Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 17:44   #331
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Are we doing this ?
Yes Sir! This is what we are doing. We don't have to go all the way until Halaguru and instead we turn left at Sathanur. Just a word or warning though. The roads from Sathanur to Muthathi have seen better days. I still believe the road has not been tarred recently and we may have to ride through some bad stretches. The appx distance from Sathanur to Muthathi is 16 kms.
Old 29th May 2015, 17:57   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
The roads from Sathanur to Muthathi have seen better days. I still believe the road has not been tarred recently and we may have to ride through some bad stretches.
Here's Biggie coming to the rescue again!

The road from the jungle check post until Muthathi does NOT exist. There are potholes, rocks, more potholes and more rocks. My mileage reduced to around 6 kmpl on the 15 kms up and 15 kms down. So, you can understand the effect it had on my finances.

It's worth it. Your bones will make weird noises and your grunting will pierce the air, but the destination is beautiful.

1. There's a temple right you'll pass while navigating the mental stretch which is full of retarded monkeys devoted to funny business. Don't stop at any cost.

2. The Cauvery flows in full flow and in great depth here. Don't even think about venturing into the water.

Enjoy!
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 18:25   #333
BHPian

Now, Big man's tarmac descriptions, which reminds me of "TinTin - Explorers Of The Moon", is sending chills down my spine and my Z's dual compounds right now ! Plus the rains would mean further demons. I hope Snehal is carrying his puncture kit along !

How about this one ? The ride along the kaveri seems interesting to me.
The road takes right back opposite to Vasu's where binging on masala Dosa is still present in the to-do list ! We can do Vasu's either way anyways.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/5t...m0!1m0!1m0!3e0
Old 29th May 2015, 18:53   #334
BHPian

The route you're referring to is the Mekadattu road. We turn right after Kanakapura and take the road leading to Mekadattu (decent roads and twisties for the enthusiasits) from Mekadattu we take the road leadiing to Muthathi and come back via Sathanur. I am not sure of the road conditions from Mekadattu to Muthathi though. I am game for this. Now hope someone has a GPS on their mobile to help us with directions.
Regarding the puncture kit, I carry that everywhere I go. Not sure how to use it, but I still carry it.
Old 29th May 2015, 19:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
The route you're referring to is the Mekadattu road. We turn right after Kanakapura and take the road leading to Mekadattu (decent roads and twisties for the enthusiasits) from Mekadattu we take the road leadiing to Muthathi and come back via Sathanur. I am not sure of the road conditions from Mekadattu to Muthathi though. I am game for this. Now hope someone has a GPS on their mobile to help us with directions.
Regarding the puncture kit, I carry that everywhere I go. Not sure how to use it, but I still carry it.
Lets do this one then ! Always good to do new roads plus 2 locations (2M). If at all the roads are too poor, we can always take an U.
I will have my GPS - ear phone kit going from kanakapura ! No issues.
I have seen dozens of punctures getting repaired on my R15 so I guess I can manage in an emergency. Just carry it. I will try to be the 'punchure wala'
Old 29th May 2015, 19:47   #336
BHPian

This is the plan for this Sunday's ride. We now plan to go to Mekadattu and from there to Muthathi and return back via Sathanur. Breakfast is at Vasus. The rendouzvous point is at the NICE Road - Kanakapura Road junction at 5:30 AM. Confirmed riders until now Sojogator, Sammyboy and me. Anyone else interested in joining in the ride can PM either of us.
Old 31st May 2015, 19:59   #337
BHPian

Eventually only two of us turned up for today's ride out of the five that were supposed to go. The other riders dropped out like a pack of cards one after the other. I met up with Sojogator at the NICE Road-Kanakapura Raod exit at 5:45 AM and we made good progress from there till Mekadattu. The roads were mist laden at some places and were pretty much empty. Sojo was leading the way on his big green mean machine and I as usual was playing the catching up game.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2.jpg

We reached Mekadattu at around 8:15 but didn't bother getting off the bike and having a dekko of the surrondings, instead we decided to carry on to Muthathi. The roads from Mekadattu to Muthathi started off good and for sometime there I was wandering what barcalad was talking about when he said the roads were very bad.

This is how the road started out to be from Sathanur.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-8.jpg

As we progressed, the roads starting becoming worse but were still managable and we were happly cruising through without a thought as to what lay in store for us. As we crossed the Basavanna betta forest checkpost the roads slowly started to dissapear and instead it was just huge craters that greeted us. 12 kilometers of absolute nightmare it was. The route was scenic and that was the only plus point. We had to pass through small streams that was flowing across the road of which Sojo managed to capture a picture of.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-6.jpg

Since this is a reserved forest area, we were able to catch a glimpse of a few animals/birds. Sojo saw a Peacock and a mongoose (or was that a bushy tail squirrel?), I saw a few wild pigs and the usual monkeys everywhere.

We reached Muthathi and the place was crowded with humans. A lot of them were cooking food and cutting meat and in general making the place a mess. We didn't stay there for long and decided to leave after a few minutes.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-3.jpg

Sojo with the help of his GPRS found an alternate route for our return journey. We rode back on the Muthathi-Mandya route and took a right at Halaguru towards Kanakapura. This road was so well laid unlike what we had to experience earlier. Though the route is around 15 kms longer, it is worth it.

On the way back we stopped at Vasus Hotel for some yummu masala dosas and coffee. Being a Sunday morning, the Kanakapura road was not as crowded and we were able to make it by 1:00 PM to our respective homes.

Some other pictures that were taken on the ride.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-4.jpgBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-5.jpg[ATTACH][ATTACH]Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-10.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

All pictures are courtesy to Sojo and I didn't even venture to take out my mobile camera for reasons best known to my co-riders.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-7.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-9.jpg  

Snehal Sekhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2015, 21:10   #338
BHPian

Quote:

Since this is a reserved forest area, we were able to catch a glimpse of a few animals/birds. Sojo saw a Peacock and a mongoose (or was that a bushy tail squirrel?), I saw a few wild pigs and the usual monkeys everywhere.

Aye ! Great ride and equally well put ! The broken bit was a test but Roadbuster did really well. I was not rattled and snaking between potholes were well handled. Riding through stream was interesting, though we have done deeper waters in silk board

Lovely ride through and through, topped with a lovely masala Dosa in crowded Vasu Hotel.

Googled, thanks to the board that told about the squirrel, and they were not mongoose but the "Grizzled Giant Squirrel"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzled_giant_squirrel

Always good to spot a new animal. I scared them away and you couldn't catch a glimpse of those !

The Route from Mekedatu:

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-screenshot_20150531185423.jpg

Last edited by Sojogator : 31st May 2015 at 21:35.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 00:15   #339
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a green ZX-14R and a black Z800 today near Koramangala. I thought it would be someone from this thread.

But looks like that wasn't the case. :
Old 1st June 2015, 15:28   #340
BHPian

Hi Sojo and Snehal,

Looks like you two had a memorable trip, I wanted to join this ride like I did for the DD Hills one, but alas could not do so. My loss as I could have tested the Tiger's ability on that bad stretch you encountered, and also big loss on the dosa as well. Will try and join you guys at the next ride.

Regards,
Veera
Old 1st June 2015, 15:35   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
... My loss as I could have tested the Tiger's ability on that bad stretch you encountered, and also big loss on the dosa as well. Will try and join you guys at the next ride.
Exactly what I was thinking when I was taking on the jungle stretch. Must say I was more comfortable than I had expected to be and did 30 - 40kmph throughout with the average refusing to fall below 21 kmpl even there !!! No heating or continuous clutch slipping as well. The suspension did very well to keep my backside normal.

Your Tiger would probably feel like it found its home on that stretch . You could probably even go to shore of the Kaveri, over the rocks and boulders and through the huge vessels of biriyani being cooked !

Sure thing for the next one, when it happens !
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:32   #342
BHPian

Fabulous pictures. Super emo pose my Sojo on the Baron there.

I'm very glad that you guys experienced those craters that tormented me a lot.

Observed that the river crossing has water. The last time I was there it was completely dry, making it a lot more scenic. A must stop for anyone passing by on the road. Attaching a picture of when I rode on that road last, around 10 months back.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc02996.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2015, 18:59   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Fabulous pictures. Super emo pose my Sojo on the Baron there.
If you are talking about the one that shows just the backside, it's Snehal !

Yours look really dry. We had like a few cms of water flowing over the road. I believe, with more rains, it might be silk board deep, after a heavy shower
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:00   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
If you are talking about the one that shows just the backside, it's Snehal !

Yours look really dry. We had like a few cms of water flowing over the road. I believe, with more rains, it might be silk board deep, after a heavy shower
I got to say, you and Snehal look too similar from behind. I remember you wearing that kind of a jacket in a photo as well, hence it added to my confusion.

I'm surprised that you guys encountered so much water, now that the monsoon is yet to set in.

Anyway, do let me know what's your next destination. Plan something big. Something which involves waking up at extremely unearthly hours and riding to a destination whose mere distance would scare many. Snehal knows what I'm talking about.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:25   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Anyway, do let me know what's your next destination. Plan something big. Something which involves waking up at extremely unearthly hours and riding to a destination whose mere distance would scare many. Snehal knows what I'm talking about.
Hey buddy! That picture you've taken there looks absolutely eerie. If you remove your Duke from that snap, it's almost got a horror movie kind of feel to it.
Anyway, plans for my next ride are already on its way. Since the monsoons have just started down south, I think a ride to Horsley hills will be doable with the weather not being too hot. I've been there a long time ago and the place is good for a one dayer. This is the route I plan to take (all HD friendly roads this time...yeah!). Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Madnapalle - Horsley Hills. On my return journey, I'll be taking a left at Hoskote and come back via Malur - Bagalur - Hosur.
This plan is for the 14th though since I will not be riding this weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks