalore ( around 270 kms total trip).

2. Bangalore - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri - Yelagiri - Krishnagiri - Mulbagal - Hoskote - Bangalore ( around 330 kms).

The rendezvous is at 6 AM at the signal just after the E-City elevated road toll.

Can't attend it. HR Dept screwed my long weekend!
Old 30th September 2015, 15:00   #454
BHPian

Quote:

I can try, if I get information whether my bike can be picked up and serviced tomorrow and brought back home.
Old 30th September 2015, 15:25   #455
BHPian

Damn I cant do weekends as I have classes...anyways if anyone else is on for a friday ride even if its a short one let me know and we can sync up
Old 30th September 2015, 19:21   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik1906 View Post
Damn I cant do weekends as I have classes...anyways if anyone else is on for a friday ride even if its a short one let me know and we can sync up
Mate, we usually avoid long weekend fridays. Thats when half of bangalore is leaving town, and its just no fun riding in all that traffic.
Old 30th September 2015, 19:26   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sounds good. I might join. Have always wanted to ride with Team-BHP guys. First option sounds good but second is even better!!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 22:39   #458
BHPian

Point noted..however my version of things is that a holiday with buttloads of people on the highways is just an exscuse to find a good old fashioned 2 laner which people dont find safe enough to drive or ride on anymore..so my plan is an old fav of mine hoskote-malur-bangarapet-venkatgirikota-ambur..a bit of old road,a bit of a wildlife sanctuary and a little ambur biryani to top it off(and im talking ambur biryani that the ambur folks eat,no star biryani BS). So if anyones up to joining me on friday lemme know. It wont be too early as im aiming for biryani time
bik1906 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 08:24   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Point noted..however my version of things is that a holiday with buttloads of people on the highways is just an exscuse to find a good old fashioned 2 laner which people dont find safe enough to drive or ride on anymore..so my plan is an old fav of mine hoskote-malur-bangarapet-venkatgirikota-ambur..a bit of old road,a bit of a wildlife sanctuary and a little ambur biryani to top it off(and im talking ambur biryani that the ambur folks eat,no star biryani BS). So if anyones up to joining me on friday lemme know. It wont be too early as im aiming for biryani time
OT - Can you provide a google map location of this Ambur biryani place?
Old 1st October 2015, 10:31   #460
BHPian

Sitting at the service center to finish my second service. Gonna join the Saturday ride.
Old 1st October 2015, 12:12   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Can't attend it. HR Dept screwed my long weekend!
Happens man! Working on a weekend is a pain in the wrong place especially when there are better things being planned among friends. Anyway, there is always a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Sounds good. I might join. Have always wanted to ride with Team-BHP guys. First option sounds good but second is even better!!
Great Naveen! Hoping to see you on this weekend ride. Anyway, do confirm by Friday. BTW, route 1 is what most of the guys have opted for since they have to be back by noon.

Quote:
So if anyones up to joining me on friday lemme know. It wont be too early as im aiming for biryani time
Sounds like an interesting ride man, what with the Ambur biryani as the highlight. Do let us know which place this is. I definitely would like to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Sitting at the service center to finish my second service. Gonna join the Saturday ride.
Good news man. So it looks like most of the gang is in on this weekend's ride.
Old 1st October 2015, 13:06   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
OT - Can you provide a google map location of this Ambur biryani place?
Do a search for RAHAMANIYA HOTEL on google maps in Ambur. Its owned by the star biryani family however this is the place that the original cook sits in. So while all of us poor tourists would lick our fingers at the commercial bs being thrown at us on the main highway, this place is the real deal. Even my wife, who is not at all a biryani fan, loves this and its pretty much because of her that Im doing this ride. By the way its off limits for cars as its on a narrow road by the court and generally very crowded on weekdays with local folks. So I really wouldnt advise going there with the family (or maybe leave the family on the main road and go sneak off and get yourself some!!)
The only place which I rate on par with this is the Vaniyambadi biryani however I am yet to get a name of the place as we were served this while up in yercaud by a resort owner who sent his boy down to get it for us. He refused to tell me where he got it in Vaniyambadi even though I begged him.
bik1906 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 14:40   #463
Senior - BHPian

A good ride today - though we lost Snehal somewhere along the way Good to know you were back to Hosur by the time we reached KR Puram. We did manage some off-roading as well! Will await a better ride report from my fellow riders.

Very nice meeting you guys! Sorry, I am just so bad with names so would appreciate someone posting up with the names against team-bhp handles.

Looking forward to the next ride.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:13   #464
BHPian

This is my version on today's Group - Solo ride.
There were 12 riders in total on today's ride and they were:

sammyboy - N250
chida -R15
sojogator Z800
naveenroy -CBR250
Ned_Shan -N650
Iron Hawk -N650
AnkurS -S Triple
Abhishek - N300
Ikon 06 - D390
Snehal - Street750
Shane - CBR 250
theexperthand -D200

The gang all arrived on time at the meeting point and since I got delayed, we were able to leave only at 6:30 - 6:45 AM. Breakfast was at Shoolagiri. Some of us went over to McD while the others decided to feast on a proper South Indian B'fast.

From there we rode on to Krishnagiri. From K'giri we all took the Chennai road and a few kilometers into that stretch, we turned left towards the Kuppam - Kolar Road.

The Kuppam - Kolar road has a lot of bad stretches at the start but turns out pretty decent after 10 - 15 kms. As soon as the roads turned good, the gang decided to do the vanishing act and all of them took off.

Since this was a state highway and a single lane road at that, me and the Baron were ambling along on these roads, so much so that I managed to fall way back behind all of them and eventually lost sight of the entire gang.

I rode on and on hoping that the bunch would be waiting up ahead for me somewhere, but there was no such luck. Anyway, I took the Kuppam - Bangarpet - Kolar route and once I reached Kolar, I turned left to Malur. From there I rode on the Malur - Bagalur - Hosur road stretch and reached Electronic city and home be 12:15.

The entire stretch after the deviation from K'giri and until Bagalur has a lot of bad stretches and unmarked speed breakers.

Anyway, it looked like I was on the right road and the gang took the wrong turn somewhere and had to ride through mud roads and busy streets to reach Kolar. They were waiting for me at Kolar, but that must have been after I passed by that place.

So for me this was a solo ride for most of the part, but I got to explore new roads and meet new Bhpians.

A few pics taken by the gang:
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151003wa0001.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151003wa0002.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151003wa0003.jpg

Name:  4.png
Views: 1116
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  5.png
Views: 1162
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  6.png
Views: 1118
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  7.png
Views: 1112
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  8.png
Views: 1202
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  9.png
Views: 1161
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  10.png
Views: 1129
Size:  67.4 KB
Name:  11.png
Views: 1147
Size:  75.7 KB
Name:  12.png
Views: 1117
Size:  85.0 KB
Name:  13.png
Views: 1153
Size:  71.2 KB
Name:  14.png
Views: 1299
Size:  68.3 KB
Name:  15.png
Views: 1173
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  17.png
Views: 1176
Size:  66.4 KB
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 22:31   #465
BHPian

Thanks for helping tag the handles.. Btw am Ikoner_03 :-) was always worried i will get stranded as i was running in my D390.. Big thanks to the wolfpack for keeping me within..let me share my set of picks..
Ikoner_03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks