Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 22:17   #16
BHPian

Really shocking that no deliveries even after 6 months since it was launched.
Old 25th May 2010, 23:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Really shocking that no deliveries even after 6 months since it was launched.
I think its something to do with the RTO approvals. Could be the Euro IV issue. Will get to know tomorrow. I read pretty decent reviews on the scooter. Think will take test ride and decide. So its Activa, Access and Wego.
Old 26th May 2010, 00:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

that sounds strange as the deliveries have started for wego, here in Nagpur.Though not many out on the streets.
Old 26th May 2010, 00:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

TVS has production capacity problems if I remember a recent article I read correctly. Additionally to Launch Jive and Wego at the same time is a feat. Lets not forget how RTR is a runaway hit. But yes TVS is missing a huge opportunity here with Yamaha and LML on the heels for launching a new scoot. Also heart Peugeot is coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I was referring to the former. TVS (or any other 2 wheeler maker) not able to beat Honda. I wanted to Wego but it wasn't launched when I bought my Dio. It came after I got the delivery of my Dio. I have never felt so Humilated or lost in a sea of people in a showroom where there is no one to ask you to sit or to offer you a glass of water.

To describe what happens at most 2 wheeler showrooms after you walk in:

Company Name XYZ: (Her Honda, TVS, Bajaj)

Sales Exec: Yes, sir?
individual: Pulsar/CBZ/Flame hai?

Sales Exec: Have a seat sir...kya lenge? Tea or coffee

Honda Showroom

Sales Executive: You would be lucky to find one.
Individual: Shine
Sales Executive 20 days (Without offering you a seat or exchanging pleasanteries)
Individual: Activa
Sales Executive: 90 days minimum

and then starts talking like this " company se maal hi nahin aa raha hai" Or "Honda hai bhai, jaldi kaise milega"
I bought Mitsubishi Lancer sfxi over Honda City when the Idiotic salesperson claimed that the new City GX was more powerful and fun to drive than the OHC Vtec. In comparison the Mitsu dealer was atleast partially honest when saying 'sir, you wont need more than 87bhp. TD the car and see.' He did hide the fact that the 1.8 was coming out which I was more interested in.

An uncle I know used to get his Honda serviced in Baroda because the Ahmedabad dealer sucks big time. And I will be honest I have seen Honda being respected over all other brands on these forums not ong ago.

I bought Suzuki Access125 when the Punjab Honda guy replied I should buy the Activa over Suzuki Access because its Honda. Both dealers are owned by cousins but the quality of service differs.

And the day Honda threatened our government to shut shop and leave I knew It's one brand I will never have in my house.

I respect what TVS and Mahindra are doing in the 2-wheeler market. Bajaj on the other hand is totally concentrating on motorcycles.

Guess Indians love it when somebody belittles them and insults them.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 26th May 2010 at 00:17.
Old 26th May 2010, 01:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
And the day Honda threatened our government to shut shop and leave
This is the news to me ???? when did honda threatened our government. I do not see any threats to India if Honda shut its shop, except who bought honda product
Old 26th May 2010, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Google
Just click and see the links.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Its the attitude of the Honda dealers that is killing, not the company itself. No courtesy at all.

Hunt update: Access is available for delivery in a week or so from ABT Suzuki. TVS wego will be available from mid June only, confirmed with Prabha TVS and the Area office. They want to focus on the Jive now and major focus is on that line.

Activas are available with small local bike dealers. No idea how they operate. I assume the book in advance or have a truce with dealers. They have ready stock and prefer cash down or local "sethu" finance. Anyone has experience with these type of dealers?
Old 27th May 2010, 11:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

There are TVS Wegos on display in Pune on a showroom on Nagar Road bang opposite to Agakhan Palace. Looks mean with that Rhino face There are ad hoardings in quite a few places in and around Bundgarden road.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:43   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Available in bangalore

Wego is available in bangalore already. Have seen atleast 3 of them in HSR layout.

The new TVS showroom in HSR layout ( 27th main ) seems to have loads of them.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak;1823414I have never felt so Humilated or lost in a sea of people in a showroom where there is no one to ask you to sit or to offer you a glass of water.

To describe what happens at most 2 wheeler showrooms after you walk in:

[B
Company Name XYZ: (Her Honda, TVS, Bajaj)[/b]

Sales Exec: Yes, sir?
individual: Pulsar/CBZ/Flame hai?

Sales Exec: Have a seat sir...kya lenge? Tea or coffee

Honda Showroom

Sales Executive: You would be lucky to find one.
Individual: Shine
Sales Executive 20 days (Without offering you a seat or exchanging pleasanteries)
Individual: Activa
Sales Executive: 90 days minimum

and then starts talking like this " company se maal hi nahin aa raha hai" Or "Honda hai bhai, jaldi kaise milega"
surprisingly, you get the same attitude even in states comparing honda and other car dealers.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Went the top dealer in Chennai. They have the Wego since Feb, but no sales started yet. TVS hasnt approved the sale in Chennai. They want dealers to focus on the Jive and hence wait. June first week seems to be a possibility.

Spoke with the GM and he assured me that I will be the first person to be contacted when they start sales. Very courteous and friendly unlike Honda showrooms.

I didnt push for test drive. Seems like the Activa will have some competition if not tough. The quality seems to be good. But not in the Honda category. Switchgear didnt look appealing. Storage space is decent. Metal body looks nice. Tyres seems to have good grip, but alloys lack finish. Price is almost at par with others.

My hunt continues. The Access looks more promising now.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th May 2010 at 18:49.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

why not look at Mahindra's options. They have everything from a Women's scoot to men's scoot to a trendy gadget scoot. Being based on the SYM flyte is a good thing actually.

I suppose TVS wants to play safe with its entry into scoot segment. Or maybe they expect jive to corner the market and hence producing more of these than wego.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th May 2010 at 21:35.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
why not look at Mahindra's options.
Simple, service backup. The number of dealers are very less, same issue with Suzuki too. Nor have I heard great reviews on their range.

What is your over all feedback on the Access? Pros and Cons.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th May 2010 at 23:34.
Old 27th May 2010, 23:41   #29
BANNED

TVS Wego site is up from this month first.. In cochin it will be lauching this week..

TVS Wego - 110cc Scooter, An Automatic Unisex Scooter launched by TVS Motor
Old 28th May 2010, 00:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Access125 is absolute hoot to drive. Stable even at 80kmph. It zooms quickly on the streets of old Ahmedabad aided by excellent handling. Fuel efficiency is in the range of 40-45 but I am not complaining at all. The exhaust sounds superb. Only 2 dealers in Ahmedabad but I am yet to face an issue.

But I also test drove the Kinetic Flyte back then. It was more docile as a family vehicle. Kinetic's future was not clear then and it looked feminine hence voted out.

Here's Mahindra's dealership address. Check out their scoots before deciding on the access125.

SBG MOTOR SERVICES

A-47
ANNA NAGAR EAST
CHENNAI
600 102
044- 26221350

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks