Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 11:26   #1
BHPian

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Hey Guys,

I have been meaning to go on long trips on my Bullet for over 2 years and have not made it to even one so far!!

The primary issue is being able to take a full day or two off to do this (work, family, blah, blah..).

What would work great for me is to take a few hours on a Sunday morning and do some short rides and have discussions with like minded people. If we leave between 6 & 7 am the roads will be awesome and we can easily ride for 100 to 200 Kms get some breakfast and return at a reasonable time well before lunch time.

I live in Sahakara Nagar (Hebbal area) and even if a handfull of riders can join me, we can go north on Bellary Road and recce a few side roads around Devenhalli and Doddaballapur areas. Suggestions welcome.

If anyone is interested in joining me, please confirm it here;
Date: March 14th
Starting point: Service road after the Hebbal flyover
Start time: 6:30AM sharp

Make sure you get a checkup done and have no major issues with your bike. We won't have a mechanic with us, but I am hoping that someone with experience will be able to join us.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:44   #2
BHPian

I like the idea, how about Nice Ring Road ? Well, I can't join you(family) but just suggesting.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you join the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club - we have announce rides for new members every month and regular rides after you are a member.
Old 11th March 2010, 17:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamaan View Post
I like the idea, how about Nice Ring Road ? Well, I can't join you(family) but just suggesting.
Yeah, the Nice Road is good, I've been on it a few times. I was thinking that adding some secondary roads to the route will enhance the experience of driving through more natural settings.

No one else has signed up yet, so it could very well be I, me and myself this Sunday. But, let me know if you want to join next time.

I've seen a couple of guys with the new classics in the Sahakara Nagar, but I don't know if they are members here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Why don't you join the Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club - we have announce rides for new members every month and regular rides after you are a member.
I looked at the websites of some of the Motorcycle clubs and most of the events are a few times a year and are for 2 to 3 days. I know there was one in Jan that was sponsored by Royal Enfield to Kudremukh.

Even at RTMC I dont see any trip announcements in 2010. Do you publish short trips online or just take off with a few people? I'll surely join you if you have 1/2 day or 1 day trips to begin with.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
I looked at the websites of some of the Motorcycle clubs and most of the events are a few times a year and are for 2 to 3 days....

Even at RTMC I dont see any trip announcements in 2010. Do you publish short trips online or just take off with a few people? I'll surely join you if you have 1/2 day or 1 day trips to begin with.
Hehe, well, err, the site hasn't been updated in a looong time. But do a search for the Yahoo groups for RTMC or Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club and you can send a mail to join the next announce ride. This is a ride that is done for new comers to RTMC and mostly at the max will be about 20 - 25 bikes. After 2 rides, you can become a member of the RTMC and join in internal rides that are done by full members. Have sent you a PM with more details.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:16   #6
BHPian

Generally the Bullet clubs are lot more "Happening" than what seems to be from outside. I am part of the "Roadshakers" from Pune and know this from experience. Join one and everything will be taken care of.

Keep riding. Have Fun.
Old 12th March 2010, 10:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hehe, well, err, the site hasn't been updated in a looong time. But do a search for the Yahoo groups for RTMC or Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club and you can send a mail to join the next announce ride. This is a ride that is done for new comers to RTMC and mostly at the max will be about 20 - 25 bikes. After 2 rides, you can become a member of the RTMC and join in internal rides that are done by full members. Have sent you a PM with more details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_sweat View Post
Generally the Bullet clubs are lot more "Happening" than what seems to be from outside. I am part of the "Roadshakers" from Pune and know this from experience. Join one and everything will be taken care of.

Keep riding. Have Fun.
Thanks guys, I will send an email to join the next ride. I am part of Jeep Thrills Bangalore and there is a separate sub-forum on Team BHP under 4X4 Offroading for Offroading Excursions. I think this works great for announcements where people can sign up and it is easier to follow-up.

Is there something like that for Bulleteers & RTMC?? Anyway, not sure why there is more than one Bullet club in Bangalore. Hope people from these clubs interact with each other.

Even under Motorbikes, I feel that there should be a separate sub-forum for Bullets. It is not similar to Jeeps, Gypsies and all 4WDs belonging under the 4X4 Offroading forum where there is one common purpose.

The intentions and purpose of the Bullet vs. other bikes are significantly different. More than anything, it makes it difficult to look for Bullet Threads among a hundred other threads. Just my opinion.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:37   #8
BHPian

why do you need a big "group" to ride out? While they may have their advantages, solo rides have their own charm. You get quality time to be with yourself.
COUGAR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2010, 16:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
why do you need a big "group" to ride out? While they may have their advantages, solo rides have their own charm. You get quality time to be with yourself.
Right you are my friend, but a small group to talk shop every now and then is good for you. I have been doing solo rides, but not "one" group ride so far. You can enjoy your toy on your own for only so long.. you need someone to share your excitement, compare notes and try new things with.
gbanavar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 22:03   #10
BHPian

Yeah natural settings, the riding experience through the Indian roads with humps and bumps, people blindly crossing, cows on the way causing traffic jams ! That'd be cool :-)
Old 18th March 2010, 12:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post

If anyone is interested in joining me, please confirm it here;
Date: March 14th
Starting point: Service road after the Hebbal flyover
Start time: 6:30AM sharp
@GB - Sorry man, I didnt see this thread in time. Matter of fact, I was at the Hebbal flyover from 6.00 to 6.20 AM on March 14th waiting for another biker on a GT250 to join me, while I myself was riding my bro's CI500. We did a short ride to Nandi Hills before heading home. My ride was in terrible tune as it hadnt been serviced after a trip to Leh. I got the brakes changed for this particular ride as the brakes were AWOL after the beating they took in Leh.

The Nandi Hills road has been resurfaced and is now great for a weekend ride. Needless to say, the GT250 ran away from me uphill, but downhill I managed to hang with him without pushing too much. Good fun!
Old 18th March 2010, 12:51   #12
BHPian

B_o_B,

Oh.. it would have been swell to ride with you. No one else signed up, so I did a solo trip on Bellary Rd. Started at ease at about 7:00 and rode past Chikballapur on the newly surfaced road. Did about 130Kms roundtrip. The cool breeze and early Sunday morning quite was awesome.

I ran into a few other riders on my way back - one with a C500 that had just completed its run-in period.

Let me know when you are in the area again and we can hook up!
Old 20th March 2010, 10:19   #13
BHPian

Sorry man, didn't bump into this thread earlier!!

I'm also from around Hebbal, ORR. Let me know when you plan for another short ride, why not on 28th?
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:20   #14
BHPian

@Jingaboysr: Would be happy to ride with you on the 28th. I will re-confirm on Fri since the wifey is flying out of the country on Sun night and may require some un-divided attention!!

Did another short ride to Dobballapur this Sunday.. it was an improptu ride to test out some jetting changes.
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:00   #15
BHPian

Sure, let me know.

Btw, nice ride you've got, i loved the quad silencers.

Anyone else in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks