Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 17:05   #196
Senior - BHPian

^^ Dude, how is your gear holding up? Any new additions after the helmet?
Old 10th August 2010, 19:11   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
^^ Dude, how is your gear holding up? Any new additions after the helmet?
Nothing much after the lid bro. Want to buy Knee+shin guards and riding boots but doing a bit of research so it'll take a lil while.

Here is an update on my riding gear...

Its been exactly 3 months and a 3 days since I got my ninja and I have clocked a lil over 5000 kms... all with this jacket and the DSG revive gloves.

So what state is my protective gear in?

The DSG Revive gloves are as good as new... except for the change in shape (has taken the shape of my hands and the fingers are curved on the gloves - perfectly natural phenomenon). There is some splatter from crashing at high speed into butterflies and other bugs... otherwise not a bloody thread has come loose. not a tear, nothing !!! Period !!! I paid 1900 bucks for this and it is worth every damn paisa. Highly recommended. I have never ridden the ninja without these gloves.

Now coming to the Crapster Raptor.

Within a week of the purchase the lining on the cuff wore off.... tearing off is the right word. Had hardly ridden 300 kms too. The staff exchanged the jacket and even in the 2nd one I saw that the stitch quality on the velcro strips was horrible and even the quality of velcro was pathetic. There were only 2 pairs and the other one was even worse. Within a days worth of riding one velcro strip was hanging from the sleeve, thanks to almost non existing stitches. My wife stitched the velcro strip back. The cramster guys asked me not to post on xbhp or any other forum and complain, rather come to the shop and have it sorted. Nice. But how many times am i gonna go and get my stuff exchanged or repaired? On my last sunday ride, the rubber grip on the waist strap came off. Faulty stitching again... You wanna know what's worse? The protection. The armor. Yes. CE approved it is. BUT is it going to help? I SERIOUSLY doubt it. Even with the sleeve buttons ON (there are 2 levels of tightness on the sleeve) and on the tight mode (2nd button) the armor on my elbow moves. I can move it so much that my elbow is exposed to impact and armor is nowhere close to the bone. I might have to rivet few more buttons for the armor to stay in place.... and I'm not from Somalia so i dont have bony arms like most female models. God forbid I have a crash with this jacket and break my elbow or arm. I'm gonna wear a separate elbow guard for my personal protection. 5200 bucks wasted.

We had a nice sunday morning ride. Pics will be up soon.

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th August 2010 at 19:14.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:38   #198
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, I did read the Cramster thread sometime back but didnt know that things were that bad. I guess they werent really prepared to meet the demand but thats still excusable, selling essential gear which is substandard is just not done. Especially if the wearers limbs and life are at stake here. Stuff brought from road side vendors lasts more than 3 months. This is really ridiculous.

Do post pics of the ride soon
Old 11th August 2010, 07:59   #199
BHPian

aditya,

Please invest in a hard shell back protector if you can. I never ride without it. It'll save your back (spine included) in an unfortunate event, god forbid. Hope you're enjoying the bike. I haven't had the chance for a lot of rides this year. Remember, always try to ride with balls of your feet on the rearset instead of the flat/curve of the feet. It'll give you much better balance and control of the bike.

Good and safe riding.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:08   #200
Team-BHP Support

Aditya-- Either get A* or Joe Rocket from Bombay/Pune.

Have a look at my gear--
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
Old 11th August 2010, 11:37   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Please invest in a hard shell back protector if you can.
Thanks VLOCT. I'm going to get one soon as my jacket only has foam protector for the spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Do post pics of the ride soon
Here they are...

Reggie (a friend with the ebony black ninja) and myself went to Krishnagiri and beyond for a ride last sunday.

So we met as usual at Wipro Madivala at 5.30am and headed out as soon as we finished exchanging pleasantries. No one else was joining us and it was just the two of us. The ninja sisters (Reggie's ebony black and my racing green) was turning heads all over town throughout our ride.

We reached A2B, the usual breakfast pitstop and after some idli's and poori's we rode to the krishnagiri dam. We spent some time at the dam and then considering that the ride had still not satisfied us, we proceeded to ride towards salem for another 50 odd kms. Another A2B, some coffee and some juice and we headed back to blore. We stopped at the usual CCD for a snack and coffee and I reached home by 2pm. Was an awesome ride. There was heavy crosswinds so we couldnt go over 120-130k's.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-077.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-078.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-079.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-080.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-081.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-083.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-084.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-085.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-086.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-087.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-088.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-090.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-092.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-093.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-096.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-097.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th August 2010, 15:20   #202
BHPian

very cool, get some riding shots now mate.
Old 11th August 2010, 21:34   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
very cool, get some riding shots now mate.
Here you go. I wonder why the first one came out so blue. This was shot on my first long ride to Mysore. I was running in the bike then with some 600 odd kms on the odo.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-r7ppg5.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-38472_413334094319_511299319_4336358_3961394_n.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th August 2010 at 21:36.
Old 13th August 2010, 18:10   #204
BHPian

Huge dilemma...black or green?

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Hi Aditya,

I have got 'hooked' to the ninja after reading your thread...actually my interest level's rose after I saw a group of bikers on the last weekend on my way to Shimla...saw the Green Ninja and was taken back to my good old college days (will turn 34 this year in Sep..not over the hill as yet...)...a friend of mine used to have an import and it was fun seeing him zip all over town...I had a shogun (black) then....used to love my machine as well (and the never ending debate then whether a Yamaha RX100 black with 11 BHP was better or Shogun with 14 BHP in the college canteen..I bought mine in '94)....I know one thing for sure...Shogun had good rear view mirrors and I enjoyed seeing the RX's in it....snap...come back to 2010 boy...

So admiration has now turned into desperation of having one of my own...I plan to sell off my Unicorn (gifted by my mother in 2006...as she was the one who sold off my Shogun as soon as the college got over and I have never forgiven her for that)....its done only about 6K (household chores primarily requiring a visit to near by mall etc)....and switch to a Ninja...now the million dollar question..black or green...I love the green and will love all the eyeballs it will get...or should I go for more sober 'black' (per my wife suits my age....yeah right...18'til I die)....seeing it in pics in your thread I couldn't place it any different than the Pulsar's (220 i think) or other black bikes I see on the road (hope somebody with a black ninja will not hunt me down for this.....)....my wife is all for black and am all for green....so any inputs will help me decide...

Couple of more questions...what is the gear shift pattern on the ninja...shogun was all 4 down and Unicorn is one down and 4 up....ninja has 6 I am told...

Also, my regular drive is a Scorpio VLX Java brown 4X2 that I bought last year in Sep (clocked 25K two days ago)...not sure if this makes any sense but do SUV owners make good bike riders....

Funny but as I type this, wifey has handed over the DVD of 'BLACK SHEEP'.....I should get the hint....nah...

Cheers, Sid

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2010 at 10:30. Reason: Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 13th August 2010, 20:05   #205
Senior - BHPian

One more weekend and one more ride!!

Awesome pics.. The black and green ninja's compliment each other well in the snaps.

In the riding shot with the bus in the back ground, its as if the driver has slowed down right behind you to get a good view of the bike!!
Old 13th August 2010, 21:05   #206
BHPian

@sid: my personal opinion, green stands out PERIOD.
Go for green.
Old 13th August 2010, 21:40   #207
Team-BHP Support

@Sid: Green green green ... there's no competition between the 2 colors.

Separately, please see if you can wait for the 650R in case its coming any time soon. You'll outgrow the 250 in no time.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:34   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
please see if you can wait for the 650R in case its coming any time soon. You'll outgrow the 250 in no time.
..provided you got 5+ lakh of rupees and dont bother about mileage.
Old 14th August 2010, 16:54   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Separately, please see if you can wait for the 650R in case its coming any time soon. You'll outgrow the 250 in no time.
the 650R ain't a sports-bike and won't have the ergos of 250R, it will be a more relaxed Motorcycle and won't very fast considering the cc's it sports.
Suzuki SV-650 shall be a good alternative, but then both are V's.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th August 2010 at 16:57.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:18   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
@sid: my personal opinion, green stands out PERIOD.
Go for green.
Quote:
@Sid: Green green green ... there's no competition between the 2 colors.

Thanks quadra, Axe....green it is for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
..provided you got 5+ lakh of rupees and dont bother about mileage.
think more than the cost/mileage, what worries me if I can handle all that power under the throttle. I had a few runs with a friend's Yamaha RD350 in the good old college days and it was awesome (scary at the same time when I was pillion). I am happy starting off with the 250R to begin with (knowing that I am not going to go above 100/120 at most). Honestly, I want to enjoy the bike not at supersonic speeds...and if I do outgrow it, what the heck, will trade for a bigger one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
the 650R ain't a sports-bike and won't have the ergos of 250R, it will be a more relaxed Motorcycle and won't very fast considering the cc's it sports.
Suzuki SV-650 shall be a good alternative, but then both are V's.
thanks for the suggestion...have taken a note of this.
sid1509 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks