Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2005, 20:42   #1

bajaj releasing 3 new bikes?

actually i got myself the good for nothing ct100 deluxe in january 2005 for 39500/- now i have plans of going for the pulsar 150 dts-i es.now my ct100 though only a 9 month old baby im selling it for around 28-29k now one of my friend asked me to wait before going for the pulsar(Since i told him i always wanted a stylish bike and want others to envy it).he said bajaj auto has already designed 3 NEW MOTORBIKES!!!! with only the naming and stickering part remaining... do any of you guys have any idea about these bikes and when r they supposed to be available in the market..? coz once i get the pulsar and soon after that if a better bike than pulsar is going to be launched my heart will surely break down...!plzzzzzzzz help
Old 1st October 2005, 11:45   #2
BHPian

expect a bigger bike from bajaj in the next two months.
Old 1st October 2005, 15:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia
expect a bigger bike from bajaj in the next two months.
nooooo i just brought an avenger...............noooooo. hope its not a 180 killer
Old 1st October 2005, 15:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
nooooo i just brought an avenger...............noooooo. hope its not a 180 killer
Sry man..but there's a news that they gonna lauch a 250cc babe!
Old 1st October 2005, 16:16   #5
BHPian

ne info bunny,,,,,,,,is there ne info on xbhp~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 1st October 2005, 17:55   #6
BHPian

there is always information on xbhp too. but most of the news is rumour.
according to my sources, the bike wil be out on diwali. but i am giving an extra month to it..
Old 1st October 2005, 18:00   #7
BHPian

@khargosh ...ne idea what names and the CCs of the bikes?????
Old 3rd October 2005, 22:02   #8

thanks a lot bunny..as far as the new killer is 250cc one im not worried as im looking for a mileage+performance bike where nothing beats the P150 dts-i but r they launching any 150cc bikes too?that too for diwali...
Old 4th October 2005, 16:00   #9
BHPian

250cc...now thats gonna bring up a lot of sales esp. from speed freaks...who will end up selling their Pulsars and switch to the New one(whatever its going to be called...any idea guys, about its name??)
Old 4th October 2005, 16:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

http://www.overdrive.co.in/art_dtls....2&tblname=news

New Bajaj bikes on horizon </STRONG></FONT>
OVERDRIVE has spied two new motorcycles on test with Bajaj Auto.

Our exclusive pictures show a fully faired motorcycle with twin exhausts, definitely suggesting a multi-cylinder format. For reasons of cost and simplicity, we believe it to be a parallel twin, of quarter litre capacity.

A lot of effort has been lavished upon the cycle parts; the swingarm is a modern alloy item, operating a monoshock. The drive features a heavy duty chain and sprocket with a disc brake on the rear wheel to boot. The front obviously features a disc brake, with a rotor larger than the Pulsar’s. The bike also sports twin cans to satisfy all those wannabes with their dummy silencers, who abound in cities all over India. Rounding off the package are good tyres, with the rear a 130 section radial. The instrument cluster is modern, with the tachometer prominent as it should be on a performance-oriented motorcycle. The switchgear is of good quality, as much as we could make out from a quick peek.

Nice effort? Not really, since what you see in these pictures is a baby Ninja, a Kwacker ZZR250. This motorcycle definitely has grunt, compared to anything else in the market evident in the manner the test rider tried to outrun our ardent snapper. The bike should comfortably clock 100kmph in under 14 seconds, with max velocity (hopefully) in excess of 130kmph. However, given India’s preoccupation with fuel efficiency, this bike should manage 30kmpl or thereabouts.

Questioned during the Probiking launch, Rajiv Bajaj was forthright: “We have a long standing collaboration with Kawasaki. However, you cannot make money out of someone else’s hard work. But we are indeed looking at introducing another segment.” Which brings us to the crux of the issue. Is this the bike Bajaj will build for Kawasaki given the understanding between the two manufacturers wherein the Japanese manufacturer will outsource production of its small capacity bikes to Bajaj, given the Indian manufacturer’s cost-effectiveness? Or is this the bike that will be sold in the Indian market? Remember we spied two bikes. The second bike which we had barely a glance at looked more like a single but more contemporarily styled.

Pricing of either bike could be around the lakh rupee mark. Our sources predict this bike should hit the roads in three months or so. But there is no disguising the fact that Bajaj intends pushing the performance envelope further with this machine, which given the Bajaj flair could put quite a bit over the Karizma. Remember, the Pulsar crippled sales of the CBZ and Hero Honda might be left eating humble pie all over again.
Old 4th October 2005, 17:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Man this should really set the Karizma on fire! 250cc engine and looks like a Karizma from the side front view! I am waiting for this one! But wont this kill the Bajaj 180 Pulsar but who cares!
Old 4th October 2005, 19:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any idea guys, about its name
knowing bajaj, it could be the "punisher" or the "asteroid" or the "photon" (no resemblance to the mighty VW phaeton)......

Quote:
Man this should really set the Karizma on fire! 250cc engine and looks like a Karizma from the side front view! I am waiting for this one!
i doubt so- if my sources are correct, the new bike should have a top speed in the region of 140 kmph or so, and should post 0-100 in sub-10 seconds. now that would put the bike in a entirely different league; more in line with the comet. the zma stands as it is, and wouldn't pose any competition, simply because it'll be smoked by the mighty bajaj (or kawasaki).....my condolences to the comet owners....life would sure suck if a 100,000 rupee bajaj would thrash a 190,000 buck hyosung...

which brings me to the next point; i don't think many would lean towards a 250cc, full-faired, 100,000 rupee bajaj; unless it sports the kawasaki badge...

and more good news follows; a 350cc from HH, codenamed "dream" was expected by late 2005/early 2006, but after all the fuel-price hikes and the hoopla, they have decided to postpone the launch; dunno why, maybe because of some internal probs. also, honda is planning to bring in it's range of SBK's (yup, it's comfirmed) within a year; they are planning to bring in half-litre bikes, but the exact models are yet unknown. and in other news, yamaha has already started setting up it's wholly indian subsidiary for it's entire range, like keyboards, outboard motors,etc., and hush-hush whispers are going around about a quarter litre yamaha by 2005-end or mid-2006, followed by some mighty machines later....
Old 4th October 2005, 21:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey veyron by when is the baja bike going to surely hit the showrooms? How many BHP?

Quote:
and more good news follows; a 350cc from HH, codenamed "dream" was expected by late 2005/early 2006, but after all the fuel-price hikes and the hoopla
Man 350cc from HH is equivalent to 250cc from bajaj LOL

p.s How about a Busa vs Veyron?

Busa 0 - 100 - 1.96 Veyron 0 - 100 - 2.5secs
Busa 0 - 160 - 2.90 Veyron 0 - 160 - 4 secs
You arenot stable at highspeeds
Old 5th October 2005, 22:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey veyron by when is the baja bike going to surely hit the showrooms? How many BHP?
although unconfirmed, my sources tell me that the recent spate of bajaj's probiking bonanza is one of the factors in the launch of their "power bikes", and the first launch should be by sometime late this year or early next year (first quarter 2006)... again, although unconfirmed, one of their powerbikes is claimed at 32 bhp or so...

Quote:
Busa 0 - 100 - 1.96 Veyron 0 - 100 - 2.5secs
Busa 0 - 160 - 2.90 Veyron 0 - 160 - 4 secs
You arenot stable at highspeeds
W-R-O-N-G..!!!

busa:0-100:3.0 secs;veyron:0-100:2.5 secs
busa:0-200:7.6 secs;veyron:0-200:7.3 secs
busa:0-300:20.xx seconds;veyron:0-300:16.7 secs
busa:top speed:309 kmph;veyron:top speed:406 kmph

conclusion; veyron is F-A-R more capable than anything on wheels (road-going) on this planet, and can whup busa's tail....LOL...
Old 6th October 2005, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

I want 'em superbikes in rupees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks