Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 22:21   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
My LB is from 2nd lot, so far no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
I agree, Even my LB is running perfectly fine.
How much is recommended? 420 ml? I understand blurust adds 500 ml.
Old 17th April 2010, 07:03   #17
BHPian

I recently purchased a Machismo 500 and completed 800 km. I have had no problems with the ES but I dont know think the oil in the clutch case is more than 500 ml. after reading this thread I went to the service centre in Rajajinagar, Bangalore. They have no idea regarding this. They even assured me that the ES-sprag cluth issue was solved and Showed me a technical advisory on using the ES
Old 18th April 2010, 11:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
.. but the ES assembly had no lubrication system in place??
Mostly not. it depends on Splash lubing- primary chain picking up oil dropping some to sprocket- ES gears which then convey to sprag & bearings. Increasing level might make oil more accesible to ES gears, bearings.

@ Jay, you got info on any Es system improvements/ upgradtions being done abroad / here? In RM09 i'd seen a first gen T'bird with a cute Es setup w/o using RE Es clutch case, done by a Chennai Mech. I'll find out a pic & post.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

I was out of town for a while. So, couldn't reply to many questions raised here.

Spitfire,

Lubrication to the clutch, primary chain, the electric starter gears and the sprag bearing is by splashing oil. While there are oil passageways in the engine and the timing case, the primary case doesn't have any passageway and hence no lubrication pattern diagrams. So far RE haven't replied to my emails about this issue I raised. This forces me to assume that RE doesn't care for the domestic market as much as it does for the export market.

James,

The engine oil sump contains 2-2.25 liters. The clutch as per the model holds 420 ml and the gearbox 420 ml. So, about 2.5 liters of lubes for every oil change and three liters for alternate oil changes(gearbox oil necessary).

Amber,

ATF = Automatic transmission fluid. Best bet is the Maruti genuine gear oil from Maruti dealers.

Throttleking, Blurust, Madhkris and Rennjit,

You're experiencing no sprag clutch issues mainly because of the new TCI module your LB500s are running on. These TCI modules have a delay circuit which delays ignition till the engine turns over. This prevents backfires and thus prevents the sprag bearing(a unidirectional bearing) from turning backwards and self destructing. This is the only change done to LB500's starting mechanism here and abroad. The lubrication system remains the same except for the fact that there has been an advisory circulated abroad to double the capacity of clutch primary oil from 420ml to 840ml.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 17th December 2010, 17:37   #20

Re: Attention: Bulleteers with Cast Iron/AVL engines with electric starters

This may be dumb question, however wanted to check if some one had tried it or know if the new model sprag clutch as in UCE engines were a direct fit on AVL model sparg clutch?

See this url for the new model and old model sprag clutch http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2132192

Regards,
Jitendra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks