Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 00:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
What about the expected 250s?

Is there any confirmed word on that? I guess it will cost quite a bit, but won't it be worth it?

Maybe you can go in for the 135 for now, sell it off once the 250s hit the market.
The only 250 I had been expecting was the baby Ninja but that is way off my budget.

BTW what other 250's are expected to hit our shores ?
I was also expecting the 150 hornet from Honda which had appeared on race track down south but no news of it as of now.

Yes, I can go for the 135LS but then that means I won't be doing the occasional highway runs and as there is no news about the upcoming bikes in 80-125k range I do not know how much I'll have to wait.

Had been talking with a chandigarh bhpian on phone a few mins ago. He thinks going for a used ZMA is a nice idea. What are the common issues related to ZMAs that I may have to face?

Also, is there a member here with handle 'steroids' who does race kits for R15?
Anyone having any idea about him?
Old 25th April 2010, 09:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
What are the common issues related to ZMAs that I may have to face?
poor plastics, (maybe)cam tensioner issue, rest it is a great motorcycle

^^New Pulsars should be out(the 4 valve ones) may be w/o bajaj moniker

Last edited by Sheel : 25th April 2010 at 09:06.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:56   #33
BHPian

R15 is a different league
Old 25th April 2010, 13:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Okay, I thought about it a lot and finally I have refined my previous list.

The 220s are out of the lists now. However if I get a confirmed report of the upgraded version within 15 days I would like to wait a bit more. But this seems to be remotely possible.

So now either it will be a new RTR180 or the used R15 that I mentioned earlier. If I get a thumbs up from the few people I wish to get the bike inspected from I'll go for the R15.

Or if that R15 doesn't turn out to be worth buying and if even the RTR fails to impress me (as I haven't ridden one much can't tell at the moment) I'll find a sparingly used ZMA and add some bits like K&N (with upjet) and a custom exhaust. ANd in the process I'll save quite a lot of money which shall be utilized when something that suits me and my budget arrives in the market.

REgards.
Old 25th April 2010, 14:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

YC what will you use the bike for,touring\commuting? and what kinda roads\terrain\traffic conditions
Old 25th April 2010, 14:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
YC what will you use the bike for,touring\commuting? and what kinda roads\terrain\traffic conditions
It will not be used much for daily commuting. I like walking and now that I have gained almost 20 Kgs I try to walk as much as possible so until and unless I have to go really far I don't use vehicles.

I'll be joining a college this year (most probably at Chd. or nearby region) so that means trips to Delhi/lucknow will be more than once a year sort of thing. Also I hate railways so the bike will have to hit the highways frequently.

As for normal commuting I guess it wont be more than 300 kms a month.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 25th April 2010 at 15:02.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will not be used much for daily commuting. I like walking and now that I have gained almost 20 Kgs I try to walk as much as possible so until and unless I have to go really far I don't use vehicles.

I'll be joining a college this year (most probably at Chd. or nearby region) so that means trips to Delhi/lucknow will be more than once a year sort of thing. Also I hate railways so the bike will have to hit the highways frequently.

As for normal commuting I guess it wont be more than 300 kms a month.

Regards.
So you gonna relocate to chandigarh,that means uphill rides,and ride to Delhi\lucknow.
so i also suggest a ZMA-R
Old 25th April 2010, 15:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you gonna relocate to chandigarh,that means uphill rides,and ride to Delhi\lucknow.
so i also suggest a ZMA-R
Yeah, the chd. quota shall help me get a better college than what my aieee rank may deserve so its almost certain that I'll be relocating.

So you suggest a new ZMA or a used one?
Old 25th April 2010, 15:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, the chd. quota shall help me get a better college than what my aieee rank may deserve so its almost certain that I'll be relocating.

So you suggest a new ZMA or a used one?
A new one.
mods we can discuss when you get one.
it does makes sense as a nice tourer,it may not be as fast as new 220.
but as a tourer it still excels
Old 25th April 2010, 15:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A new one.
mods we can discuss when you get one.
it does makes sense as a nice tourer,it may not be as fast as new 220.
but as a tourer it still excels
Hehe, do not know why I always thought that a ZMA shall suit me fine.
Will go for a test ride when I reach bhopal on 28th. I once saw a ZMA-R (not the ZMR) in white paint scheme. Has HH introduced new colors or was it probably a custom job?
Old 25th April 2010, 15:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hehe, do not know why I always thought that a ZMA shall suit me fine.
Will go for a test ride when I reach bhopal on 28th. I once saw a ZMA-R (not the ZMR) in white paint scheme. Has HH introduced new colors or was it probably a custom job?
yes it would have been a aftermarket job,even i have seen a white one,looks good
Old 25th April 2010, 15:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes it would have been a aftermarket job,even i have seen a white one,looks good
Any idea if there are some discounts going on the ZMA these days?
I hardly surfed all these months so as of now I know next to nothing about the pricing updates of any vehicle. Last year when I had inquired at the Chd. dealer it was near about 76000.
Also, only Yellow and Red paint schemes were readily available. 15 days waiting for black and a full month for the silver!!
Old 27th April 2010, 16:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Not a biker here but i know what is good when i drive it.

I will rate R15 > ZMA > 220

The R15 is a good buy for 80k but do check all the papers and get the bike checked and a police report too. I doubt anyone will sell 1300km old for a loss of 20k+. But this is India and so you never know.

Next option will be ZMA if not R15. I have not driven the new ZMA but carb one was fun to drive. I am yet to drive to the P200 Shresth boasts about being a good VFM.

Leave aside the MODS. You can always save up and get them later so better buy a good thing that can keep you happy in a longer run than buying something that will give you problems in early stages of ownership.

Last edited by abhibh : 27th April 2010 at 16:54.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

The R15 is a good buy for 80k but do check all the papers and get the bike checked and a police report too. I doubt anyone will sell 1300km old for a loss of 20k+. But this is India and so you never know.

Yeah, even am quite surprised that its going for that cheap. There was another one for 75000K which had done 8000 kms and that sounded a bit more realistic.
Will it be fine if I instruct Akshay Ahlawat to meet up with you sometime and you guys may go and inspect the bike (the one going for 80000k) before I dock at chandigarh?
Akshay told that the owner was in a hurry and going by the desperation am not really sure if the deal is as good as it sounds.

Otherwise am all set to buy a ZMA-R, most probably a new one unless I get a great deal on a used one. There are many ZMAs both at bhopal and Chandigarh so finding a good used example wont be that tough.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 27th April 2010 at 17:12.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

Reached Bhopal today. Talked a bit about this with Dad. He is more keen to invest on a new bike and so unless he too thinks that am bagging a great deal the used bikes are out now.

Also, considering my requirements, will it be wise to have a look at the ZMR or is it better to stick to the ZMA-R?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks