Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 20:03   #1

Dhoni's new rebuilt Yamaha RD350

MOD NOTE:

Please post the relevant information in the thread itself.
Do not post links to a community that requires one to register.

Last edited by Mpower : 31st March 2010 at 01:09.
Old 28th March 2010, 14:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ111 View Post
Yes this is true Speedwayz RD350 Community has delivered a completely rebuild RD350 to Mahinder Singh Dhoni.Find attached detailed links of the same.

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs...305810&start=1

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs...329106&start=1

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#CommMsgs...329106&start=1
I have few pictures of a RD350 Dhoni Picked up recently. I am told that Dhoni saw the articlae - Delhi - Kolkatta ride posted by fellow BHPian Minlindajp and picked up the Sumeets' workshop in Noida (since I can't get Orkut here I am not sure if we are talking about the same one)

Any way I am posting the pictures here

I am told Dhoni has six RD 350 wirh him

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Dhoni's new rebuilt Yamaha RD350-new-image-1a.jpg  

Dhoni's new rebuilt Yamaha RD350-new-image-3a.jpg  

Dhoni's new rebuilt Yamaha RD350-new-image-9a.jpg  

Dhoni's new rebuilt Yamaha RD350-new-image-.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 31st March 2010 at 01:10.
r_nairtvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2010, 14:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

6 RD 350s ? Wow MSD has some passion, not to mention the bikes.
Old 28th March 2010, 16:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
6 RD 350s ? Wow MSD has some passion, not to mention the bikes.
Prince - to me, if one has rebuilt an RD its passion, if one has 6 of them built, then its nothing but show off.
Reason - it takes so much of pain rebuilding any bike with availability of parts, then you could imagine about a motorcycle that is no longer in production & has no availability of parts from the manufacturer.
Old 28th March 2010, 19:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Prince - to me, if one has rebuilt an RD its passion, if one has 6 of them built, then its nothing but show off.
er, aargee i'm not too sure...I've had an RD in bone stock form but given a chance I would have 3 more in different stages of mod. I know a fellow Chennai biker who had spent over 2.5 lakhs on modding his RD. His bike had the looks AND the power to go with it but sadly didnt find a competent enough mech in Chennai to make it that reliable.

The love for the RD is just mad and cant be explained.

I'm not sure about the part of Dhoni owning "6" RD's but I do know for a fact that he keeps specifying that despite owning a couple of other imports, he has a soft corner for his RD. And this info is not from the press or media but from one of MSD's good pals who's also a cricketer from Chennai.
Old 28th March 2010, 19:58   #6
BHPian

Yes Dhoni has 6 RD's. Lucky guy. He has many more Imported Stuff. Truely a Bike Lover!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, there is information that, he lets them to be ridden by his friends occasionally to keep the bikes fit and running. Generosity - But he's hardly got time to even drive his many Cars.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous RD 350's
looks spanking new in Black.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
er, aargee i'm not too sure...I've had an RD in bone stock form but given a chance I would have 3 more in different stages of mod. I know a fellow Chennai biker who had spent over 2.5 lakhs on modding his RD. His bike had the looks AND the power to go with it but sadly didnt find a competent enough mech in Chennai to make it that reliable.
I agree with you on the part of 3 different stages of mod, given the possibility on availability of parts, I too would like to have 2 of them, one running on bone stock & other one with ported, chambers, iridium & flatslides & probably another one with loads of style. IMO, having 6 of them is like collection rather than passion. Again, any vintage car/motorcycle collector would definetly have 1 or 2 of the same model & make but not 6 or 7 of them right?

Anyway those are personal interests & I just voiced out my opinion.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:38   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

All I can say is, Dhoni has taste. Even with a wallet that allows any superbike in the world, he still brought an immaculate RD350 home. This bike is an Indian icon and the memories of high-revving a raw RD stay ingrained in my soul. I mean, anyone can buy an R1. Just how often do you see an enthusiast riding a pristine RD350!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 15:31   #10
BHPian

awesome prince of wheels !!! he finds time to get these bikes and maintain too, respect you bro...dhoni
Old 30th March 2010, 18:46   #11
BHPian

SWEET!!
great to see that even with such wealth, he still loves the, err relatively simple pleasures of the RD350!! true signs of a being a proper biking enthusiast i must say!! hes got the biking collection to die for according to me, from RD's to a Ducati 1098 (S?)!!
way to go MSD!!
Old 30th March 2010, 18:49   #12
BHPian

But I wonder whether he'll be able to ride it in peace; his security will be following him in other vehicles, probably riding pillion too!!
Old 30th March 2010, 22:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am not at all a fan of game of cricket nor do I follow great deal of it. But, I am a fan of Dhoni. This guy is really nice. His motorcycles collection apart, he is always seen smiling and jovial and appears well-behaving. Never losing his cool, unlike some of his teammates.

Now coming to motorcycles, it is really so gentle of him to be spending his time and money ( well, 2/3 lakhs is hardly any money for him) on this old legend RD350. More so in these present times when one has so many to choose from. And with all the money he has, he can buy any stock bike off the showroom form any part of the world. Yet, he chooses RD. Hats off to him!

Well, what about John Abraham? I always take both these names in the same sentence. If, Dhoni is the gentlest guy of the cricket world, John is the gentlest guy of the movie world, same warm smile and gentle behaviour. I am sure he must be having an RD, too. More so because he is a brand ambassador for Yamaha.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:52   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Reason - it takes so much of pain rebuilding any bike with availability of parts, then you could imagine about a motorcycle that is no longer in production & has no availability of parts from the manufacturer.
dont take it as offence bro but I think even if he is doing so for show off then its well for the bike,better than a bike getting rusted somewhere.I have always had the passion for this beast,just that never had the time and money for it.
one question to Mr Dhoni-Sir,can I get one of these beasts,please!
Old 31st March 2010, 13:57   #15
BANNED

Only RD owner can feel the fun of having RD.And yes Dhoni has got multiple RD's as last month someone was about to get never ridden RD's from Kolkata Police head quarters and all n sudden MSD swipped them .
Cant comment on his restoration job as i feel Bangalore is the place to restore the RD whether its cosmatically or engine wise.
Very soon i'll be updating my almost 2 year old thread of proquoring RD, spares, emotional breakdowns and all up n downs i went through all these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks