Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Issues with my Bajaj XCD 135.

I have Bajaj XCD 135, 15 months old, 8.3K clicks on the odo. Running on stock tyres ( Euro grip company ). Whenever I ride above 55kmph, I feel my rear wheel swing ( I just don't know how to explain, I will try my best).This does not happen every time, is occasional. I feel as if the rear wheel just skids to the right, have lost control on one or two occasion but haven't fallen down. This problem persisted right from the beginning, but I ignored it as I thought my mind was playing games. I mentioned this to the S.A during 4th service, he suspected wheel alignment issue. Even after wheel alignment the problem persists.

Worst part is I have experienced this even in moderate speeds (around 30-40kmph). I just can't figure out what is the problem. I have lost confidence on my bike and never cross 60kmph after these incidents.

Please help me out folks.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

This happens in any bike if u ride along the center of the road,(as there are irregularities) where the road markings are usually there. Try riding in some other road, more towards the left and see if it still persists.

If yes, put your bike in the center stand and catch hold of the rear wheel by hand and check for any horizontal movement. If so, your swingarm bushes have gone kaput. Get them replaced. Also check if the rear axle nuts are properly screwed in.

BTW, those Eurogrips do suck to the core. Very slippery, especially during hard braking and rains. Get yourself MRF/Dunlop/Michelin ASAP.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This happens in any bike if u ride along the center of the road,(as there are irregularities) where the road markings are usually there. Try riding in some other road, more towards the left and see if it still persists.

Thought so, tried it on different roads, at the corners. Still same effect

If yes, put your bike in the center stand and catch hold of the rear wheel by hand and check for any horizontal movement. If so, your swingarm bushes have gone kaput. Get them replaced. Also check if the rear axle nuts are properly screwed in.

Will try these. Do these go bust so early?

EDIT: Tried these, no horizontal movement.

BTW, those Eurogrips do suck to the core. Very slippery, especially during hard braking and rains. Get yourself MRF/Dunlop/Michelin ASAP.

Completely agree, their tyres are useless. Riding in the rain is a nightmare.

Thank you very much.
Do you suggest changing of tyres? The tyres are in good condition- no uneven wear, cracks etc. I ride sedate, no spirited sprints.

Last edited by sachinj12 : 2nd May 2010 at 14:57.
Old 2nd May 2010, 15:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Thank you very much.
Do you suggest changing of tyres? The tyres are in good condition- no uneven wear, cracks etc. I ride sedate, no spirited sprints.
Those tyres dont wear so fast, mate ! Go for a change if you get a considerable buyback amount for the current Eurogrips. After the change, the handling and braking will improve by leaps and bounds.

BTW, check for the tightness of the swingarm nuts too, while checking the rear axle nuts!
Old 14th June 2010, 16:31   #5
BHPian

check the shock absorbers. are both of them set to the same level? As posted above also check swing arm for horzontal movement. They might not move when you try it by hand, but may do so under load.

Most Viewed