Team-BHP - Kawasaki's Indian subsidiary launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Kawasaki's Indian subsidiary launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/80568-kawasakis-indian-subsidiary-launched.html)

Kawasaki Heavy Industries announces establishment of India Kawasaki Motors in collaboration with Bajaj Auto
The Indian bikers have another reason to rejoice! Kawasaki Heavy Industries has established its new Indian subsidiary, India Kawasaki Motors Pvt. Ltd (IKM) jointly with Bajaj Auto. The new firm will specialize in importing and sales of Kawasaki motorcycles in India. Following the success of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, IKM has plans to introduce several Kawasaki sports models in the country similarly via the CKD (Completely Knocked Down) route. Leader in the performance motorcycle segment in India, Bajaj Auto, has been jointly working with Kawasaki since 1984, when the Akurdi-based bike-maker entered into a technical assistance agreement with Kawasaki.

India Kawasaki Motors will launch 250cc and above sport, street or cruiser models from Kawasaki's illustrious product portfolio in India as early as the second quarter of 2010. The CKD kits imported by Kawasaki will be assembled at Bajaj Auto's Chakan facility and sold across the country via Bajaj Auto's premium Pro-Biking dealership outlets. Kawasaki Heavy Industries has invested 50 million rupees in the newly established Indian subsidiary and the entire project is headed by Yoshihiro Tanigawa, who has been heading Kawasaki Motors Philippines Corporation (KPMC).
The Indian motorcycle industry is second largest in the world only after China and the sale of 200cc plus motorcycles in India is growing at a rapid pace with approximately 30,000 units sold annually. According to industry analysts, the current economic boom in the Indian sub-continent will further boost the sales of high-end motorcycles and Kawasaki plans to make the most of this opportunity.

Source Link here

Whoa!! Good news for the bikers. And second quarter 2010 is already here :D

If Bajaj is still going to handle the service of these bikes, then its better to look for a good SBK mech in and around your area.

This is great news. I hope they keep up the quality while assembling though else they might suffer the same fate Mitsu had with HM. As early as second quarter ? Aren't we already there ? (Calender-ly ?)

Hope the get some dual sports bikes as well, The KLR and the KLX will be good for touring and offroading in india.

Any one aware of what segments they are targetting. Are the 750, 10R or 14R to come in??? At least I'll get the parts easily

I like Kawasaki Versys, hope they launch it in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneroller (Post 1863363)
Any one aware of what segments they are targetting. Are the 750, 10R or 14R to come in??? At least I'll get the parts easily

The linky does not open in office but from the excerpts posted by aargee, it just mentions 250cc and above. So you never know you might get your parts in case they decide to introduce the models you have listed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish (Post 1863242)
Hope the get some dual sports bikes as well, The KLR and the KLX will be good for touring and offroading in india.

Thats what I want as well along.The KLR 650 should be ideal for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhasma (Post 1863492)
Thats what I want as well along.The KLR 650 should be ideal for us.

Forgot to complete the sentence.What I was saying is i want the KLR along with the versys to come to India.

I will be happy with KLX 250 if not KLR to start with.