Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
its not only the ZMR booking which have stopped. i spoke to a HH dealer in Chennai about 2 weeks back and he told me that they have stopped the bookings for all HH models except the SuperSplendor. he told me that all the models are going to get "updated"..
Updated with "All new stickers" ?
Old 2nd May 2010, 13:04   #17
BHPian

im not too sure of that!! although i am curious, why does a bike, thats barely even on the road need to be 'updated'?? i guess there are some technical niggles with the ZMR.
Old 9th May 2010, 05:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
its not only the ZMR booking which have stopped. i spoke to a HH dealer in Chennai about 2 weeks back and he told me that they have stopped the bookings for all HH models except the SuperSplendor. he told me that all the models are going to get "updated"..
So now we are gonna have Splendour#, Passion Pro+, KarizmaRR etc. with all new graphics.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:02   #19
BHPian

This really is news! As long as they bring in something better all is well i suppose!
Old 10th May 2010, 10:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

P-220 comes with a oil-cooler too like the ZMR and it sports a half fairing and so the P-220/200 didn't had any heating issues
R15 is a LC unit and despite it having a full faired specification it doesn't over heat

the problem with ZMR as per me is heat issues as HH left the design of it on people who designed its stickers and wanted it to look like a poor man's 'busa

FI has no issues as it is already incorporated in Glamor w/o any glitches

^^The carb 'zma wasn't supposed to be phased out

and it sure is puzzling that what takes the ZMR so long to hit the streets

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2010 at 10:26.
Old 11th May 2010, 22:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Its not just the fairing and the new graphics.

The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air.

There are minor changes in the engine and the fuel delivery system i.e. New PGM-FI against the Carb on the ZMA, including gas charged shock absorbers.

Though the new ZMA does not seem to have taken off in the market.
Well its no wonder! same bike at a lakh+. I ve seen many of these bikes being displayed at second hand shops at karol bagh in Delhi. With so much action happening interms of VFM power (P220/RTR180, etc) sticker work and gizmodo does no good unless theres substantial difference in what matters most - performance. Practically, with Karizma R being parallely sold, there is no point of having ZMR, unit its 25 bhp+
Old 24th May 2010, 08:50   #22
Team-BHP Support

One of the biggest flops?

Several months after the launch, i have seen only one ZMR on the road, till date! Looks like the bike isn't doing well in the market (which was expected IMO)! HH have only themselves to blame as the similarly priced R15 is selling much better, as its an overall bike at the price, rather than a sticker and fairing job on an old package.

Anyone in team-bhp who has bought one?
Old 24th May 2010, 08:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

it is a Flop indeed,i have just noticed a few on road.
Zma is selling well,and P220 is selling like hot cakes after the price cut.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have seen couple of new Karizmas on road nowadays. So, delivery of bikes have started.
Then, why is it a flop? Is it because HH is not able to sell the bike in large numbers or people aren't interested in this bike?
Old 24th May 2010, 15:08   #25
BHPian

It is early to conclude that ZMR is a flop. There were no deliveries for almost 6 months in Hyderabad after the initial lot of around 6. There was a severe production issue (god knows why is that) with ZMR. A friend of mine who booked in January got delivery last week.

According to the information on xbhp forum, the deliveries have started in significant number very recently. Lets wait for a month or two and see if it is a flop.

I feel, the current Karizma-R with FI unit, clipons, tubeless tyres, GRS shocks, digi console would be an instant hit, if at all HH comes with it. I will be the first one to buy it.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Now I am big time confused.

Is it me or others who are confused??? I am under the impression that ZMR is also air cooled. The oil cooled implies, the oil is cooled separately!! Please correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
The ZMR has an oil cooled engine against the air cooled one on the KariZMA, hence they could achieve the fairing otherwise it would starve the engine of cool air......
In that case, can we call the ZMR has liquid cooled engine if you say the karizma has an air cooled engine??

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 24th May 2010 at 17:25.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:28   #27
BHPian

Got to see 4 ZMRs yesterday morning. All of them appeared to be enjoying the early morning ride. I'm expecting to see more on the roads soon.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Is it me or others who are confused??? I am under the impression that ZMR is also air cooled. The oil cooled implies, the oil is cooled separately!! Please correct me if I am wrong.

In that case, can we call the ZMR has liquid cooled engine if you say the karizma has an air cooled engine??
Its air and oil cooled engine just like the P220. Some superbikes maybe liquid and oil cooled.

Quote:
Tough to believe that. Does the ZMR use any special kind of battery ? I guess it uses the same 9Ah batteries that are present in all other bikes (150cc and above). How can bookings be stopped for such a long period just for the availability of a battery? Even if that s the case, shame on HH that it couldn't procure batteries from an other source till now!
Probably need a bigger battery to run the EFI system

Last edited by Mpower : 24th May 2010 at 19:22.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I have seen couple of new Karizmas on road nowadays. So, delivery of bikes have started.
Then, why is it a flop? Is it because HH is not able to sell the bike in large numbers or people aren't interested in this bike?
Quote:
Got to see 4 ZMRs yesterday morning. All of them appeared to be enjoying the early morning ride. I'm expecting to see more on the roads soon.
even me. i had not seen the Karizma ZMR till last week end. But spotted around 5 or 6 during my weekend roaming in Bangalore.

Frankly there was nothing appealing in it. I had thought atleast ZMR in white would look good. it looked like a locally modded sport bike with stickers to me
Old 24th May 2010, 23:42   #30
BHPian

Let them stop the ZMR, not the ZMA, if they wish .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks