Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Candy Orange Suzuki GS 100R -- 6th Gear --

This is my first thread in Team-BHP regarding something useful and i hope my thread provides some insights into the Biking Zone from a novice who has no technical knowledge except for what my heart says.
Ok first of all i had a Maruthi Esteem 2002 Limited edition which was like the best car on the planet for me, but the year 2008 proved to be a worst financial year for me, so had to sell my ride. Then had to buy some vehicle for my commuting in the city for daily office. So got a Scooty Pep+ which was a decent vehicle for Chennai city traffic. But transition from a Esteem to Scooty, you can imagine the kind of frustration i must have gone through, but what to do, i had to adjust with the ongoing problems with my life. then all was well and suddenly the year 2010 come along with lots of surprises for me. First of all my financial status got improved, got a promotion in office, then out of no where my wedding got fixed. Yes guys am getting married in 4 days from now April 18 am getting married.

So now I had to get a better ride, man you can imagine how it will be for me riding in a scooty with my wife, this was the horrible thing I can imagine. I had to have a decent ride when I get married. So planned to get a new ride. Now comes the tough part, selecting which bike to buy, man this is the toughest part in anyone’s life today, as there are my so many brands with so many labels. Now I was very confused initially on which segment to go for, 100cc , 110cc, 125cc, 135cc, 150cc, 180cc or the above 200cc. Then started to think logically, I am going to be family man so wanted a decent looking bike with decent FE. So straight away narrowed it down to the 150cc’s. Did’nt even think of going below this cc or above

Now comes the selection of which 150cc bike. The list was very huge like Pulsar, Unicorn, Fazer, Apache, CBZ-Xtreme, GS150R and the list goes on.

Now form the list I narrowed it down to two bikes the Unicorn and the GS 150R for very simple reason, my friends have unicorn and am just hearing so much good things about this bike, So I test drove the unicorn first and just loved the bike for its pure silence and the Honda brand and I was pretty sure I am going to buy this bike for sure. Then suddenly the GS150R crossed my head when one of colleague in office test drove it and was strongly recommending buying this one instead of unicorn. Now I was in real confusion and was searching the Team-BHP for solution and still I was not sure which one to opt for. As I am not that much technical savvy into bike mechanism or anything I just had to choose in what my heart wants instead of my head. Then I went to test drive the bike yesterday in ABT Two Wheel in Nandhanam, Chennai.

First look into the Suzuki GS 150R I was in love with this monster, yes guys you hear me correct, this bike is a monster, man this bike was huge, I mean very huge. Don’t know if am feeling this since am upgrading from a scooty or what, but this bike definitely captured my heart away from the unicorn at first look. Then test drove it, believe me guys this bike is a pleasure to ride, with 6 gears to press on, wow the test drive was just great. The speedo was another killer, wow all in all I just liked this bike. This bike even had some dual mode like Economy mode and Power Mode. Overall it seemed to be a good package. Next was to Google about this bike and I found so much good things about this bike. So made up mind and stopped enquiring more as it will only lead to more confusion, all my heart wanted now was Suzuki GS 150R.

Bike selected – Suzuki GS 150R
Colour – Candy Orange
Status – Booked
Price – Rs 67,800 (After Rs2000 discount from dealer)

Waiting to ride it in the Chennai ECR where i enjoy the 6th gear effectivly

Sorry for the long story.

Candy Orange Suzuki GS 100R -- 6th Gear ---suzukigs150r7.jpg

To Mods: If posted in the worng section please move it to the right one. Thanx And please do change the Title as GS 150R. Sorry

Last edited by jp2u : 13th April 2010 at 21:50.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:46   #2
BHPian

@jp2u: Congratulations Friend, Nice purchase. Candy orange is simply beautiful, Instrument Cluster looks great. Also the thread title reads GS100R, the bike is GS150R right?

Enjoy, Drive safe.

Edit: Best Wishes to both of You .

Last edited by mnhegde : 13th April 2010 at 21:53.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:52   #3
BHPian

@mnhegde: Still waiting for the delivery, will post pics as soon as i get the 150R and thanks for wishes
Old 13th April 2010, 22:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the bike and the wedding. Wish you a happy and prosperous life ahead.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:08   #5
BANNED

GS150R is a good bike and I believe that you have made the right choice. Congrats for the bike and the wedding.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2010, 14:22   #6
BHPian

Congrats buddy! The candy orange looks good on the bike. When are you getting your bike btw?

Ps. Wishing you a very happy married life.

Cartman.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks