Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2015, 18:42   #91
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Damn! Missed this thread again, would have loved to join Sammy, maybe next time. P.S Do you still have your Ninja?
Hi Sharath, you willing to shepherd me on a ride tmrw morning? Would love to pick your brains on the striple, if you are free..

PS - sorry if I seem to be bombarding the thread, loving the new experience of riding all over again and keen to get the bike out for the 1st service this week
Old 25th January 2015, 21:30   #92
BHPian

Hey Ankur, sure I don't mind at all. In fact, I'm planning a ride tomorrow with couple of friends, you're welcome to join us
Old 25th January 2015, 23:09   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Hey Ankur, sure I don't mind at all. In fact, I'm planning a ride tomorrow with couple of friends, you're welcome to join us
Sounds good Bud. PM'ed you as well.
Old 26th January 2015, 12:37   #94
BHPian

Couldn't sync up with hifisharu, but went on a solo ride to Galibore today morning. Wonderful road (though two laned) and very pleasing to the eye scenery early in the morning.
Neil.Jericho, the pics here won't do justice to the thread, now that you've taken it to a different level, but attaching a couple from today morning. Maybe you'll be kind enough to take some pics of my Streetie if we ride together.
Hope to have many more of these serene moments.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-streetie_26jan15_1.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-streetie_26jan15_2.jpg  

AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 13:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
Couldn't sync up with hifisharu, but went on a solo ride to Galibore today morning. Wonderful road (though two laned) and very pleasing to the eye scenery early in the morning.
Neil.Jericho, the pics here won't do justice to the thread, now that you've taken it to a different level, but attaching a couple from today morning. Maybe you'll be kind enough to take some pics of my Streetie if we ride together.
Hope to have many more of these serene moments.
Actually, I'm the photographer and editor of those pics. (most of 'em)

What was your fuel efficiency for the final 10 kms right after the sanctuary checkpost? I happened to do Muthathi around 4 months back, and I got a mileage of 7 kmpl.
Regardless, the road is serene and quiet. No phone network to disturb you. Just you and the greenery. Did you happen to see any elephants?

Last edited by barcalad : 26th January 2015 at 13:10.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 13:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Actually, I'm the photographer and editor of those pics. (most of 'em)

What was your fuel efficiency for the final 10 kms right after the sanctuary checkpost? I happened to do Muthathi around 4 months back, and I got a mileage of 7 kmpl.
Regardless, the road is serene and quiet. No phone network to disturb you. Just you and the greenery. Did you happen to see any elephants?
Let me know next time you're looking for some quiet company Barcalad! Viva Barca!

The road is quite good all the way until the check post and then deteriorates rapidly into a mud track, like you describe. Don't know the FE for the stretch, but overall FE was 20.7 over 240 odd KMs. This figure would've been higher but for the said bit of road.

No olliphants today morning, none that I saw anyway.. But loads and loads of peace and quiet
Old 26th January 2015, 13:59   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know next time you're looking for some quiet company Barcalad! Viva Barca!

The road is quite good all the way until the check post and then deteriorates rapidly into a mud track, like you describe. Don't know the FE for the stretch, but overall FE was 20.7 over 240 odd KMs. This figure would've been higher but for the said bit of road.

No olliphants today morning, none that I saw anyway.. But loads and loads of peace and quiet
But, of course! Do PM me thy details. I'll update you via this thread as well. Visca El Barca!

What time did you start? Me and my friend had started at around 4:30 and the road until Kanakpura was mighty eerie, to say the least. Mist all around and not a single soul in sight, not to forget the giant trees that line along with the road at most parts. Reminiscent of a horror movie, I'd say.

It's one of those untouched places around Bangalore, one of the ones that the 'Nandi Hills is amazing' crowd won't ever go to. Heh!

Last edited by barcalad : 26th January 2015 at 14:02.
Old 26th January 2015, 18:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

Just chanced up on this thread today.

Shall look up on this from time to time. Hope to catch up with you next time I am in Bangalore.

My last ride was a fast solo up to Nandi Hills and back on the 18th Jan on the Bonnie.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 1st February 2015, 18:29   #99
BHPian

5 of us went today to Madhugiri fort. This time it was a Duke 200, Duke 390, RE TB500, R15 and my Ninja. On the way, we took a turn at Dobbespet thinking that we would go via the route suggested by Google Maps. Unfortunately, this road while nice and winding is under repair/restoration at many places and you will encounter sudden breaks in the tarmac.

When returning, we decided to take the road all the way back to Tumkur to avoid the repair work but this stretch is also under repair.

This trip is best avoided until the roads are repaired completely but once it is, this will be a superb ride with fantastic flowing and winding roads. All in all, it was still a nice ride with nice company and sharing a photo here.

PS: Do be prepared to spend a couple of hours at Madhugiri fort if you want to go to the top as it needs to be climbed by foot...
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-pic.jpg  

Old 1st February 2015, 21:00   #100
BHPian

Krishnagiri 'Damn'!

The last two weekends with the Streetie were a hoot and this weekend was sweet as sugarcane! Saturday morning was a pre-ride test ride with a solo run to Kolar and early morning start ensured I caught sight of the breaking rays of light. There was dense fog and I was chilled to the bone in the pre-morning breeze, which just the ride all the more thrilling. The bike was smooth after the first service and I ended the ride with a promise of good things to come Sunday.

Today morning, met up with 3 fellow riders, for a ride to the Krishnagiri dam. I could go on about how picture perfect this location is, but I'll let the pics talk for themselves. Cheers to Barcalad for the pics and the ride

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-standing-together.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_0832.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-through-handlebars.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-triumph-glory.png

On a side note, Barcalad let me ride his 390 for a bit on the way back. I think I would've been a proud rider of a Duke 390 if I had gone to the KTM showroom on any other day but the Sunday that fancy struck me. What a beast this machine is! It's significantly more nimble (owing to its light weight) than the Streetie, the Metz give it loads and loads of gripping power, gave me good road feedback and has a much more upright stance than I've been used to in the last 15 days or so.

But the one memory I can't shake off since today morning is thanks to my KB125 and the Pulsar I used to ride almost a decade ago. On both these bikes, when I opened the throttle past 6,000 rpm or so, there was an instant deep sounding grunt that would unfailingly alert all my senses and bring my hair to stand. The 390 did that to me today. This bike has such a sweet, no scratch that, such a mean sounding engine! All the early biking memories came back today thanks to the Duke. Purposeful looks, purposeful note and rides beautifully. I am a riding nobody, but I can't recommend the 390 enough.

Thanks once again Barcalad - you made my day buddy!
AnkurS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 21:18   #101
BHPian

I agree completely on the 390 and would love to have it as a daily bike...
Old 1st February 2015, 21:20   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Krishnagiri 'Damn'!

On a side note, Barcalad let me ride his 390 for a bit on the way back. I think I would've been a proud rider of a Duke 390 if I had gone to the KTM showroom on any other day but the Sunday that fancy struck me. What a beast this machine is! It's significantly more nimble (owing to its light weight) than the Streetie, the Metz give it loads and loads of gripping power, gave me good road feedback and has a much more upright stance than I've been used to in the last 15 days or so.

But the one memory I can't shake off since today morning is thanks to my KB125 and the Pulsar I used to ride almost a decade ago. On both these bikes, when I opened the throttle past 6,000 rpm or so, there was an instant deep sounding grunt that would unfailingly alert all my senses and bring my hair to stand. The 390 did that to me today. This bike has such a sweet, no scratch that, such a mean sounding engine! All the early biking memories came back today thanks to the Duke. Purposeful looks, purposeful note and rides beautifully. I am a riding nobody, but I can't recommend the 390 enough.

Thanks once again Barcalad - you made my day buddy!
Every teaser about this ride that I had thrown at, whether it be Ankur or my other two riding mates, came true. The early morning sunrise on the expressway, the chilly winds and the picturesque location of the reservoir - all lived up to their billings. Untouched. Unseen. This place is RAW.

Ankur turned out to be an amazing ride mate, always in my RVM and never losing track of the other 2 bikes as well. Handled the Triumph really well, even in emergency braking situations. Was always very calm and composed on the saddle.

As he mentioned, we swapped bikes for the final 50 kilometers into Bangalore. Now, first thing first, the Street Triple is a fantastic motorcycle. The Diablo tires gave me the comfort and feeling of safety that the Metz do. It rides calm and stable at cruising speeds, twist the throttle a tad and hit high rpms, out comes the true character of the bike. The exhaust note and the steadiness of the bike at high rpms, totally amazed me. It doesn't sound like a superbike with fancy exhausts. It has it's own charm, it's own ear pleasing note that just pleads you to twist the throttle more and more. Be it corners at high speeds or some gravel, the Diablo never made me feel insecure. The braking was perfect. One finger being enough to do the job.

I'm really impressed by the Triumph and I'm in no doubt that it's in very capable and proud hands, and will give my man Ankur a lot happy miles.

Last edited by barcalad : 1st February 2015 at 21:21.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 23:11   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Missed out on last weekend's ride, the lineup looks lovely. Anybody planning on riding this Sunday?
Old 6th February 2015, 01:13   #104
BHPian

Hello everyone. Any of you guys planning to come down to Goa for India Bike Week?

Do let me know. Would be great to catch up at the event
Old 6th February 2015, 15:17   #105
BHPian

Any rides this Sunday? Trying to get back to my TBTS & riding, after a gap of 2yrs. Would love to do a quick early morning ride on Sunday / Saturday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks