I hope RE worked on some sprocketing.
Source - Motorcycles | Motorcycle India | Motorcycles Manufacturer
Old 17th March 2010, 15:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I hope RE worked on some sprocketing.
Source - Motorcycles | Motorcycle India | Motorcycles Manufacturer
Nope, everything is the same. All the UCE350s share the same engine and gearbox.

The fastest 350 will ironically be the STD350 UCE as it will be the lightest of the bunch of new UCE bullets. A STD350 UCE with an intake and exhaust mod should be good fun.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 17th March 2010, 15:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think RE forgot to update their site
Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500-b1.jpg

The Electra 5S seems to be the old model

Last edited by aargee : 17th March 2010 at 15:47.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:46   #19
BHPian

The wait for TBTS here in mumbai is around 20 days.
all UCE's are good on the reliability front and there is very little to diffrenciate them on the way they behave ofcourse apart from the looks.
After using TBTS for a while now I did not find the same high handle pleasure and command when i test-rode the classic 350.
Also i doubt the long ride seating comfort on the Classics for both the rider as well as the pillion.
Old 17th March 2010, 17:12   #20
BHPian

Hi

I would say CL 350 will have a bit more torque compared to Electra UCE and TBTS because of the 18in wheels. Technically all UCE 350 engines produce the same torque but since CL 350 has 18in rear wheels compared to 19in in both TBTS and Electra, It will have slightly better effective torque.

Am I right ?
Old 17th March 2010, 18:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Hi

I would say CL 350 will have a bit more torque compared to Electra UCE and TBTS because of the 18in wheels. Technically all UCE 350 engines produce the same torque but since CL 350 has 18in rear wheels compared to 19in in both TBTS and Electra, It will have slightly better effective torque.

Am I right ?
In a way. As I see it, the actual torque will be the same for a given RPM, being generated by the same engine. But the torque is related to force at the tyre as Torque= force at tyre X tyre radius. As the torque is the same but the tyre radius is smaller, this means that the force is higher. This would mean a faster acceleration in the CL350, as compared to the TBTS. [But the CL350 will have a slightly lower cruising speed for the same rpm, as speed is proportional to the tyre radius times the RPM. They could have, of course, changed the gear ratios in the CL 350 to compensate for this.]

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 17th March 2010 at 18:58.
Old 17th March 2010, 20:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Smaller wheel = more torque at a given rpm. Larger wheel = more speed at a given rpm. Smaller wheels mean faster acceleration while the larger wheel means a higher top speed. So in effect, the Electra UCE350 will accelerate slower than the CL350 but will have a slightly higher top speed. AFAIK, there is no difference in the gear ratios between the Electra and the UCE350.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 17th March 2010, 21:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Smaller wheel = more torque at a given rpm. Larger wheel = more speed at a given rpm. Smaller wheels mean faster acceleration while the larger wheel means a higher top speed. So in effect, the Electra UCE350 will accelerate slower than the CL350 but will have a slightly higher top speed. AFAIK, there is no difference in the gear ratios between the Electra and the UCE350.

Cheers,

Jay
A Bullet is not ridden for its Top end speed. So does that mean CL 350 with faster acceleration is better than UCE Electra? (Want to feel great as I booked a CL 350)
Old 12th October 2014, 18:47   #24
BHPian

I had the same confusion.did a lot of research and after lots of feedback from friends using the Classic and 350, I have finally decided to go with 350- matte black. Will be getting it in the next month. Since the engine is same in both, advantages of Thunderbird include projector headlights - really bright, rear disk brakes - very good stopping power and the best part is the riding comfort which I feel is far better

Being that said, Classic has better value because of the masculine look and the beat , which is less pronounced in Thunderbird. If you are on the shorter side (5.5 to 5.8) and a very strong back, then Classic is for you.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th October 2014 at 07:24. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / " " MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Post edited for grammar. Thanks!
Old 1st November 2014, 19:04   #25
BHPian

I own a c5 and trust me, with the right exhaust pipe it's the best looker of all, you could go for a classic 350 too now that they have some pretty interesting colors like white and lagoon, but for raw power and the feels go for a 500. The thunderbird is a very capable motorcycle but doesn't give the bullet feel, same with the GT which is one really sexy bike. The Bullet 500 is a legend and if you want old school bullet looks go for that. Electra seems most ordinary of all and if budget is a problem Id rather go for a standard 350!
Old 7th November 2014, 16:18   #26
BHPian

Re: Help required: Electra or TBTS or Classic 350 or classic 500

I am about 5'10. My daily office commute is approx 30 kms to and fro. Right now, I am using my car but driving can become a trouble in heavy traffic. I have been craving for a RE for so many days.

Should I pick up a classic / TB ? My main concern would be ride comfort as my laptop bag is quite heavy and the last thing I would need is a back pain.
Old 7th November 2014, 16:25   #27
BHPian

>>> Budget is not a constrain and all i need is a comfatable ride with a decent milage and low maintenance

Buy a CBR 250 with ABS. No maintenance required (other than using it). Comfortable for long distances also and extremely reliable.
Old 9th November 2014, 21:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I am about 5'10. My daily office commute is approx 30 kms to and fro. Right now, I am using my car but driving can become a trouble in heavy traffic. I have been craving for a RE for so many days.

Should I pick up a classic / TB ? My main concern would be ride comfort as my laptop bag is quite heavy and the last thing I would need is a back pain.
Hi, if you are taking a heavy shoulder bag with you, the single seaters (bullets, electras and thunderbirds) would help better than the saddled ones (classics). I ride a Standard with a stepped seat and my shoulder bag easily rests on the slightly raised pillion seat taking the weight off my shoulder.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 01:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi, if you are taking a heavy shoulder bag with you, the single seaters (bullets, electras and thunderbirds) would help better than the saddled ones (classics). I ride a Standard with a stepped seat and my shoulder bag easily rests on the slightly raised pillion seat taking the weight off my shoulder.
regards adrian
Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the standard 350 now. Any idea how much it will cost for a used one less than 3 years old?
Old 12th November 2014, 10:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the standard 350 now. Any idea how much it will cost for a used one less than 3 years old?
A used STD 350 UCE that is >3 years old should cost you around Rs 70,000 if it's in good condition. A CI 350 now has the rarity factor, so sellers may ask for around Rs 80k.

If you're buying used, check the:

1. Brake liner and brake shoes.
2. Chain and sprocket kit (You might find a lot of teeth missing from the sprocket.)
3. All electricals (Particular focus on the battery wiring, indicators, brake lights, dipper, how does the bike perform with all electric components in use)
4. Clutch and speedo cable. (These things snap/stop working even on Bullets that have just rolled right out of the showroom)
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks