Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 21:39   #1
BHPian

Booking the STD 350 UCE NOW...!

Hear Hear...!

RE has started accepting bookings for the STD UCE 350 now. I booked mine today. I miss the CI though. This UCE block has some muffled sound from the unit itself. Gone are the days when the only thing you heard while idling was the sweet low thump. Sigh. I would, however, go with the STD anyday than have other wannabes be it the Electra or Thunderbird. Sorry guys but the Classic doesn't do it for me either.
Old 6th April 2010, 01:46   #2
BHPian

Been to the RE Showroom on Saturday. Expected delivery time for Classic 500 is 6 months, Classic 350 booked for 2010, earliest time of next booking is Dec. 2010. Looked at the Electra TwinSpark and STD Twinspark. Did not like the sound. The only thing that sounds sweet, atleast right now is the TBTS. IMHO.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
Hear Hear...!

RE has started accepting bookings for the STD UCE 350 now. I booked mine today. I miss the CI though. This UCE block has some muffled sound from the unit itself. Gone are the days when the only thing you heard while idling was the sweet low thump. Sigh. I would, however, go with the STD anyday than have other wannabes be it the Electra or Thunderbird. Sorry guys but the Classic doesn't do it for me either.
how much was it on road ?
Old 6th April 2010, 22:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Around 88k in Delhi.

Sounds weird, slightly different from the CL 350. I might be mistaken though.

Feel nahi aayi

Old 7th April 2010, 19:57   #5
BHPian

Hey.
Can you please post some pictures of the the UCE std350 ?
Old 8th April 2010, 19:56   #6
BHPian

STD UCE was shown in Auto Expo at Delhi

The pics are from Team BHP only. Do not remember the link. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Booking the STD 350 UCE NOW...!-std350uce-1.jpg  

Booking the STD 350 UCE NOW...!-std350uce.jpg  

Old 9th April 2010, 20:25   #7
BHPian

What a 'Standard' with left-side gear
Fix a fuel tank monogram and call it 'Standard'. Bravo to RE logic!!!

Last edited by Leepower : 9th April 2010 at 20:37.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:44   #8
BHPian

Difference
between STD and ELECTRA:

Electric Start (can't be retrofitted)
Disc Brake (can be retrofitted)
Front Shocks
Stupid engraving on the tank

STD UCE was not available for a test ride, so tried a classic 350. One was in the showroom though. Remember the good ol' days when you pumped the bullet and all you could hear was the sweet low heart beats from the exhaust?

Gone are the days... There is some strange hissing sound from the engine block which strangely explained is the auto decompressor.

I will, however, take the STD looks anyday if I don't have a choice for the heart. Every thing except CL500 has the same heart now. I won't prefer an Electra over STD looks for a Electric Start.
Old 9th April 2010, 20:49   #9
BHPian

On road price Hyderabad for STD 350 UCE:

INR 95656

Book it for INR 10000
Old 9th April 2010, 23:37   #10
BHPian

STD UCE does not have a Electric Start ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
Difference
between STD and ELECTRA:

Electric Start (can't be retrofitted)
Disc Brake (can be retrofitted)
Front Shocks
Stupid engraving on the tank

STD UCE was not available for a test ride, so tried a classic 350. One was in the showroom though. Remember the good ol' days when you pumped the bullet and all you could hear was the sweet low heart beats from the exhaust?

Gone are the days... There is some strange hissing sound from the engine block which strangely explained is the auto decompressor.

I will, however, take the STD looks anyday if I don't have a choice for the heart. Every thing except CL500 has the same heart now. I won't prefer an Electra over STD looks for a Electric Start.
Dude,
You are saying that the STD UCE does not have an electric start? This is quite surprising considering that the engine is the same as Electra or the TBTS. Any reason why electric start cannot be fitted?

Subu.
Old 10th April 2010, 02:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subushady View Post
Dude,
You are saying that the STD UCE does not have an electric start? This is quite surprising considering that the engine is the same as Electra or the TBTS. Any reason why electric start cannot be fitted?

Subu.
Logic defeats me. May be it is the last bid to preserve the STD legacy. Kick to bring it alive... Who knows...?
Old 10th April 2010, 17:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subushady View Post
Dude,

Subu.
Reason: Primary cases are different for the ES and KS models. Look at the picture closely. The electric start, which sits just behind the cylinder is absent on the STD350.

To retrofit a electric start, both the primary and the gearbox casing will have to be changed, which is quite a bit of complication. IMHO, bullets are better with the KS as it is pretty easy to kick start the UCEs.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 10th April 2010, 17:29   #13
BHPian

Guys .

This is some marketing funda ... something known as market segmentation and postioning. Vehicle manufacturer's do it all the time one way or the other.

For instance Innova sales really picked up and became a rage only after the qualis was stopped.

Every body does it.

Cheers!
Old 14th April 2010, 17:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Reason: Primary cases are different for the ES and KS models. Look at the picture closely. The electric start, which sits just behind the cylinder is absent on the STD350.

To retrofit a electric start, both the primary and the gearbox casing will have to be changed, which is quite a bit of complication. IMHO, bullets are better with the KS as it is pretty easy to kick start the UCEs.

Cheers,

Jay
I second that. It's damn easy to kickstart my electra twinspark first thing in the morning. This is the reason why i didn't go for ES. Plus ES has its maintenance issues. Keep it simple and ol' school..that's my mantra. I'm enjoying it. No regrets here.
Old 14th April 2010, 22:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
What a 'Standard' with left-side gear
Fix a fuel tank monogram and call it 'Standard'. Bravo to RE logic!!!
Is it really on the left now? No right side version?

Most Viewed