Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
1. Meet : Nice road and Mysore road junction
2. Breakfast at Channapatna
3. Karighata
4. Bellur Cross
5. Back
Thanks for the information on Karighatta, wasn't aware of this place till I heard from @theexperthand (Anoop).

On the way back from Karighatta, you could have also visited Pandavapura, maybe next time
Old 15th October 2015, 22:08   #482
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures Amit and IronH4wk. Brilliant stuff. These rides ( and the riders ) really give something to look forward to every weekend.
Old 17th October 2015, 22:06   #483
BHPian

The Baron and I went on a long Saturday morning solo ride today. The original plan was to first visit Devarayanadurga and the Madhugiri and return via the Sidlaghata-Hoskote-Bangalore route. At the last minute I decided to include Vani Vilas Sagar as well on my ride itinerary. Contacted Barcalad to enquire about the road conditions and how to get to the same spot he went the last time. He gave me the details and armed with that, I departed after work at 3 in the morn.

After a quick cuppa and a bite at the CCD outlet near Dobaspet I continued on till Hiriyur. As soon as I crossed Hiriyur, I turned left towards the road that leads to Hosadurga. It’s good that I decided to include this place. It was calm, serene, beautiful and remote. There was nobody else there but for me and as I was about to leave the place after having my fill of fresh air and peace for the day, I met up with the caretaker of the guest house situated near the dam. He offered to take me all the way down near the water via a path that was half way laid with steps and the remaining half required me to climb down boulders. I declined, mainly because I couldn’t leave my Baron unattended and also the thought of climbing back up.

From there I returned back to Sira and turned left into the town for my second destination, Madhugiri. Madhugiri has a fort built by an ancient king and none over there knew who that was. You could Google that info if required. Anyway, this place requires you to park your transport at the base of the hillock and climb up steps to reach all the way up to the summit. I wouldn’t dare doing that, especially on a solo ride. Carrying my helmet and tank bag is hard enough and then climbing up all the way up to the top with this added weight didn’t seem like a bright idea. So Madhugiri done with, I headed out to the third place on my list, Devarayanadurga. The ride to Devarayanadurga was tough what with a lot of road work going on and several deviations that I had to take. Was glad to get it done with at the earliest since the heat was draining my energy and I was desperate to reach home for some sleep.

I took the Dobaspet route from Devaraynadurga and entered NICE Road to reach home at E-City by 1:00 in the afternoon and travelled a total of 469 kms.

The Road condition:
The roads from E-city until Hiriyur are a breeze and are the kind of roads my Baron feels at home on.

From Hiriyur until just before Vani Vilas, the roads are village roads and have speed breakers at every village junction. A few bad patches here and there, but not that bad on the whole. Once you reach the dam, there is road work going on so you would have to ride over stones and mud to reach the spot where the guest house is situated.

The road from Sira till Madhugiri starts of bad since there is road work going on, but once you pass through the town, the road is beautiful and well tarmacked.

The worst part of this ride was the ride from Madhugiri to Devarayanadurga and Dobaspet. The entire road is being done up and due to that there are several deviations and a lot of bad patches that you will have to pass on.

Anyway, the Baron had a small mishap at Devarayandurga. I was sitting on the Baron and guiding him out of the parking place. I didn’t notice this ditch on the road and my right leg went into this ditch, I lost balance and the Baron slowly fell on to his right side. The tourists there helped raise my Baron back, but there were a few scars on the front brake lever and throttle. The rear brake peddle got it self pushed against the silencer and refused to budge from there. Good thing that the brakes didn’t get jammed. If it did, I would have had a harrowing time in reaching back home today. Since I now couldn’t use the rear brakes, my ride from Devarayanadurga to E-city was slow and the Baron retires hurt until I get this fixed next month.

For the first time on my ride, I had managed to capture decent snaps, but seem to have issues uploading them here. The file size of each picture seems to be above 4-5 MB and not sure why. Will upload the pictures once I getthis fixed.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 14:11   #484
BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts. I was able to resolve the picture issue and here goes.

Nice Road Toll at E-city.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004661.jpg

Morning cuppa at CCD near Dobaspet.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004662.jpg

Sunrise just after Hiriyur.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004664.jpg

On the way to Vani Vilas Sagar.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004665.jpg

Vani Vilas Sagar Dam.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004666.jpgBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004667.jpgBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004668.jpgBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004669.jpgBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-0300466b-1.jpg

Way to Madhugiri.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-0300466c.jpg

Madhugiri Fort.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-0300466f-1.jpg

Devarayanadurga.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-03004671.jpg
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:51   #485
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics!! Hehe, since we lost you the last time around, decided to ride alone eh

Any plans for a ride this Saturday guys?
Old 26th October 2015, 13:29   #486
Distinguished - BHPian

Our late plan for a quick breakfast ride changed into a check in at the official headquarters of our weekend riding group. Here are a few pictures from yesterdays ride.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259335-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259345-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259356-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259359-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259369-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259331-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pa259332-large.jpg

neil.jericho is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 12:45   #487
BHPian

A couple of biking clubs and riders are taking out a ride to Kolar Adiga's on Sunday. Start point is the first toll after KR Puram bridge. Intention is to show support to MotoGP and Valentino Rossi for the championship. All Rossi fans and also non-fans are welcome to come. We can have a healthy debate with a healthy breakfasst and then get back. There will also be press coverage by an online forum and we are hoping the official Valentino Rossi Fan Club. Please be on time so that the ride can be smooth. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2015, 15:31   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
A couple of biking clubs and riders are taking out a ride to Kolar Adiga's on Sunday. Start point is the first toll after KR Puram bridge. Intention is to show support to MotoGP and Valentino Rossi for the championship. All Rossi fans and also non-fans are welcome to come. We can have a healthy debate with a healthy breakfasst and then get back. There will also be press coverage by an online forum and we are hoping the official Valentino Rossi Fan Club. Please be on time so that the ride can be smooth. Thanks.
Here is the report on the ride that we had this weekend.

http://www.drivespark.com/off-beat/b...si-012312.html
Old 15th November 2015, 21:47   #489
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

We usually ride on Sundays, but due to unavailability of members, we decided to ride on Saturday. Yep, yesterday. We did the Anechetty route (again); went through Kanakapura and returned through Hosur.

The reason for doing the Anechetty loop was because of the beautiful curves and twisties; and of course beautiful and scenic route. Here's a glimpse of one of the curves.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th November 2015 at 21:58.
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:38   #490
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful weather, amazing roads, yummy breakfast and awesome company - this is how in short I can describe the last saturday's ride to Anchetty.

We started from Nice road - kanakpura junction by 6.30.

The gupshup before starting the ride:
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151114_063447564.jpg

The first pitstop was at a hotel at Kanakpura - not a fancy place, but neat and clean, with enough space to park your bikes. Special thanks to Leslie for unearthing this gem of a hotel. The items on the menu were Iddli Vadas and Dosas and it will be an understatement to say that it was one of the best I have had in recent times.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151114wa0017.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20151114wa0018.jpg

Pics Courtesy: H4WK\Shane

After filling up our tanks, we started towards the Anchetty ghats - the roads were good and traffic almost non existent. Leslie was leading the group and we stopped at once of the scenic curves to shoot the breeze and shoot some pics.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8751.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8753.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8756.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8759.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8771.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8767.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8766.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8775.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8777.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8779.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8765.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_8764.jpg

The weather was perfect - overcast sky but no rains. The second pitstop was after entering Anchetty - H4WK did the honors of shooting some slow-mo videos and then the lead baton was passed over to Sudeep. It was fun attacking the curves and suffice to say that by the end of the ride, there was no 'chicken' left on the chicken strips of Sudeep's and my Dukes. It was fun attacking the corners and grabbing some airtime, and I could see in my RVMs that Shane was having an equal amount of fun. I have to reiterate that changing the tyres to michelin did wonders to the handling of my bike (for those who are interested, will put up a review in my ownership thread).

We were back to bangalore by 11.30 AM and boy, was it really a morning well spent

The Happy Group:

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151114_092153838.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20151114_092230910.jpg

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 15th November 2015 at 22:42.
theexperthand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 23:33   #491
Senior - BHPian

Awesome write up and pictures! Summed up the ride

Couple of more pictures of the ride:

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610119.618803.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610141.136676.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610158.355475.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610183.839480.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610211.424730.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610235.843904.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610283.230489.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610316.365902.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610338.466773.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610359.465929.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610384.202031.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610405.971572.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610427.037989.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610493.794536.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610526.198462.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447610594.569304.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 05:42   #492
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Anoop for the superb photography, in fact the Nikon + Tamron tell most of the story the way it happened. To go back a bit, on 7/11 Ankur, Abhishek and self did the loop and were smitten by the sheer beauty of the countryside, the curves and the roads. The few villages in between were not much of an issue and surprisingly there were no speed breakers. So we spread the word about this ride, which incidentally Suhas, Added_flavour, was constantly talking about, and we started with 9 bikes. Sojo had to be back so he came with us only till breakfast. The icing on the cake was the weather, cool and overcast.
Only one dampener :- Numerous dogs randomly running across the road almost all along the route.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 10:47   #493
BHPian

Damn! Surely the last minute pull out cost me yet another beautiful ride! Anoop and Anil you guys better carry your cameras on EVERY ride here onwards! Stunning pictures there!

And of course the same applies to Neil, Modiji and Chida who are all fabulously skilled with their cameras!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:50   #494
BHPian

The highlight of the ride was the 'chill' in the early morning wind that had me repenting the decision to not put the liner in. Though this was short lived and the weather turned out to be perfect at day break.

As highlighted before, the idlis were the best ones I have had. The food place, at Kanakapura, was just around a 100 meters before the left one has to take towards Anchetty.

I had to be back early and bid the group to their Anchetty escapade just at the junction where left would take you to Anchetty and straight would take you to Mekedatu. Since it was too early and there was enough gas in the tank, I decided to do a quick to and fro, around 30kms each way, to Mekedatu from there.

The road to Mekedatu has deteriorated a bit but nothing alarming. The scenery around is still as beautiful. Though one does miss the April blossoms flanking the road. The ride through the forest was breathtaking. Gloomy and dark, with squirrels, plethora of birds and a peacock crossing the road as fog had put a blanket on the forest, reducing visibility to quite an extent. Then the climb up and down the little hill and I was at the gate. Took in the fresh air for a few minutes and went right back.

After tackling some pathetic and blood-thirsty kanakapura traffic, I was back home by 1015. Lovely little ride with lovely people and brilliant food.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11988428_10153793905339529_6420311588655330011_n.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11694150_10153793905274529_6962426564515071207_n.jpg
Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 18:06   #495
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Beautiful weather, amazing roads, yummy breakfast and awesome company - this is how in short I can describe the last saturday's ride to Anchetty.
The first pitstop was at a hotel at Kanakpura - not a fancy place, but neat and clean, with enough space to park your bikes. Special thanks to Leslie for unearthing this gem of a hotel. The items on the menu were Iddli Vadas and Dosas and it will be an understatement to say that it was one of the best I have had in recent times.
Anoop, excellent report! Seems like you guys had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
As highlighted before, the idlis were the best ones I have had. The food place, at Kanakapura, was just around a 100 meters before the left one has to take towards Anchetty.
Can one you share the name of the food place where you stopped ?

From the location you've described, it seems to be quite close to Vasu Hotel which is quite popular in Kanakapura.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed