Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 10:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vihaan Honda, Thane dealership experience.

Hi Guys,

Me and my wife were looking out to buy a gearless scooter for my wife's daily commute and were looking for both used as well as new scooters. Thats when Honda opened their second dealership in Thane on Ghodbunder Road. We decided to check out the new Activa. We had the long waiting period issue of Honda in the back of our minds but still decided to give it a try.
When we had gone to the showroom there was no vehicle available for test ride and neither were there any brochures of new Activa. All they had was Dio's brochures and other bikes brochures. I had written my first experience in the Gearless scooter thread. I noted down the couple of things which irritated me and wrote to Honda on their website. Within a couple of days I recd a call from Mr Vikas Kashyap who was in the Reginal division, Pune and I appraised him of the issue which I faced. Immediately a day after I recd a call from Vihaan Honda for test drive. They brought the Activa Deluxe model to my residence and my wife took the test drive and immediately wanted me to book the vehicle. On 17th March 2010, I booked the vehicle Activa Deluxe and gave an option of either Silver or Grey colour with more emphasis on silver. The dealer director Mr Suresh repeatedly assured that he would do his best to deliver the vehicle within 20-25 days as against their standard delivery period of 90 days. The total cost told to me at that time was Rs 51786/-.
After waiting for about 20 days I again called Vihaan Honda regarding the delivery and was told that it would take atleast 15 days more which was contradicting the promises made by the Director. Had a word with the director and Mr Vikas again and they assured me a fast delivery. On 6th April I made a second visit to the dealer and after waiting for 1 hr I was told that a Silver Honda Activa was alloted to me and that I should make the balance payment so that the vehicle can go for registration, the new cost was Rs 51855 after April 1st. The next day I paid the balance amount and also asked them to add the buzzer, Honda cover and Under body coating as accessories. The total OTR would be Rs 52946/-
On 11th April I reached the showroom to collect the delivery of the vehicle. The odo meter already read 14 kms. Completed the documentation formality. Learnt that the insurance is from Oriental Insurance as against Iffco Tokio which was told during booking. There was no warranty card provided for the underbody coating which I insisted and the dealer arranged it from his workshop. The anti rust was from 3M and warranty for 5 years. I checked the vehicle, matched the chassis no, checked the operations of all dashboard indicators. My wife took a small spin and found the buzzer not installed. Got that installed. Only 1/2 ltr petrol was provided by dealer with justification saying that the petrol pump was exactly opposite the road. Thanked everyone at Vihaan and took the delivery of the vehicle.
First thing got the petrol filed at BPCL pump opp to the dealer and my wife drove her new possession home with me following in our four wheeler.
All in all a good experince at Vihaan Honda

Last edited by bblost : 12th April 2010 at 10:44. Reason: More of smileys restricted to 2 per post. Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 10:54   #2
BHPian

Congrats to your wife for her new bike. Wish her many more miles of happy biking
Old 12th April 2010, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. a good experience at the dealer albeit a few hiccups. Much better than the unsatisfying experiences narrated in t-bhp!! Congrats on the bike and a fairly good dealership experience

Last edited by abhinav.s : 12th April 2010 at 17:45.
Old 16th November 2010, 16:30   #4

Vihaan Honda Thane West

Not all well with them.

I bought Honda Activa from Vihaan Honda, Thane (W).
Since I am from Andheri, I requested them to register my vehical from Andheri which they readily agreed.
1st goof up: The Andheri RTO requires purchaser to be present at RTO at the time of registration. Vihaan Honda sent the vehical but the octroi paper sent was incorrect, so the registration couldn't happen. Vihaan have to send the vehical again to Andheri RTO from Thane the next day.
2nd goof up: At the time of delivery, they gave me the activa, everything was going smoothly. In the test ride, there was some sound coming from front which I brought to their notice and they said no it's common. (It is now corrected by people at Jogeshwari service centre, the main part is they were experinced enough to fix in minutes). I happily took the vehical and went to petrol pump opposite to show room and made the tank full as I need to take the vehical to Andheri. There one person from showroom came running and asked me to go to showroom again only to know that they gave me wrong vehical. Then they switch the number plates and petrol and gave me the vehical which was rightfully mine. what if I would have ride it to Andheri?
3rd goof up: After some days, I noticed that on paper the number was 'BU' whereas on number plate it was 'AU' I called up them and enquired and came to know that I am riding the vehical with wrong number. So went to Number plate vendor and got it corrected. What if I would have caught somewhere with wrong number?
4th goof up: I took delivery in July and still I am following up with them for RC book. Everyday new person responds on call without having knowledge about the issue. In the background you heard some lady saying (in marathi) 'parva pasun pakvtoy'. I mean I don't have any answered.

Do I need to call them if they provide me with required documents?
Don't I have any good work then talking to these guys?
I am hopefull in some days I will get the my documents and that too the correct one.

All the best to guys buying vehicals from Vihaan Honda
Old 17th November 2010, 09:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

@manish,

Sad to know you had to go through the ordeal of getting the correct vehicle then the number and all those goof ups.

Have you spoken to Mr Suresh of Vihaan. He is the director (or the owner, not too sure). if you need I can PM you his mobile no.

One more suggestion, do write to Honda about your buying experiece on their website, I hope you too will receive a prompt response as I had got when I wrote to them. Hopefully Honda might take some action against Vihaan.

BTW what colour of you Activa and what was the OTR cost?
Old 26th November 2010, 12:44   #6

Yes definately I am going to put the experiance on Honda Site. I am hoping they will learn some lesson in cusomer service.
I took purple colour as most of the time it will be driven by my wife...but I should agree the colour suites me too -
It cost me around 53K OTR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks