Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 14:54   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Why would someone buy a wego? Just because activa/access are on long wait list? or the TVS is genuinely better than the Japanese?
Honda products are good. But, I felt wego has a upper hand than activa in many aspects. I have used new generation activa for more than a month. Was not so satisfied with the performance of the new activa. Hence i went on with wego.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Looking forward to a report and pics of your brand new wego . Could you please include the following aspects:
1. Engine pickup
2. Refinement
3. Practicality
4. Comfort (Size of seat and Ride quality)
5. Maneuverability
Sure avi550m. Recieved the scooter yesterday. Went for a 50km ride (me+wife). Planning for a detailed report. I think Ill be able to post it by Monday. One hint I can give. My wife says, back seat comfort of wego is better than my Honda Unicorn . We are happy.
Old 16th October 2010, 16:49   #77
BHPian

Still awaiting a report on your new wego drdeepudev. I think you would have a good report to now give us with a week of ownership.
Old 16th October 2010, 17:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

Wego demand seems increased. The waiting period in our area now gone to minimum one month !!
Old 19th October 2010, 14:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Wego demand seems increased. The waiting period in our area now gone to minimum one month !!
Bad advertising? I dont remember seeing any TV or magazine ad even. I never knew this existed when I was bike/scooter hunting.

Hope the owners do updates us.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

yes, not much advertsing from TVS!
Anyway, presently the scooter is in good demand hence they may not be much worried about more advertising for the time being!
Old 19th October 2010, 19:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Bad advertising? I dont remember seeing any TV or magazine ad even. I never knew this existed when I was bike/scooter hunting.

Hope the owners do updates us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
yes, not much advertsing from TVS!
Anyway, presently the scooter is in good demand hence they may not be much worried about more advertising for the time being!
I too was not knowing such a scooter existed. I saw it for the first time in showroom only. In Aleppey also, the sales are increasing. You can see my wego here.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...went-wego.html
Old 1st November 2010, 19:03   #82
BHPian

Just spoke to Lotus TVS, in Erode. They do not have any Wego's with them yet and don't know when it will be available. Asked me to call by this month end (Nov 2010). Let's hope TVS's Mr.Venu Srinivasan is reading TBHP too.

I think this is the right time to launch Wego and grab the market share from Honda Activa/Aviator (Honda is screaming in newspapers asking people to wait!). If I am right, Ford is bullish, and cashing in with their 10 days delivery period for Diesel Figo in Chennai (My ex-manager booked a Petrol Figo, then changed the booking to Diesel Figo and got the delivery in 10 days). Now I understand how so many Figo's are delivered daily at Anna Salai MPL Ford. :-)
Old 1st November 2010, 20:27   #83
BHPian

Somehow the Activa AD in the paper didnt seem very appealing . Rather than trying to convince people to wait for a scooter which they claim is oh ! so special , they should offer some benefit to a customer who pays booking amount and waits patiently for a period of 4-5 months . The dealers should be instructed specifically to address customers with respect . The wait periods are another issue altogether but the dealers treating the customer badly is a big turn off . Am not taking the scooter for free , I am paying for it too . Just because you have volumes , you cannot treat customers like garbage . Nano had volumes too but TATA offerent interest on the booking amounts . We're not expecting lakhs in returns for thousands but atleast FAKE smiles from the sales staff "Jhoota hee sahi " .

I contrast my Wego purchase was very swift . The TVS guys wanted to achieve numbers . They went out of their way to get my registration done as quickly as possible . My loan formalities and registration and delivery was done in flat 3 days . Now thats what am talking about . Am WEGO is absolute BLISS . Its so smooth and I would never regret buying a WEGO . I love it .
Old 17th December 2010, 23:23   #84
BHPian

Re: Wego - Where did it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
that sounds strange as the deliveries have started for wego, here in Nagpur.Though not many out on the streets.
Hi, where do you stay in Nagpur? I have recently been transferred to this city. And today I have taken delivery of a black TVS Wego from Indrayani Motors at Narendranagar
Old 13th January 2011, 16:56   #85
BHPian

What is the mileage of Wego .. after say 1000 kms of usage.. any updates from users
Old 10th March 2011, 19:27   #86

Hello Sir

I just got my WEGO from TVS Chennai 10 days ago..Performance is splendid.. demand growing..Jus go thro my small review:

Plus points:

-A delight to ride for both youth and old, Excellent riding comfort
-Attaining 60 kmph max speed with more comfort!! Not tried beyond
since vehicle just 2 weeks old
-Front and rear suspension wonderful ... bumpy roads no more bothersome
-Assured mileage of 45 kms / lr in Chennai for normal users (occasionally
speeding beyond economy zone and 75% ride solo without pillion rider)
-Helmet secure hooks under seats are excellent and pretty novel feature.
In all the scooter can accommodate 3 helmets ... one under the seat and
2 others can hang on hooks on either side!!
-Combo charger not yet introduced in Chennai
-Storage, design, pickup, headlights, rear lights, indicators, twilight lights
all superb
-Low noise engine (except little engine hum and minute howl characteristic
of 4 stroke engine are visible)
-Body balance unique and unprecedented in this class..negotiates curves
and bends effortlessly
-Centre stand amzingly easy and takes no strain.. a point to note for ladies
and seniors

Areas Wanting:

-Could have provided one more hook under the seat and a tool box slot too
-No brake locks provided in brake lever like old activa
-Little apprehensive whether rain water spill into petrol tank which is rather
directly exposed to raindrops. Can someone give feed back on this issue?
No fuel tank lid-cover like splendor provided
-Rear mudguards are flimsy and due to side shields design, exposed to
touch and go traffic and should be watchful to avoid being hit from rear in thick traffic.

PS : I had Honda Activa since 2002 (which is best in class & proven) but got a better ride in this all Indian scooter now, which is a pride to Indian Scooter
Old 10th March 2011, 20:16   #87
BHPian

Congrats veejayyes on your wego. Please don't rip her till you reach, say atleast 1000km. My wego has crossed 3500 km. Please update about the behavior of front shocks in potholes. I always make sure to use kicker lever with choke pulled during cold starts (mornings). So far, no problem as such. Expecting a dedicated thread from you. Maintain her well.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:29   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Congrats veejayyes on your wego. Please don't rip her till you reach, say atleast 1000km. My wego has crossed 3500 km. Please update about the behavior of front shocks in potholes. I always make sure to use kicker lever with choke pulled during cold starts (mornings). So far, no problem as such. Expecting a dedicated thread from you. Maintain her well.
Thanks for your comments drdeepudev.. As you have pointed out I could just feel the hit of front wheel up the forearms and at the core of the forks whenever the scooter's front shocks rebound throug a rough and sharp pot hole (not a shallow undulatory one) or a rough man-whole not properly finished in edges etc. The back shocks are just top class and damps all great shocks. I take extreme care to maintin the speed within 40 to 45kms and get steady mileage of 45 kms and very occassionally I am forced to stray onto 50km or more when accleration is wanting on speeding traffic roads. My 1st service is done.. Usual mandatory & meticulous check by TVS, oil change and tuning. The vehicle is silky smooth.

I havenot used choke eversince I bought the scooter. The engine starts at first buttor-start. Probably Chennai is not so cold from March through September.

Thanks and keep posting your valuable feedback on performance of your WEGO

-vjs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks