Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 20:00   #16
BHPian

Warning signs of the impending doom -- scarcity for Bullet 350 parts!!! No wonder I am paranoid. How much does the Bullet 350's piston cylinder kit cost? What all should I stock up????????
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...s-my-bull.html
Old 28th April 2010, 22:13   #17
BHPian

I found a way to source my much needed parts ( head valves and piston rings ). I ordered the valve kit thorough EBay UK and got a friend of mine to order the piston rings from hitchcocksmotorcycles.

Awaiting delivery....

Another question, is it advisable to change the spring set and the valve guide along with the valves? I saw a bronze valve guide for sale in hitchcockmotorcycles, what difference does it make?
Old 28th April 2010, 23:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
I found a way to source my much needed parts ( head valves and piston rings ). I ordered the valve kit thorough EBay UK and got a friend of mine to order the piston rings from hitchcocksmotorcycles.

Awaiting delivery....

Another question, is it advisable to change the spring set and the valve guide along with the valves? I saw a bronze valve guide for sale in hitchcockmotorcycles, what difference does it make?
Rishi,

Guides, yes. Bronze guides last longer. Springs, not required but if you're going in for a top end rebuild, you might as well get new springs in as they anyway need to come out while the new valves go in.

BTW, like I said before, low compression could be a plethora of factors. Did you narrow down to the cause?

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 28th April 2010 at 23:18.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Rishi,

BTW, like I said before, low compression could be a plethora of factors. Did you narrow down to the cause?

Cheers,

Jay
Not yet...I read Nandan's piece on compression and narrowed it down to either piston rings or valves(I am running on loose tappets now).

I am waiting for the valves and piston rings to arrive to get my mechanic open up the engine and check the problem. I don't want to open it up and then search for parts ..

I should get those next week, I will keep you posted.

-Rishi

Most Viewed