Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 18:02   #16
BHPian

i am thinking to sell out my STD 350, how much should i expect as a person is coming to see my BULL tomorrow. Mine is June 2009
Old 17th April 2010, 23:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Mine's the same too!

@Leepower: Please let me know if you know of any other good 350 deals in Pune. My cousin wants one, I am in Delhi and he in Pune. :P
Yes Boss. If I come across some good Bull, I'll let you know.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:21   #18
BHPian

Nothing to worry about

This is a standard practice at RE. I had asked the showroom guys while entering the details when I boughht my bike, and they had told me it is a standard for vehicles to have the same Chassis and Engine numbers. In fact it is a check for you to see if you are indeed getting the stock engine or not.

I figure it is their way of matching up parts on the assembly line. Imagine yourself in a room full of frames and engines, and with marginally different mounts and stuff. You have to have a matching reference to build the bike without going over it a gazillion times.

Also, I don't know about the older Bulls, but from 2000 onwards Bulls have a system to tell the actual manufacturing month of a vehicle. The first alphabet belongs to the month and the first number tells you the year. Therefore, an engine number starting with 7B is a bike that rolled out of the factory in Feb, 2007.
Old 21st April 2010, 19:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justROYal View Post
Also, I don't know about the older Bulls, but from 2000 onwards Bulls have a system to tell the actual manufacturing month of a vehicle. The first alphabet belongs to the month and the first number tells you the year. Therefore, an engine number starting with 7B is a bike that rolled out of the factory in Feb, 2007.
Hey it doesn't work out for me. Year matches however for month it's not working. Neither first nor second alphabet gives me correct month. Both shows me the month after I bought . BTW mine is 2005 TB.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:21   #20
BHPian

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Hey it doesn't work out for me. Year matches however for month it's not working. Neither first nor second alphabet gives me correct month. Both shows me the month after I bought . BTW mine is 2005 TB.
In that case +1 to the list of things that RE showroom people yap about without knowing a thing about
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share that my 91 RX also has got the same engine number & chassis number. I kept ignoring that the RTO made a mistake while registering, but this thread taught me something that I never knew before. What I mean is engine no = chassis no.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks