Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Finally after waiting for a little over 2 months, i was off to get my first proper quarter litre sports bike, the Ninjaaaa. Going mad with anticipation me and my fiance finally reached the Probiking showroom at Ghatkopar. Entering the place i spotted to black Ninja's awaiting delivery. we were told to wait while the pdi would be performed and rest of the formalities would be completed.

Finally after half an hour or so, i was handed over the manual, the insurance cover note and delivery challan. Since the registration was still not done i had to ride the bike back on a TC number. Finally the bike was filled with petrol, i was surprised they put in more than 5 ltrs of it. The guy then gave me a few instruction about what is what and not to exceed 4k rpm, i wasnt even listening and got on the bike . Smiling ear to ear, we finally left.

The roads coming out of ghatkopar are simply pathetic and traffic infested. a couple of signals and the temp needle was already heading towards HOT. Stopped at the nearest pump and topped her up with IOC xtra premium. Finally got onto the highway. The bike felt brilliant. Engine humming smoothly and the gearshift was also makkhan. Since it was the auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa, headed straight to the temple to get a puja done. Once done, headed straight home and parked it. Met up with t-bhpians, chintan, doctorque and anthonydcruz later on. Doctorque being a prospective buyer and a close friend got a proper taste of the parallel twin as he sat pillion..Clean inviting roads meant i could not control the urge and wound her all the way till 8k rpm. That was a crazy rush and i was really happy with the performance but at the same time my heart melted thinking about the aftermath of not running in. That was day 1 with the bike.

Reached home on friday night from Pune at around 11. Was dead tired since it was a busy day at the office and i had driven to mumbai after that. Quick diner and was almost off to bed, when the urge to have a glimpse at the Ninja struck. Went down at 1 in the night, uncovered the bike and started drooling over it again. since i had already uncovered i thought what the heck, might as well go for a post midnight ride and come, so brought the ninja to life in the dead of the night and i was away. Rode around for 15-20 km and slept a happy man. Next day got the tank pad fixed and went and collected my rear embossed number plate. Was getting messeges from everyone in the bldg since they saw the new beast parked in the garage. Was contemplating finishing run in asap and the ride to pune would be the best way to finish it soon, but the limited speed and the long distance ahead kept me in two minds. Finally decided to go ahead.

Monday morning packed my back, place it on the ninja's hot rear and kept it place with a cargonet. Next time ill make sure i keep a soft cloth below the bag so that the cargonet does not scratch the bike paint. Well bag in place, suited up and away we go. Just 50 km into the ride and i could feel my bum getting a little sore. took a break at panvel bypass for 10 min and then was on my way again. Getting to the riding position, its more upright and comfortable than an R15 but compared to my earlier ZMA, it definitely puts more strain on the wrists. but hugging the tank a little tighter quicky rids of the excess weigh on the wrist.Just that it will take some tiem to get used to the new riding position. Overall id say the ergonomics are pretty good. Since i was on the highways i kept varying the revcounter between 4k and 5k nudging speeds <80 km/h. The ghat section of lonavla was the most testing with smooth inviting curves and so much power between my legs. But i took it nice and easy.

Finally hit the expressway and i decided to chase some revs. Took the expressway at some pretty good speeds, with the tacho hitting 8k occasionally. The way this thing takes corners is on a totally different level. Its a proper sports-bike with a small engine. i can say that cause i have ridden the busa, the cb 1000r and the 08 fireblade through the same route. Once the expressway was through it was back again to the 4k-5k grind. The bike was like magnet with almost every car and bike riding/driving parallel to get a glimpse. Finally reached pune after taking 3 drink breaks and about 3.15 hrs. Was probably my most patience testing ride ever. Still in Pune as im typing this 420 odd km on the clock. Looking forward to my ride back home on friday now. Sorry guys no pics on the way to pune, but will surely get some on the way to Mumbai. Meanwhile here are first pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-1.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-2.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-3.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-4.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-5.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-6.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-7.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 26th March 2010 at 09:54. Reason: Merging posts to put review in a single post.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

I hope you've taken the saree guard and the front number plate off the bike by now.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations champ, I'm hoping tou are going to keep us posted on your ownership experience past initial overdose of excitement.

manson.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes I would love to know about this little monster as well. Get a fender eliminator kit already!
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:36   #5
BHPian

Congrats! An awesome bike to have. Would love to see more photos of your new chick. About the "keeping the engine under 4k rpm" part, I know how you feel. I got a pulsar about 10 days back, and I just can't keep myself from pushing her on those 6 lane expressways, so I know how you'll feel when you've got an insanely powerful bike . Have fun!
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the BLACK beauty . More pictures demanded .
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Awesome ride BP!! Congrats on your purchase.. More pics please.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Yes I would love to know about this little monster as well. Get a fender eliminator kit already!
Nah.i dont think im getting one. I like the tail. Frame sliders will be the next important purchase.
Old 24th March 2010, 07:55   #9
Team-BHP Support

want more photos , peeleesse
and yes keep us updated
Old 24th March 2010, 08:24   #10
BANNED

Congratulations on the wonderful bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I hope you've taken the saree guard and the front number plate off the bike by now.
What will he do when the HSVRP becomes compulsory in Mumbai?
Old 24th March 2010, 10:57   #11
BHPian

Wow an rxz and a ninja. you are one lucky guy.. man i envy you. you got matching t-shirt and key chain

Congrats on your acquisition.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the beauty, @BP. She's a scorcher. Wish you loads of fun filled riding.

BTW, what's the OTR price for her in Mumbai?
Old 24th March 2010, 11:51   #13
BHPian

Congrats dude... surprised to see in Black... i though you'd go for the green.. Anyways Well wishes on the monster and ride well.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:53   #14
Team-BHP Support

Congratz its a superb bike! Ride safe and keep updating us with your ownership experience.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:23   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Waiting for a report on the Pune ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Nah.i dont think im getting one. I like the tail. Frame sliders will be the next important purchase.
Yes, that's a really important accessory to have. Where do you plan to install them? On the frame or the fairing? From the pics I guess it should be on the fairing...

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 24th March 2010 at 12:25.

Most Viewed