Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2016, 21:02   #526
BHPian

We are riding to yelagiri tomorrow morning. The meeting point is signal after Electronics city flyover. Time: 5am. If anyone is interested to join PM me or snehal sekhar.
Old 24th January 2016, 12:26   #527
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Any plans for riding on the republic day? any one?
Old 24th January 2016, 15:36   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Any plans for riding on the republic day? any one?
Would love to join if any ride is planned to the "north" on NH7 etc.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 24th January 2016, 20:09   #529
BHPian

Pictures from today's ride to Yelagiri with Mashblue and hothatchaway. Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00402.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00407.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00409.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00410.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00411.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00412.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00413.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00415.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00416.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00417.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00418.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00419.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00421.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00422.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00423.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00424.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00425.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00426.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00427.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00432.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00414.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00433.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc00434.jpg
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 14:08   #530
BHPian

Adding a few pics from my side.
We met Xbhpian mustang at McD shoolagiri, He suggested some beautiful places to ride near salem, His Pirelli shod TNT300.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7729.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7730.jpg

Roads climbing to the peak of Yelagiri hills was awesome.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7736.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7747.jpg

Our ride started at 5.15am from Electronic city and we were back home by 1pm. Overall had a nice day and great company Hothatchaway and snehal sekhar

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7762.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7765.jpg
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7733.jpg
Mashblue is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 12:52   #531
BHPian

All in all, an awesome ride, my first with bhpians, Snehal and Vijay were great to ride with.

Especially when the dog scare happened, was lucky to have Vijay riding behind me and share the hair raising incident. These are the occasions when you realize the value of sharing tarmac space with experienced riders. And Snehal brought a zen like demeanor leading the way on his monster Harley.

Until next time
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 20:45   #532
Senior - BHPian

Did a solo run to Lepakshi yesterday.

The NH4 was absolutely beautiful almost 99% of the way. Since it was a solo run, was to complete the run from the Shell fuel station near Jakkur to Lepakshi and back exactly in 2 hours running time.

The Highway was looking beautiful at parts, and I think justifies the pics (somewhere after Bagepalli) below

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_4372a.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_4373a.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 23:17   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Its hard to believe that this past weekend marked one year since a few of us started riding together thanks to this, then dormant thread. What a difference a year makes! From that small ride with 6 bikers (extra extra, read all about it http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3626101 ), our group has grown to a merry band of forever bakaring bikers that ride on most weekends. Ive been guilty of sleeping through a couple of Sunday morning rides myself, but I have thoroughly enjoyed every single ride that I have been a part of. One thing that has been a constant throughout is the fun that we have had as a group both on our weekend rides and through the week, courtesy whatsapp.

So to celebrate one year of great rides and wonderful memories, one would think that we chose the best of what Bangalore had to offer to make it a truly memorable anniversary ride. Honestly, it was quite unforgettable since we chose to ride to Shoolagiri ..... with apparently half of Bangalore's chaotic traffic accompanying us thanks to the extended weekend! Anyways here are some pictures from our short ride on Saturday. As our group continues to grow, hopefully the next anniversary ride will see a bigger turnout . And a better location!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-ride.png

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-p1232491-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-p1232492-large.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-p1232493-large.jpg
neil.jericho is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:29   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Its hard to believe that this past weekend marked one year since a few of us started riding together thanks to this, then dormant thread. What a difference a year makes!
Though I have only ridden once with barcalad and met goan dude a couple of times here and there, I take pride and some credit for reviving this thread,
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:36   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's another picture taken at the meeting point for our ride. See if you can spot the odd man out in this picture. Our overcrowded destination meant that we didnt take too many pictures on this ride.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-p1232467-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Though I have only ridden once with barcalad and met goan dude a couple of times here and there, I take pride and some credit for reviving this thread,
Far be it from me to deny credit where credit is due!
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 15:01   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

A few of us are planning a short ride to Mekedatu tomorrow morning. The meeting point is the junction of NICE and Kanakpura road. We will leave from there at 6:30 AM.
Old 13th February 2016, 15:37   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A few of us are planning a short ride to Mekedatu tomorrow morning. The meeting point is the junction of NICE and Kanakpura road. We will leave from there at 6:30 AM.
Good luck for the ride, mate.

Provided sammyboy comes, allow him to take the lead during the last 10-15 km approach towards Mekedatu and which him mesmerise you with the way he belts corners. That's some serious eye-gasm!
Old 15th February 2016, 09:54   #538
BHPian

Shubz, VKJ and I went to for 'quick' drive to Yercaud and back this Sunday. We met up near the Jaguar showroom and started around 7'ish, I had not checked for this location and had gone its old location, after a quick turn around I made it to the correct spot.

Shubz on his new Multistrada, VKJ on his yellow Ducati Scrambler and I on my Tiger 800 XCx made up the bunch. We quickly settled on how to keep a visual tab on one another and started off with Shubz leading, I in the middle and VKJ bringing up the tail, this formation lasted almost throughout the ride, with some variations in between.

We quickly settled onto a steady pace with Shoolagiri being the pit stop for us and the bikes. We passed an enormous collection of Bullet riders after a toll booth and another Tiger on the way. On some parts the rising Sun was straight ahead of us and in one section there was thickish fog, but it was clear for some height above the road.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud01.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud02.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud03.jpg

There were many other rides at the place, I can recall two Tigers, one ZX14, a Hayabusa and two smaller Hondas.

After finishing breakfast and getting to know each a little better, we started off towards Salem, Shubz was slowly stretching Multi's legs, I was following suit behind him and VKJ was battling wind blast, did not do too much speeds and we stopped for a tea break just after descending Thoppur ghats. The few curves available here were marred by slow moving trucks driving side by side. In no time we reached Salem and headed towards Yercaud. We were certainly catching everybody's eye in town.

Paid up 10/- per bike as entry fees and started the ascent, we had a blast going up the 20 hairpin bends and the lip smacking curves. We stopped just before the lake, had tea and a small photo session. Lot of onlookers of the parked bikes and we were keeping an eye that nobody tries to touch or fiddle with the bikes. Then it was the turn of the cops to turn up and we had a pretty interesting conversation with him.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud04.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud05.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud06.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-yercaud07.jpg

Starting the return trip, we had take a U-turn and the Tiger had a fall, taking the turn, a bike was coming from behind me, I had the handle turned to the right when I applied the front brake and the momentum caused it to tip over. I was also wearing brand new riding shoes and could not get a grip on the ground. Anyways except for scratches on the plastic part of the Barkbusters, no harm done. The ride down the ghats was no less thrilling, but we were getting separated often as overtaking larger vehicles was to be done by turn. We topped fuel in Salem and just before the first toll booth we stopped for some tender coconuts. The drive through the town was hot and I was sweating inside the helmet, and on top of it all the traffic lights were red.

After this stop was when the quick ride started, I mean it was a really quick ride. Shubz was riding it really fast even with rpm restrictions. Imagine where he will be without the restrictions. I had met a gentleman in the Dainese store who also owns a Multi, he mentioned some insane 3 digit number as the top speed he had touched in Tamil Nadu. I was the middle guy and VKJ was having trouble playing catch owing to the wind blast. I too was racing ahead to catch a glimpse of Shubz ahead and would slow down till I saw VKJ's headlights in the mirrors, I don't think VKJ enjoyed the ride back too much. We stopped at Adyar Anand Bhavan for a lunch, and still keeping an eye out for the bikes. Everyone entering or leaving the joint would linger around the bikes, we had no issues till one guy got a baby to sit on the Multi for photos, politely asked him to stop.

After lunch break, traffic was a bit dense and we could ride well within sight of one another. Just before EC Shubz had a fit when a couple decided to run across the road, it was mighty stupid of them when even in spite of seeing approaching vehicles they decide to run across the road. We broke off just before the elevated road toll booth and I took the NICE road back home.

It was a sweet ride, the straights which I though would be boring was made interesting owing to Shubz in the front and VKJ in the rear. The Multi is a mighty machine with immense power to munch the miles, the Tiger can keep pace but only till a certain level and the Scrambler suffers from wind blast above 3 digit speeds. The curves was the leveler, fun to be had by all.

Regards,
Veera
veerameti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 17:58   #539
Senior - BHPian

As usual. Super write up!

I was varying the speeds gradually. Was hovering around 5-6k RPM mark all through.

Sorry Veera / VKJ - If I left you guys behind on some stretches.

As you rightly meant -- this is a beast and can unleash its power with a gentle twist of the wrist!

Veera is a great rider! VKJ too - but no fault of his that his bike was bobbing in the heavy cross winds! He needs a windshield!

That dad who ran across the highway - is a real crazy man. Not only he was trying to commit suicide, was dragging his 8-10 year old daughter as well. I missed them both by a whisker! Phew!

Some of my contributions here.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7124.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7128.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7129.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7130.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_7135.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:04   #540
VKJ
BHPian

Fantastic ride report and beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing Veera/Shubz!
VKJ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed