Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:22   #61
Senior - BHPian

@thesign
Congratulations buying the Wego.
I too have seen more and more wego coming into the dealer in our place (whenever I pass through that shop, I could see the lined up wego's in front of the shop which gives a good sight) and once I asked him about the sales of wego which he said 'very good demand' (I know the guy since I bought a JIVE from them couple of months back).
Anyway seems a good scooter - enjoy riding!!
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:36   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Why don't you put out a full review of this wonderful scooter. It's about the only one that can take the fight to Honda.
Sure, I have been searching all round for a good review, before i bought the Wego, but it was so hard finding one good solid article. I'll work on it right now, and write what all i know
Old 19th August 2010, 10:10   #63
BHPian

Hi everybody my brother in law bought a white color wego couldnt resist sharing
Attached Thumbnails
Wego - Where did it go?-dsc001191.jpg  

Wego - Where did it go?-dsc001201.jpg  

Wego - Where did it go?-dsc001211.jpg  

Old 19th August 2010, 13:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Why do I feel that most of the TVS products are first designed for Indonesia and then they think - Oh! let's sell this to Indians as well!

Wego is nice, but looks like a straight import out of their Indonesia plant (if they are making it there).

OT: Why not try and bring the NEO.
Old 22nd August 2010, 05:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi everybody my brother in law bought a white color wego couldnt resist sharing
Simply, stunning. Can you ask him about OTR price, cost of accessories, service schedules etc?
Old 29th September 2010, 12:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Why do I feel that most of the TVS products are first designed for Indonesia and then they think - Oh! let's sell this to Indians as well!

Wego is nice, but looks like a straight import out of their Indonesia plant (if they are making it there).

OT: Why not try and bring the NEO.
TVS does not sell gearless scooters in Indonesia. It only sells the Neo, Rockz (both scoobek/bebek) and the Apache there. Wego is a made in and for INDIA product.

Last edited by athalaga : 29th September 2010 at 13:00.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

I think white colour is in great demand (and looks attractve also).
Yesterday I went to my area tvs showroom and there I have seen 12 white coulour wego's are kept in a line (waiting for the respective buyer to take delivery). And the waiting time is now increased to 20/25 days!!
Old 6th October 2010, 16:28   #68
BHPian

Ill be taking delivery of a white colour wego day after tomorrow (8th oct). On-road price came to Rs 52,600 (including road tax, accessory package of Rs 2100, insurance etc). Even though Its for my wife, Im waiting to get my hands on it.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:35   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Ill be taking delivery of a white colour wego day after tomorrow (8th oct). On-road price came to Rs 52,600 (including road tax, accessory package of Rs 2100, insurance etc). Even though Its for my wife, Im waiting to get my hands on it.
Could you please tell which accessories were included in the pack, and what do you think is recommended while buying a wego, e.g. crash guard, teflon coating etc.
Old 6th October 2010, 18:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!! Please do share with us the pricing details and what accessories you have gotten.
Old 6th October 2010, 21:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Could you please tell which accessories were included in the pack, and what do you think is recommended while buying a wego, e.g. crash guard, teflon coating etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Congrats!! Please do share with us the pricing details and what accessories you have gotten.
The major things are those protective guards lining the edges of Wego. The whole set covers the front and rear. It even covers the side indicators in front, which is awkward (I believe). Planning to remove the guards after one or two months. And yes it includes teflon coating too. But, in my home town, teflon coating = waxoyl coating/wax polish. I don't think there will be genuine Dupont Teflon.
Other things like mats, hand grip, seat covers, ladies grip etc are included. avi550m & smashnerd, I'l post more details after I receive the vehicle. At first we had booked a cappuccino brown wego, but once we saw white wegos, it was love at first sight. I'l be posting pics soon.
Old 7th October 2010, 11:07   #72
BHPian

Why would someone buy a wego? Just because activa/access are on long wait list? or the TVS is genuinely better than the Japanese?
Old 7th October 2010, 11:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Why would someone buy a wego? Just because activa/access are on long wait list? or the TVS is genuinely better than the Japanese?
Granted, the Activa/Access are good products, but there is nothing wrong with the Wego as well. While it may be a stretch to say that it is much better, it is at least as good as the Japanese products.

Also, Honda has done itself no favours by not upgrading the Activa comprehensively in the past few years. The Wego definitely rides better than the Activa (I know since I TD it on Bangalore roads). It has decent grunt, and is quite refined as well. And you do get, for around the same price, things which you would pay extra for in the Activa (like the Front Storage Box).

Last edited by avi550m : 7th October 2010 at 11:41.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Good demand for Wego everywhere. In the begining, the waiting in my area was around 10 days which is now gone beyond 20/25 days which means more bookings and short supply from TVS. It is evident that the scooter is liked by people hence such demand?!
Old 8th October 2010, 18:42   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I'l post more details after I receive the vehicle. At first we had booked a cappuccino brown wego, but once we saw white wegos, it was love at first sight. I'l be posting pics soon.
Looking forward to a report and pics of your brand new wego . Could you please include the following aspects:
1. Engine pickup
2. Refinement
3. Practicality
4. Comfort (Size of seat and Ride quality)
5. Maneuverability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks