Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 16:52   #31
BHPian

Jeez, TVS must be crazy to put the Jive ahead of the Wego in priority. Hope they get the Wego production online soon before other brands come in and make the competition tougher.
Old 8th July 2010, 20:42   #32
BHPian

Friends,

I'm considering this scooter for my sister. Does any know what is the kerb weight of this scooter? I cant find it anywhere. Also, is it available freely? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards!
Old 8th July 2010, 21:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Friends,

I'm considering this scooter for my sister. Does any know what is the kerb weight of this scooter? I cant find it anywhere. Also, is it available freely? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards!
The kerb weight as per the pdf here is 108 kgs.

And if you mean readily available by freely, check out in the showrooms of your area. Have seen 2-3 Wego's on road in Bangalore but not sure of the waiting period.
Old 8th July 2010, 21:35   #34
BHPian

I wonder if any team-BHPian has already got one. It'd be nice to see how it holds up against Honda.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:39   #35
BHPian

Was waiting for it in Dec 2009 when mrs had to buy a scoot. But no availability of wego meant activa/access/rodeo to choose from. Activa was out due to outdated suspension, ridiculous waiting periods. Dad already has an access from feb 2009, Mrs found it too big to handle and too bulky in size. Rodeo fit her perfectly. So far no hassles in rodeo, sometimes the odometer acts up funny and shows 0 always, reboot fixes it. Dealer (Aditya automation rajajinagar) was very courteous and helpful, service is okish.
I ride both rodeo and access on weekends sometimes (when am lazy to take out zma), i find access to be more refined and smooth, but BORING to ride. Rodeo is bit noisy and has grunt, gives the feel of riding a bike with it's amazing low end torque. Rodeo will find you throttle happy always Access is more of saner scoot. Rodeo has loads of under seat space due to front fuel tank (near foot rest) and has a neat little light there too.
Old 9th July 2010, 09:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Friends,

Regards!
+
96kgs kerb weight is what mentioned by TVS.
I have checked with dealer here who also confirm same.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
96kgs kerb weight is what mentioned by TVS.
I have checked with dealer here who also confirm same.
96kgs is even better. Light enough for ladies to zip thru in traffic infested roads.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:51   #38
BHPian

saw a lady driving a wego last week so i suppose its already launched. Looks good, but surprising part is there has been no advertisements or campaigns from TVS for their new product.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
96kgs is even better. Light enough for ladies to zip thru in traffic infested roads.
+

The weight of the Mahindra Flyte is 106 kgs.
so Wego seems lighter than Flyte
Old 9th July 2010, 12:54   #40
BHPian

I test drove wego, it is far better than activa in handling. In corners it didn't feel unstable thanks to front dual telescopic suspension and smart weight distribution.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I test drove wego, it is far better than activa in handling. In corners it didn't feel unstable thanks to front dual telescopic suspension and smart weight distribution.
I don't think it's the active that is the real target for the Wego. It's the Honda Aviator. Let's see how it's handling compares to the current benchmark.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just been in TVS dealer (something to talk about my TVS JIVE)
Have seen 9 wego lined up in the showroom. The white colour one looking smart and I liked the scooter. Only thing is that the plastic around the instrument panel gives a cheap look (should have been better plastic). The petorl tank lid is behind the seat (just top of the tail). Will that be comfortable for a fat pillion rider ( incase the seat is not sufficient, then probably he will be sitting on top/part of the fuel lid also?)
Old 10th July 2010, 12:05   #43
BHPian

though it looks like a good product
TVS is not doing enough to promote itmany dont even know that there is a alternate for Activa and Aviator
Old 10th July 2010, 19:28   #44
BHPian

It's a pity TVS going so lax on the Wego....
Old 11th July 2010, 10:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yes, seems TVS not giving much pubilicity /advertisements on these product which resulting not many aware of this scooter -already in the market. May be people will come to know more once they see these scooters on the road.?

Most Viewed