Team-BHP - Removing Wall Paint from Activa's Body
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Removing Wall Paint from Activa's Body (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/80297-removing-wall-paint-activas-body.html)

I have a peculiar issue for which I am exploring a solution for the same.

Mine is a Black Activa. It was left uncovered for sometime. Neighbours house wanted to do the painting on the walls one fine day [ I was not aware of the same ] . They used the cream color spray paint on the exterior walls. Spray paint has fallen on my beauty. One can see fine "dots" on the black body if observed closely. I

s there any way I can remove these dots ? Is this exterior paint water washable ? Can it be removed ? I dont want to go for full body paint of the same.

Can anyone point me to the right directions of removing this dots please ?

Mods : If there is any existing thread on the same topic, Kindly merge the same
Thanks a ton

If I understood you right, the Activa's body has some fine small spots of wall paints. Is that right? What was the wall paint based upon? Was it oil based or water based or simply supercem quality? Well if water does not remove those small spots, then you may need to remove them by scrubbing.

Use Diesel and shampoo solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1856018)
If I understood you right, the Activa's body has some fine small spots of wall paints. Is that right? What was the wall paint based upon? Was it oil based or water based or simply supercem quality? Well if water does not remove those small spots, then you may need to remove them by scrubbing.

I have no idea if its water or oil based. What I did notice is that they used a big Open Box canister which pumped the paint with compressed air onto the walls.

If I need to scrub it, then which type of scrubber does the work on the same ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafin (Post 1856046)
Use Diesel and shampoo solution.

Grafin, What is the proportion of Diesel and shampoo solution combination. I can get AMWAY Car shampoo in a day or two for my car, will it help ?

Else I have spare johnson shampoo. I can use it. But I need to know the proportion please !!

What i usually do is make a solution of 2 shampoo sachets in a medium sized bucket and pour 30-50ml of diesel into it.

If the paint is tough to scrub off, add an extra quantity of diesel.

A similar thing happened to me some months ago, the paint was oil based and diesel/kerosene etc didn't help much. I was frustrated and was on the verge of getthing the bike repainted all over again (it was painted just 2 months prior to this). One fine day i thought of using rubbing compound, just for the heck of it as i was mentally prepared for a repaint anyway... read up some DIY forums for help and got to business. It worked!. Would recommend you to give it a try. I bought this cheap waxpol rubbing compound (green jar) that's available at most hardware shops and some cotton waste. But beware dont rub too much into edges as there is a possibility of burning into the paint which would cost a bomb to rectify. Google for techniques of using rubbing compound, should help. Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafin (Post 1856940)
What i usually do is make a solution of 2 shampoo sachets in a medium sized bucket and pour 30-50ml of diesel into it.

If the paint is tough to scrub off, add an extra quantity of diesel.

You mean hair shampoo??? I remember reading that's the worst thing for automobile paints.

I would suggest Amway or any good quality car shampoo. Scrubbing, what I mean was using some hard scrubber that could even result in removing Activa's paint altogether if done carelessly.

You can do it with Diesel too.

I happened to come across someone recommending this product, though I haven't used it personally, you can give a try.

Take your Activa to some car spa. I had a similar issue. My car had black paint spots all over the body. I took it to a Car Spa in Thane. What they did was apply diesel and then clean the car with CAR SHAMPOO. Almost all spots have been removed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1856972)
You mean hair shampoo??? I remember reading that's the worst thing for automobile paints.

I would suggest Amway or any good quality car shampoo. Scrubbing, what I mean was using some hard scrubber that could even result in removing Activa's paint altogether if done carelessly.

You can do it with Diesel too.

I happened to come across someone recommending this product, though I haven't used it personally, you can give a try.

You get car shampoo in sachets too.

I have quite a few of them which i bough from a car accessories shop.

I meant scrubbing with a cloth or sponge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafin (Post 1857228)
You get car shampoo in sachets too.

Oh!!! Boy country is going innovative

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartman (Post 1857131)
Take your Activa to some car spa. I had a similar issue. My car had black paint spots all over the body. I took it to a Car Spa in Thane. What they did was apply diesel and then clean the car with CAR SHAMPOO. Almost all spots have been removed.

Good recommendation, you can do this, provided the car spa guys accept two wheelers.

Thanks a ton guys for all your replies.

I do have the Waxpol rubbing compound. I can explore that option.

First choice would be to use deisel with Shampoo. Will definitely keep you all posted.

Take care

If the paint was used on exterior walls, it's definitely a water-based paint. If it's dried hard, the paint is difficult to remove, and you are quite likely to damage the finish. It''s be a nightmare to remove hundreds of fine dots. You may be better off, re-painting the panel.

Update : I tried the Waxpol rubbing compound on my beauty last weekend and it removed the paint dots 50%. Now this weekend, I shall try the deisel option.

Thanks for all your suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1857375)
Oh!!! Boy country is going innovative

Good recommendation, you can do this, provided the car spa guys accept two wheelers.

Yes, yes they do accept two wheelers. They'd even take in a cycle if you pay them. :D

Do you have any before/after pics?