Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 12:01   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Thats pretty fast done 1000kms. You've been itching to get there.
Now that its reached i can help because iam just waiting to know the reports of your next ride with the boys.
Specially Kunal and amit, they'll be left with their jaw open. Chintan am not so sure dont know what he's riding and hes wild so cant say much.

Any bike cam's on your next ride. Heard you were going to get one.
Yea will probably get a tank cam for the next ride.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
ok guys first service done. i carried Petronas 20w 40 mineral oil with me, but the bajaj guys were totally unaware of the brand. They insisted i use their recommedned oil, which was Valvoline 20w 50. Since i did not want to tick them off in lieu of my waranty i agreed. Im going to change the oil in the next 500 km anyways. Service is very much paid for and even the littlest thing add to the labour cost. Getting the number plate off led to stripping the whole front fairing off and an additional 300 bux. Kawasaki il filter was 300 odd bucks, all in all with no plate removal, oil change,oil filter,labour, shux they even charge 60 bucks for lubing the chain, the total came to 1900 odd rupees. Quality of service was pretty decent but some more intelligent staff who are aware of big bikes would surely be appreciated. i can now keep my revs at 6k rpm so the next ride to lonavla shud be quicker and more fun. T-bhpian manson ordered a sick looking sheet of monster energy decals from thailand, The bike shud be adorning them soon. Here are some pics..
Those decals should look great on the black ninja
Old 5th April 2010, 12:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Good lord in heaven! don't do that, man. Be sure to be well dressed when you venture into that showroom!!
Hahahahaha ....

I hope you are joking for sure.
Old 5th April 2010, 19:06   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Thats pretty fast done 1000kms. You've been itching to get there.
Now that its reached i can help because iam just waiting to know the reports of your next ride with the boys.
Specially Kunal and amit, they'll be left with their jaw open. Chintan am not so sure dont know what he's riding and hes wild so cant say much.

Any bike cam's on your next ride. Heard you were going to get one.

Hey Dan,

You should come on one of the rides buddy, they are really fun & Bro I am getting a bit old & heavy to be that wild but the boys are really fast. Guess no ones jaw will be left open but i am sure Abhi wont go to far from his baby ninja coz the moment he goes away either of us might jump on his ninja and ride off.

You should come, I know there is a rider inside you.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintan15 View Post
Hey Dan,

You should come on one of the rides buddy, they are really fun & Bro I am getting a bit old & heavy to be that wild but the boys are really fast. Guess no ones jaw will be left open but i am sure Abhi wont go to far from his baby ninja coz the moment he goes away either of us might jump on his ninja and ride off.

You should come, I know there is a rider inside you.
Ya abhi's been telling me that. But no ride still. Awaiting delivery of my 10' Busa next month end so will join you guys soon.
Old 8th April 2010, 08:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Hahahahaha ....

I hope you are joking for sure.
Happy to make you larf! it is good for the heart they say!
Old 9th April 2010, 19:24   #82
BHPian

congrats on the bike bp... it'll be a long love affair... hope you've remembered to put a protector between the cargonet hooks and the fairing as you'd mentioned in your first post. Procrastination in some of these matters is best avoided. And yes, do ride safe. Treated with the right care, she'll keep you happy for a long long time. cheers, ravi
Old 10th April 2010, 11:23   #83
BHPian

If you want to keep the engine life as it is, just change the oil atleast 2K KM before recommanded period/KM.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
If you want to keep the engine life as it is, just change the oil atleast 2K KM before recommanded period/KM.

im on 1100 km and already went through my third oil change.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:43   #85
BHPian

why third oilchange???
Old 10th April 2010, 16:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
im on 1100 km and already went through my third oil change.
You mean second change, right?
Old 12th April 2010, 14:37   #87
BHPian

Yea i meant second..

With almost 1100 km on the odo, i thought it was time for the ninja to sing. Got together with my buddies and headed off to Lonavla. First stretch of the highway and the rev counter was sniffing at 11k rpm. Power delivery is absolutely linear and its only when i glanced at the speedo did i realise that i was already hovering at 140 km/h. Met up with the guys, and the first open stretch after panvel saw me twisting the throttle to the stop in 6th gear. Saw a shade over 160 km/h, could have got more by getting behind the windscreen but ran out of road. The bike is as steady as a rock even at those speeds and even cornering at a 140 plus, the bike goads you into leaning it further and further. Grip from the IRC's is pretty good, however i think it will grip harder with the 140 section Pirelli sport demons. On the hairpins though, the bike's 172 kg kerb weigh can be felt. The nimbler and lighter R15's manage much better on slow, tight corners. But once you enter the long sweeping ones, the Ninja takes no prisoners. First hard ride on the Ninja and i can say its worth teh money i spent on it. Its just perfect for our roads, the handling, the balance, the smooth screaming powerplant..aah im in loooove...here are some pics which our very own BRAVE anku shot from his BB.More pics comin up soon
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-1.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-2.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-3.jpg  

Old 12th April 2010, 14:53   #88
BHPian

aah !! the third shot is simply mind blowing !! Ur reports and experiences are making me wanna buy one right away !! Congrats again on the beauty, more pics please
Old 12th April 2010, 14:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

Ho the black twins look killers .Nice shots .Do post other pics .
BTW what mileage are you getting , some have reported 40 + .
Old 12th April 2010, 14:57   #90
Senior - BHPian

great pics...what size is the IRC tire ? is it 140 mm as well ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks