Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 02:33   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its air and oil cooled engine just like the P220. Some superbikes maybe liquid and oil cooled.

Probably need a bigger battery to run the EFI system
ZMR runs on 6-amp maintenance-free battery.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

The confusion continues!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its air and oil cooled engine just like the P220. Some superbikes maybe liquid and oil cooled.....
I remember reading about air-cooled or liquid-cooled. Now what is this air and oil cooled engine??? The P220 is very much an air cooled engine. The so called oil cooled written on the bike is in reality a system which is used to keep the engine oil temperature down!!! The oil doesnt cool the engine. Instead the engine's oil is cooled.
Old 25th May 2010, 22:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

I remember reading about air-cooled or liquid-cooled. Now what is this air and oil cooled engine??? The P220 is very much an air cooled engine. The so called oil cooled written on the bike is in reality a system which is used to keep the engine oil temperature down!!! The oil doesnt cool the engine. Instead the engine's oil is cooled.
The 'air cooled' term refers to the engine oil cooling which in turn helps in keeping the engine cooled.

P200, P220, and ZMR employ the same technology.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
The 'air cooled' term refers to the engine oil cooling which in turn helps in keeping the engine cooled.

P200, P220, and ZMR employ the same technology.
Aye!! the bulb just glowed!!! . I guess the engine oil which normally absorbs heat from the engine internals such as the crank and the piston is cooled and by circulating this cooled oil back into the engine cools the internals a bit. But the engine block is not cooled and hence this type of engine can not revv as much as the liquid cooled engine like the R15!!!
Old 16th June 2010, 13:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Aye!! the bulb just glowed!!! . I guess the engine oil which normally absorbs heat from the engine internals such as the crank and the piston is cooled and by circulating this cooled oil back into the engine cools the internals a bit. But the engine block is not cooled and hence this type of engine can not revv as much as the liquid cooled engine like the R15!!!
Oil has a far better reach to engine components than coolant as it is limited to only exterior of cylinder walls etc and not inside the engine. Oil continuously flows between bearing, cams, stems, gears, piston rings, and splashes on cylinders, where was coolant does not. A coolant absorbs heat from outside the engine block where as with oil cooled designs heat can be nipped at source.

Ultimately all engines - be it oil or water cooled - are air cooled as the final medium of heat transfer thru the radiator is air! So with bigger radiators and better pumps i feel the current designs can be improved greatly.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:45   #36
BHPian

HH is buying airtime for advertisement of the zmr on every major event first it was the T20 World Cup and now FIFA World Cup. If they wanted to phase it out then would not not have done that
IMHO the AD with hrithik roshan chasing his cap on the zmr in cyclones hurricanes succks big time.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:28   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Karizma ZMR being phased out?!?!?

Any concrete news on this topic or was it just a rumor? Was thinking of checking out ZMR or was thinking will wait for the new CBZ about which saw discussions on net. Supposed to come with rear disc breaks too like HH Hunk.
Old 29th December 2010, 18:27   #38
BHPian

The JV between Hero and Honda is over. They have parted ways.Until everything clears out, I would suggest you to wait before buying any of the bikes from HH stable.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:45   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
The JV between Hero and Honda is over. They have parted ways.Until everything clears out, I would suggest you to wait before buying any of the bikes from HH stable.
Yes this just adds to my confusion, the general info which I can get across diffrent forums is that HH R&D is not that strong compared to say Bajaj's or TVS's. Well, guess will have to wait and see
Old 4th January 2011, 21:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Let them stop the ZMR, not the ZMA, if they wish .

Very much true. ZMA does all that the ZMR can. Under normal usage I do not think that the Fi unit makes for a significant difference. I know that an Fi unit is always better than the Carbed. but in our country the manufacturers have tuned the carbed units to such a large extent that Fi makes only next to negligible difference but the costs escalates and the high cost is not justified for the small difference in performance.

ZMA with tubeless tires, better headlamps, a tad more power, rear disc and a mono-shock would had been enough to give a stiff competetion to the 220 DTSi. But HH launched ZMR with negligible gain in performance, extra weight and at that price almost any wise guy will buy the ZMA and save enough dough for HID, performance filter, jets, ABS system and improve upon the arguably best tourer amongst the indian bikes. (Keeping RE out of the list of course).

Lastly, when ZMA was launched for over a lakh of rupees, it wasn't really a hot seller. It was only after the price was reduced a fair bit sales actually picked up. The market scenario however has changed a fair bit. People are now willing to pay more than a lakh for a bike but still it is purely my guess work but sales of ZMR might actually pick up if HH decides to ditch the expensive Fi, tweek the power of the engine and price it more competently (i.e. a la bajaj 220 dtsi) at about 5-10k more than the ZMA..

Regards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks