Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 00:48   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yeah I noticed that too, but then again this is a very common problem with bikers, most people are more conformable on left handers than on right handers, may be its due to the presence of silencer or something else.

Aditya, I recommend that you watch some videos on leaning(watching motogp regularly should help too ) & try to correct your body posture. Your body is going opposite to the turn currently instead of going towards the turn.
Its because of the way of riding in India. People are comfortable taking left turns, scared of taking right turns because they expect traffic to come in front of them.

I practice daily on end of BETL, left turn towards phase 2. Managed to corner at 90 on my RX, dont have enough confidence to push it more, especially since its a public road.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 00:57   #407
Senior - BHPian

Nice bike aditya, good to know you took the plunge. Yet to read the full thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yeah I noticed that too, but then again this is a very common problem with bikers, most people are more conformable on left handers than on right handers, may be its due to the presence of silencer or something else.

Aditya, I recommend that you watch some videos on leaning(watching motogp regularly should help too ) & try to correct your body posture. Your body is going opposite to the turn currently instead of going towards the turn.
Techno, this is quite common for all right handed people, we have more control of the handle bar as we turn left and tend to doubt our left hand when we turn right as the left hand controls more of the turn. This will come only if we do specific exercises for our left hand movements. Moto GP riders are one of the fittest blokes in the world, right, left or centre, they stay on their bikes for everything.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 02:11   #408
Senior - BHPian

Good Points Sunny & EL, like I said this is a fairly common problem amongst bikers in India.
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:26   #409
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the idea aditya. Blue ninja looks wonderful.

After going through review posted by sheel, i am a bit inclining towards Honda CBR 250 for following reasons:
* It looks great to my eyes but i still feel ninja 250 is better
* Good low and mid range torque
* VFM. Bangalore on road price is ~ 1.7 lakhs
* Lower maintenance and spares cost
* Also has an ABS option
* Good looking instrumentation panel

IMO following are disadvantages of a Honda CBR 250 compared to ninja 250:
* Single cylinder and hence bit more vibrations compares to a ninja
* Heard non availability of spare parts (might be a temporary problem)
* Poor quality plastics and inconsistent panel gaps
* Not as free & high revving as a ninja

Please suggest whether my comparison is correct or am i missing some important points.

Check
250CC bike doing 190kmph

I have previously owned a 2005 HH CBZ and a TVS Apache RTR 160. Have done 100KMPH which was max speed on CBZ and 120KMPH on Apache. Both are speedo readings. Even my Getz crdi tops at 200kmph. But 190 on a 250cc bike is amazing IMO.
Old 11th December 2011, 12:18   #410
Senior - BHPian

Any comparison reports of n250r with cbr250?
Old 11th December 2011, 12:47   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
mate, Compare apples to apples. Ninja is twin cylinder thorough bred compared to the single cylinder Ceeber. Both have their own charms and suggest you to buy accordingly if at all you are in the market for one. Ninja loves being in the high revs and changes its character completely. CBR is for more sedate rider who has a penchant for cruising as well.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 12:56   #412
Team-BHP Support

Don't even bring the pricing to this discussion. Had the N-250R retailed for a bit less, I wouldn't be hitting revs @ 10,500, would be going to glory till 13,000rpm atleast.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:30   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO following are disadvantages of a Honda CBR 250 compared to ninja 250:

Please suggest whether my comparison is correct or am i missing some important points.
Absolutely incorrect!!! These are not disadvantages, these are shortfalls; but again...

Quote:
HMSI said, they will address it by end Nov & from my recent experience (read a day back) they seem to have addressed

Quote:
100% yes on the older batches (read mine) but I highly doubt if Sheel's batch would've the same. I got my headlamps changed & I see it has amazingly dazzling

Quote:
I don't know what to say for this; you'll have to ride & see to experience what you need; personally, when I keep doing 80 & if I need an instantaneous acceleration, I prefer to wrig the throttle than shifting the gear down; that's a torque lover's statement. Someone who like to scream out the engine loves N250R.

If you're interested in anything beyond twin cylinder & top speeds...

Buying is one time affair, but maintenance is for lifetime; I'd a a minor accident 2 weeks ago & I lost one of the clipping on one side of the fairing; though the ASC said I could live with it, I asked them to change. Reason? just costs Rs 928 inclusive of tax compared to...heard its about 8K for one side of fairing for N250R. Its uncommon that one need to keep changing their fairing for every 6K kms, but if you've to, prepare to claim insurance or have deep pockets.

Not sure how far would you ride, but incase you have to, consider the distance of PBK to the place you ride. I rode 400 Kms to Srilanka to 80 Kms to Pakistan & I could find a HMSI ASC all over, just scattered all over & I didn't have to worry anything with respect to service.

Some say "If you are a good rider then you will rarely need ABS", anyway, I leave that option to you; but given a chance, I'd love to switch to ABS from my standard version. Its 101% better any day.

All roads in India aren't built to international standard; give a try on those bad roads (or offroading whatever you call) on R15 or N250R & then do it on C250R. You'll see a world of difference. I've done about 70-80 Kmph on those potholed roads where cars & truckers dared not to cross beyond 30-40 Kmph. The Prolink suspension is THE BEST one for unpaved Indian roads.

So...am I against Ninja 250R? Heck no!!! As a bike lover, I cannot hate unless I've strong grounds. N250R is certainly an excellent product, unfortunately, Kawasaki should've started their operations directly instead of relying on BAL + the tax stuffs are keeping it expensive & in a way, I'd love that; had they started their own operations, HMSI would've found it extremely difficult to crack the market.

With increase in affordability of C250R & full of undisciplined morons on the roads having no traffic sense or aware of riding safe, things are only going to get worse.

Last edited by aargee : 11th December 2011 at 19:38.
Old 11th December 2011, 20:04   #414
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ku69rd and sheel. I was very much inclined towards N250R after going through aditya's posts but got confused after going through sheel's thread. I liked Honda CBR250 equally and at 1.7 lakhs, i thought its best deal.

Thanks aargee for taking out time and explaining in detail. Surely will take a TD and decide. I got another 6 months to shift to bangalore and will check out new launches.
Old 11th December 2011, 20:58   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's a link to a comparison by Motorcycle-USA. The Ninja in question being the carbureted version, not fuel injected, and both cost exactly the same ($3999)!
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/114/91...omparison.aspx
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 21:17   #416
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Adi for making your thread a bit of bike buying solutions

@djay99 - Aarge has summed up & depends as to what you want from your Motorcycle, if I could afford the N-250R despite few shortcomings mentioned by aarge, I still would have gone for it. No two ways about it. On paper, they might seem like there aren't many differences, but there are.

If you can splurge, N-250R is a better buy, period. Though IMHO, CBR-250R gives the most bang for your buck & hey, in the meanwhile stay tuned for updates on KTM-200.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:23   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
mate, Compare apples to apples. Ninja is twin cylinder thorough bred compared to the single cylinder Ceeber. Both have their own charms and suggest you to buy accordingly if at all you are in the market for one. Ninja loves being in the high revs and changes its character completely. CBR is for more sedate rider who has a penchant for cruising as well.
+1. The CBR is more upright in its ergonomics and makes a very good tourer and mile muncher. The Ninja is more track focused.

The ninja is pretty compact on the seating area and calls for a break every 150-200 kms (at least for me, since i have been into this kind of biking only for the past year and a half, else biking was restricted to office commutes). The CBR i have heard is very comfy as the suspension is softer and tuned for comfort while on the ninja it is hard (even on factory stock setting) and tuned for crisp handling.

The ninja is a hoot to ride on the track. I had a great time on my first day (or 2 days) out with the ninja.

Slightly difficult to explain the subtle properties (or differences) of these 2 bikes in detail, so ride one and you'll know which suits you best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Buying is one time affair, but maintenance is for lifetime; I'd a a minor accident 2 weeks ago & I lost one of the clipping on one side of the fairing; though the ASC said I could live with it, I asked them to change. Reason? just costs Rs 928 inclusive of tax compared to...heard its about 8K for one side of fairing for N250R.
Totally agree with the text in bold. Its not just buying the bike and filling petrol and riding it. Insurance premium is expensive too. The first year premium is close to 6k and the second year costs 4k or 5k odd (IIRC) with NCB included.

Honda's parts are significantly cheaper in price compared to the ninja. The CBR's side fairing and front cowl (for one side) costs around 4k. For the ninja the front cowl costs 8k and the side fairing (one side) costs around 11k. If you have a fall, expect an estimate nothing less than 50k for repairs... and insurance co's pay only 50% for plastic parts unless you have a zero depreciation top up cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sorry Adi for making your thread a bit of bike buying solutions
No issues Sheel. I'm glad the discussions are meaningful and hope it can help potential buyers make an informed decision.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th December 2011 at 12:25.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 19:21   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The CBR's side fairing and front cowl (for one side) costs around 4k
Got them replaced one of them 2 days ago; each side fairing costs Rs 928 inclusive of taxes, just because there was a slight bend in one of the socket where the cowls are joined. I can perfectly live with it, but I wanted perfection, so I went ahead & changed.

Similarly the front fenner had a small black loss of paint about a Re in size, not even a single bend or loss of shine; since the price of new one was around Rs 250, I went ahead & changed. Now that's how I'd like to maintain; call me paranoid, but...that's how I maintain. I can't keep them in mint if the parts are expensive.

Needless to say, I didn't have to claim insurance.

Last edited by aargee : 12th December 2011 at 19:25.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 20:53   #419
Senior - BHPian

What are the changes in 2012 ninja 250?
Old 21st December 2011, 21:49   #420
BHPian

difference, if any.
it was said, earlier, that the 2012 will have fuel injection. but it doesn't.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-2011vs2012ninja250rcomparissonspecsandprices.jpg  

Last edited by a2k24 : 21st December 2011 at 21:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks