Team-BHP - 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/81172-2010-kawasaki-ninja-250r-my-first-sportsbike-52-000-kms-clock-update-sold-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1990116)
Do feel free to comment.

The Karizma’s plastics are nothing to write home about.
They are crap and regular use shall be enough to crack them, mine had cracked, the mid panel and the pointers which hold the head-lamp.

Beautiful pictures aditya and for the first time I really liked/preferred the green nina over the black, the only sore point being the tail section in black for the green one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 1995626)
Beautiful pictures aditya and for the first time I really liked/preferred the green nina over the black, the only sore point being the tail section in black for the green one.

Thnx bro. A friend of mine has a green ninja with green tail covers. But somehow it looks out of place. Maybe its just me that's used to seeing the bike this way.

The black ninja has the PUIG Frame sliders, the same ones that balenopower has on his bike. Contemplating on buying this. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 1995650)
Thnx bro. A friend of mine has a green ninja with green tail covers. But somehow it looks out of place. Maybe its just me that's used to seeing the bike this way.

The black ninja has the PUIG Frame sliders, the same ones that balenopower has on his bike. Contemplating on buying this. Lets see.

Yup, I might be knowing that friend. :D

Get in the PUIG's fast, just in case...(better to be safe)

^^Is your screen puig's or hotbodies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 1995756)
Get in the PUIG's fast, just in case...(better to be safe) ^^Is your screen puig's or hotbodies?

Stock windscreen. Don't tempt me dude. This bike is a money pit.lol:

Sliders will be bought and fixed in a few weeks. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 1995772)
Stock windscreen. Don't tempt me dude. This bike is a money pit.lol:

It looks pretty different from the black one, what treatment did you give?

^It gives carbon-fiber looks.

edit--saw the pic up and close and it is the ugly no.plate spoiling the looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 1996497)
It looks pretty different from the black one, what treatment did you give?

^It gives carbon-fiber looks.

edit--saw the pic up and close and it is the ugly no.plate spoiling the looks.

The body color makes the screen look a bit different. I removed the stock number plate and got the regn. no. on the windshield during the first service.

Some prefer the regn no. on the front mudguard but thats hardly readable and barely legal too. I have maintained the legal font size and type.

It's hard to maintain the screen scratch free, so I'll get an aftermarket windscreen when this one is due for replacement. Might get a smoked one from hotbodies or puig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 1995772)
This bike is a money pit.lol:

Sliders will be bought and fixed in a few weeks. Lets see.

your damn right about that one mate!!!

Nice thread Aditya, loved the initial description and the pic in the end. You have got a lovely bike

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 1970944)
Hey, we will be riding again on sunday morning to Nandi hills. After we spend some time at Nandi we will be riding on the NH4 that leads to Hyd past devanahalli. There is a Kamat hotel where we plan to breakfast and then return.

We will be meeting at 4.30am on sunday, 11th July opposite Esteem Mall on the international airport road just past the hebbal flyover. Do try and join us.:)

I would also join you guys, so please let me know if you are riding till Nandi Hills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 1971449)
4:30 AM :eek: Will try and see if i can get wifey to be up and ready by then :D
On succeeding with it will surely join at the rendezvous point.

Seeing the pics of the ride again, noticed that you had another Ninja for company. What was the speeds you did on the ride? Tried the top whack of the bike yet?

Of course, it will depend on whether both of us me and wife get up and get ready if its so early :D

Lovely pics aditya! Good to see you munching miles even in the monsoon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 1997478)
Lovely pics aditya! Good to see you munching miles even in the monsoon!

Thanks Abhinav. I try not to ride in the rain as cleaning the bike later sucks up a good hour or two. The bike does handle well in the wet (i've ridden at 120kmph in the wet without any scary moments) but one has to be extra cautious while braking. Since the brakes have a lot of bite, its easy to lock the wheels. I use the front brakes more than the rear most of the time, unless i need to shed speed much faster. In wet conditions the rear brake is used a bit more though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gou (Post 1997441)
Nice thread Aditya, loved the initial description and the pic in the end. You have got a lovely bike. I would also join you guys, so please let me know if you are riding till Nandi Hills. Of course, it will depend on whether both of us me and wife get up and get ready if its so early :D

Thanks dude. The Nandi ride was a few weekends back. ;) But we ride every week religiously so do join us if you can.

Last Saturday morning a friend on his R15 and myself on my ninja rode to Mysore and back.

We left at 5am, stopped for breakfast at Maddur (Vasudev Adiga's) and then proceeded to Mysore. We were only interested in corner carving Chamundi hills, so we did that and returned... but not before we took some pics in front of the mysore palace.

We encountered heavy traffic on our entry into bangalore and it was stop and go for quite some distance. Like I had mentioned, the ninja fared well in the mad traffic and the temp needle stayed at the 75% mark when I was standstill. On the move the bike used to cool down though.

I was hoping that the rain wouldnt dampen the weekend ride plan and thankfully it didnt.

Here are the pics. Hope you like them.

Great bike and good to see you all zipped in protective gear. And thank you for accepting that you are riding a sports bike and not calling it SBK. :) Wishing you many more happy miles on your bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 2012266)
Great bike and good to see you all zipped in protective gear. And thank you for accepting that you are riding a sports bike and not calling it SBK. :) Wishing you many more happy miles on your bike.

Thanks Nilesh. It is a sports bike and I'm not ashamed to say that its not an SBK. Its stupid to call it something when its not. :)

Lots of people ask me how much it costs, mileage and cc's (in that order) and when the last one is answered they are shocked.:D They expect at least a 500cc for this price. Too bad they dont understand how the import system works... i dont blame them either. Moreover this is as real and practical it can get. You can use it as a daily ride (no fun in the city though) or blast down the highways (great fun over 8k rpm).

Heavenly pics, so crisp and sharp.
What is the storage pouch you are carrying Adi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 2012266)
And thank you for accepting that you are riding a sports bike and not calling it SBK. :)

This is what is disturbing me.

Wish a proper SBK comes for some 5-6L soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 2012358)
Heavenly pics, so crisp and sharp. What is the storage pouch you are carrying Adi?

Thanks Sheel. Pics were shot from a point and shoot handheld camera.

The storage pouch is for a basic medical kit, puncture repair kit, water bottle, camera, tissues, hand sanitizer, etc.