Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Well, yeah I'm too young for this forum too and I really appreciated the kind replies which tried explaining me on how to write and how to talk to elders. Thank you. I have learnt it. They were a few witty ones asking me what is reading sense and they even asked me if I knew about writing sense, yes I actually can tell you whats that means but first you have to realize the fact that you are talking to a 17 year old(MAYBE quarter your age)!

Okay forget that and lets move on to the main part, and the whole essence of this thread "Native Indian Bikes", I meant typical Indian motor bikes which you see around everywhere in India, some people din't get that either. Forget that too.

See I have booked Yamaha FZ-S, Will get it on wednesday and I have also asked the RTO concerned person in the show room for assistance on the learner's license. Thank you for your KIND replies :-)
Old 20th March 2010, 19:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
you can also pay a little attention to your writing sense .

by the way, what is "native indian motorcycle"? first thing that came to my mind when i sw this thread was indian chief.
Very misleading, even I thought that someone was confused about which 'Indian' motorycle to buy !!!
Indian Motorcycle Home
Old 20th March 2010, 20:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

The best P&S motorcycle out there (point n shoot) is the RTR 160 (not 180).
Old 20th March 2010, 20:27   #19
BHPian

@Zamaan Congrats!!! on booking the FZ.Actually speaking a bike's size or weight will not matter once you start using it.Even the classic is a competent bike.But a bullet ought to be driven in a more disciplined manner if you understand what i mean.Else you can screw up the bike.But i know a lot of people who learnt riding on a bullet.
Once you get your learner's license please ride carefully and wear a helmet always.Also try to master the art of engine braking and using your front brakes effectively.A bike's safety is a combination of the rider and the machine.So try to understand your bike's capabilities and limitations.Two wheeler riding is easy to pick up but to master it completely it takes years of riding.Happy riding!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamaan View Post
Well, yeah I'm too young for this forum too and I really appreciated the kind replies which tried explaining me on how to write and how to talk to elders. Thank you. I have learnt it. They were a few witty ones asking me what is reading sense and they even asked me if I knew about writing sense, yes I actually can tell you whats that means but first you have to realize the fact that you are talking to a 17 year old(MAYBE quarter your age)!

Okay forget that and lets move on to the main part, and the whole essence of this thread "Native Indian Bikes", I meant typical Indian motor bikes which you see around everywhere in India, some people din't get that either. Forget that too.

See I have booked Yamaha FZ-S, Will get it on wednesday and I have also asked the RTO concerned person in the show room for assistance on the learner's license. Thank you for your KIND replies :-)
Old 21st March 2010, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Thanks everyone !

@freewheelburnin

I learnt riding a bike on the Ensign, an instinct bike manufactured by the Royal Enfield !

@Mpower

I feel that the RTR's are just too many on the road, having something unusual is cool, like the FZ-S. I don't see too many of them and after the Yamaha will launch four more bikes, I think no one will buy it.

I kept running yesterday for the LL, first to the Yamaha show room to meet the RTO concerned person and go with him to the Koramangala RTO. No one actually respected his words out there, they were ignoring him and finally nothing happened. Then I called a few people and my uncle suggested me a person in the Indiranagar RTO, after going there he said that he'll make me a LL for gearless bikes at the moment and as soon as I become 18 he'll make it for the with gear bikes. I'm not sure the gearless LL will work out but at least I'll have a little less harassment from the cops just in case I get caught for a random check.

Last edited by bblost : 21st March 2010 at 16:13. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2010, 15:38   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The best P&S motorcycle out there (point n shoot) is the RTR 160 (not 180).
I think it has to be the RTR-180

@zaman--Congrats, ride safe
Old 21st March 2010, 16:21   #22
Team-BHP Support

Unless you meet a very stupid cop, your non-gear license will not be accepted if you are riding a geared bike.

My sincere request and advice to you is to buy the bike after you have a license.

My past riding record is not exactly clean. If you read my intro for instance you will realize that I acknowledge my surviving adolescence as a miracle.

God forbid, you are involved in a crash and without a license you will find yourself in a lot of trouble. Its simply not worth it.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:52   #23
BHPian

Yeah bblost, I'll be in deep trouble but I'd rather ride without a license than owning a forged/illegal license ! I respect my dad, he could have easily altered my age and stuff after feeding a few people in the RTO or even go to a few agents who would do this stuff but he insisted me on having a Learners license at least !

As per fooling the cop is concerned, they are of no trouble to me. Just a 100rs bill will do and that too if it is a constable then I can question him about his rights to ask me on my license but as you are saying the insurance and the power of the other person who can sue me counts !

I'll try being as safe as possible, and I'll try commuting more by bus rather than my bike, but at times when I have to reach college soon, I really need a bike !!!!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:37   #24
BHPian

Got it and pics comin soon :-)
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:36   #25
BHPian

Hey Zamaan,

Firstly, just wanted to congratulate you on a few things.

1. your new bike.
2. your decision to bribe cops when caught.
3. Choosing convinence over your own saftey and the law when your in a hurry to get somewhere.

And secondly kudos to your dad, for not altering your age and letting you ride without a valid licence.

Could you let us know what colour ur bike is so that people in bangalore could beware of a 'rare' FZ-S and keep a safe distance.
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged_Piston View Post
Hey Zamaan,

Firstly, just wanted to congratulate you on a few things.

1. your new bike.
2. your decision to bribe cops when caught.
3. Choosing convinence over your own saftey and the law when your in a hurry to get somewhere.

And secondly kudos to your dad, for not altering your age and letting you ride without a valid licence.

Could you let us know what colour ur bike is so that people in bangalore could beware of a 'rare' FZ-S and keep a safe distance.
good one.....

seriously, dude, please be very careful, speaking from experience, even a small accident can open a pandora's box with the insurance, payments to affected parties and much much more than a few bucks bribe to the cops.

Most Viewed