Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 11:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

I don't think TVS is going lax on the Wego - they are producing 15000 Wego's per month.
Old 11th July 2010, 11:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

TVS is expecting decent numbers from this scooter too, read somewhere. So they can't go lax on it for long.
It seems they are concentrating on the Jive first, since it competes in the bread and butter commuter motorcycle segment.
Once the Jive is settled, Wego ka number aayega!
Old 11th July 2010, 12:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

TVS came with broad ads(TV as well as News papers) for the JIVE whereas they kept little low profile about wego publicity. May be they do not want to market two products from them at a same time, one is clutchless and another one is gearless and give a chance to people to compare these two products. So probably they thought that let JIVE come first and get well spread in the market and then follow with WEGO? some kind of marketing strategy?
Old 11th July 2010, 14:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
TVS is expecting decent numbers from this scooter too, read somewhere. So they can't go lax on it for long.
It seems they are concentrating on the Jive first, since it competes in the bread and butter commuter motorcycle segment.
Once the Jive is settled, Wego ka number aayega!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
TVS came with broad ads(TV as well as News papers) for the JIVE whereas they kept little low profile about wego publicity. May be they do not want to market two products from them at a same time, one is clutchless and another one is gearless and give a chance to people to compare these two products. So probably they thought that let JIVE come first and get well spread in the market and then follow with WEGO? some kind of marketing strategy?
Well, they wanted the Jive to get the maximum attention, as it has created a new class for bikes in India - The clutchless and/or gearless bike.

That is why they delayed the production of the Wego. This way they would be able to get more Jive's on the road, to be able to capitalise, on this soon to be major segment.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

I haven't seen a single Wego in Hyderabad. The TVS dealer near my house was expecting to have a demo piece by mid-June, but even now he has not got it.

Too bad, TVS---when will you learn?
Old 11th July 2010, 14:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

As far as I see it, the Jive and Wego dont really have that big an overlapping market segment.

So they should have launched both with great fanfare, drawing all the people looking for convenient and easy motoring to their showroom.
Though there are a few newspaper ads , I havent seen a single commercial for the Wego on TV. The world cup would have been great platform for launch too.
Old 12th July 2010, 09:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Jive to get the maximum attention, as it has created a new class for bikes in India - The clutchless and/or gearless bike.
Just for information, JIVE is Clutchless bike with GEARS (not 100pct Gearless). One need to shift gears as in the case of other bikes. But Jive can be moved in any gear without any jerking /knocking of the engine,however it is not recommended by TVS.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:01   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the first time I hear about this. Looks nice esp the wheels

Never seen one on the road!
Old 12th July 2010, 10:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
+
96kgs kerb weight is what mentioned by TVS.
I have checked with dealer here who also confirm same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The kerb weight as per the pdf here is 108 kgs.

And if you mean readily available by freely, check out in the showrooms of your area. Have seen 2-3 Wego's on road in Bangalore but not sure of the waiting period.
@abhinav.s & @nairrk : Thanks for the reply. But I really doubt if the weight of the scooter is 96kg. Scooty streak already weights 96 kg with ABS body. Wego with metal body should be much more than that, may be close to what abhinav has pointed out [around 108 kg]. Can anyone gone to the showroom, confirm this please?

REgards!

Last edited by nithi : 12th July 2010 at 10:19.
Old 12th July 2010, 10:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This is the first time I hear about this. Looks nice esp the wheels

Never seen one on the road!
+
Are you talking about the bike 'JIVE'? or WEGO?
If about Jive, I own this bike, and for more details go to my ownership thread!
Old 12th July 2010, 18:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Just for information, JIVE is Clutchless bike with GEARS (not 100pct Gearless). One need to shift gears as in the case of other bikes. But Jive can be moved in any gear without any jerking /knocking of the engine,however it is not recommended by TVS.
I did say "Clutchless and/or gearless".
Old 14th July 2010, 19:55   #57

I test drove the Wego in Bangalore today, and i have to say i am impressed with the ride. It was really smooth and planted, even on bumps, the suspension really takes it quite well. And the seat too, really softens up bumps when u hit them. Braking too was good. Acceleration was decent, and the engine is really really refined for a scooter.

the weights around 100-109kg, i guess. But it's really good. pity they have not marketed it more extravagantly. :(
Old 15th July 2010, 09:30   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesign View Post

the weights around 100-109kg, i guess. But it's really good. pity they have not marketed it more extravagantly. :(
+
imo, more ads about this scooter will be coming soon as today have seen big half page ad on a regional news paper. It may follow to other news papers too?
Old 1st August 2010, 21:22   #59

I got myself a black Wego!, and i do not regret it! (since my original plan was to get a Dio).

And about the ads in the newspaper, still a lot of my friends never heard of it until i bought it up. When I first test drove the Wego, there were barely 3-6 of them in the showroom. But when it came time to collect mine, There were nearly 10-15 of them all arranged neatly outside. I have already seen a steady increaBase of the number of Wegos on Bangalore roads.

And about it fairing against either the Honda Activa or Dio, Honda have had these two products in the market for a long time, and have made their mark. I sure hope TVS will make improvements to the Wego's engine, so that maybe, a later revision of the Wego can beat the Activa at it's top speed ( since this is where the Wego fails to out-do the Activa.)

But bottom line, it's a great scooter. The 'Body Balance' Tech really eases out wobbles of carrying a pillion.
Old 2nd August 2010, 05:06   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesign View Post
I got myself a black Wego!, and i do not regret it! (since my original plan was to get a Dio).

And about the ads in the newspaper, still a lot of my friends never heard of it until i bought it up. When I first test drove the Wego, there were barely 3-6 of them in the showroom. But when it came time to collect mine, There were nearly 10-15 of them all arranged neatly outside. I have already seen a steady increaBase of the number of Wegos on Bangalore roads.

And about it fairing against either the Honda Activa or Dio, Honda have had these two products in the market for a long time, and have made their mark. I sure hope TVS will make improvements to the Wego's engine, so that maybe, a later revision of the Wego can beat the Activa at it's top speed ( since this is where the Wego fails to out-do the Activa.)

But bottom line, it's a great scooter. The 'Body Balance' Tech really eases out wobbles of carrying a pillion.
Why don't you put out a full review of this wonderful scooter. It's about the only one that can take the fight to Honda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks