Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2010, 17:32   #211
Team-BHP Support

I guess we can only hope for the ZX 6R to come in that case. Nothing like an inline four to make one's day. But even if they do launch it I suspect it would be way more expensive.
Old 14th August 2010, 22:25   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
think more than the cost/mileage, what worries me if I can handle all that power under the throttle. I had a few runs with a friend's Yamaha RD350 in the good old college days and it was awesome (scary at the same time when I was pillion). I am happy starting off with the 250R to begin with (knowing that I am not going to go above 100/120 at most). Honestly, I want to enjoy the bike not at supersonic speeds...and if I do outgrow it, what the heck, will trade for a bigger one.
You solved the puzzle yourself buddy. It makes sense to start with 250 and upgrade. By the time you reach a liter class, you would be mature enough to take risks / thrash it when needed

PS: dont talk about college days they scare the hell out of me. Anyone wants to join this league ??
Old 15th August 2010, 16:48   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
I have got 'hooked' to the ninja after reading your thread... now the million dollar question..black or green...I love the green and will love all the eyeballs it will get...or should I go for more sober 'black'... Couple of more questions...what is the gear shift pattern on the ninja...shogun was all 4 down and Unicorn is one down and 4 up....ninja has 6 I am told....not sure if this makes any sense but do SUV owners make good bike riders....
Thanks for the kind words Sid. Well on the color, Black has a superb gloss and camouflages itself very well in the midst of other bikes. Green on the other hand is a definite give away and stands out in a crowd.

On our last ride, the black and green ninja's were parked next to each other, but no one bothered to look at the black. All eyes on the green and I'm not saying this cos I have a green.

So if you want privacy, black it is... but since you already mentioned that you chose green, go with it. Its a lovely color. Looks deeper and darker at night... Its a stunning color.... i would recommend green anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
One more weekend and one more ride!!

Awesome pics.. The black and green ninja's compliment each other well in the snaps.
Thanks Abhi. No ride this weekend. Had fun with the esteem for a change. Just got back from a short trip to Chennai. Awesome weather all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I guess we can only hope for the ZX 6R to come in that case. Nothing like an inline four to make one's day. But even if they do launch it I suspect it would be way more expensive.
No plans from Bajaj to launch the ZX6R. No concrete info on the 650R as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
You solved the puzzle yourself buddy. It makes sense to start with 250 and upgrade. By the time you reach a liter class, you would be mature enough to take risks / thrash it when needed
+1 to that. IMHO the 250 is enough for our roads. Anyone can accelerate like a rocket, its braking from triple digit speeds to a stop that is hard.

This bike teaches you a lot.... acceleration, braking, handling, cornering, leaning in, knee downs, etc. Perfect starter before you are brave enough to whack open a bigger bike.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:21   #214
Senior - BHPian

Nostalgia... A lil over 3 months back my baby was delivered.

Had taken a few pics during the delivery from my phonecam but couldnt transfer them to my computer due to several reasons.

Finally here they are... the color looks wierd due to the poor quality camera in my fone. sorry guys.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc00985.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc00986.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc00987.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc00988.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc00989.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th August 2010 at 11:23.
Old 16th August 2010, 11:26   #215
Senior - BHPian

here are some pics from the 2nd oil change (unscheduled) which i got done at 3700kms. I got the Motul Semi Synth 5100 15W50 oil.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01002.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01003.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01004.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01005.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01006.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc01007.jpg  

Old 24th August 2010, 23:43   #216
BHPian

Where can we get the center stand for this bike here in Bangalore? such as the one shown in the pics above. I guess its a primary accessory as the Ninja does not have a center stand. Definitely helps when you are lubing or cleaning the chain and you need to rotate the wheel.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:07   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Where can we get the center stand for this bike here in Bangalore? such as the one shown in the pics above. I guess its a primary accessory as the Ninja does not have a center stand. Definitely helps when you are lubing or cleaning the chain and you need to rotate the wheel.
Me too looking for one bro. Tried on ebay and couldnt find it. Its available in UK (a fellow member on xbhp bought it on his visit there).

I make do without it when i have to clean / lube the chain.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:28   #218
Senior - BHPian

Nice nostalgic pics Aditya , I am sure they would have made you relive the entire buying experience all over again.

So how many Ks does the meter show now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
On our last ride, the black and green ninja's were parked next to each other, but no one bothered to look at the black. All eyes on the green and I'm not saying this cos I have a green.

So if you want privacy, black it is... but since you already mentioned that you chose green, go with it. Its a lovely color. Looks deeper and darker at night... Its a stunning color.... i would recommend green anyday.

I completely agree on the color part. A few days back i happened to follow a black one and was confused myself . Not one person turned and looked at it, infact even when this guy parked his bike in a crowded market not one person walking past gave it a 2nd look. Had it been green, there would have been a small mob there.

I was telling my wife about a black one for sale and she said " If its a Ninja it can only be green"
There is still hope ....
Old 26th August 2010, 18:32   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
So how many Ks does the meter show now?
I guess its somewhere close to 5500 kms. Another ride and its due for the 6000 kms service.

There is a metallic vibration between 7k and 9k RPM. Below and above this range the slight metallic noise disappears. I tried to locate the source of the sound but couldnt.

Tightened the fairing bolts etc. but its still present. Guess it'll be taken care of at the service center.

The bike also feels a bit rough now, I think the air filter is clogged. The manual suggests that the air filter needs cleaning after a ride in the rains or in dusty conditions. I am guessing this as I have ridden in the rain twice. Anyway, i'll see the condition of the filter when it gets serviced. I already have a K&N waiting to be plonked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I was telling my wife about a black one for sale and she said " If its a Ninja it can only be green" . There is still hope ....
Thats half the battle won. Now just pay the booking amount and win the rest of the battle.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:52   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Me too looking for one bro. Tried on ebay and couldnt find it. Its available in UK (a fellow member on xbhp bought it on his visit there).

I make do without it when i have to clean / lube the chain.
I face the same problem. However found solution in a bottle of Sodium Chloride Solution

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-botle.jpg

Check if you can do a similar thing with the ninja. There should be a place below which is not covered by the fairing.

This method is reliable since I've seen mechs change my tires by keeping a block of wood below.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 26th August 2010 at 19:56.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:32   #221
Senior - BHPian

My camera batteries had given up on me. Buying a set of replacement batteries was being postponed as i kept looking around for reliable ones which would last considerable amount of time.

So here is the report of our ride which took place on the first weekend of October (2nd-3rd Oct).

After exploring all the places around bangalore within a 150 kms radius, the only place left to ride to was Kanva dam on Mysore road.

I had never been to Kanva dam inspite of numerous rides on the Mysore road. This time I thought - "why not ride to Kanva? Its only 50 kms away and we can have breakfast on the way back". Little did I or anyone know what was in store for us.

A few friends confirmed for the ride. I was expecting only 2-3 riders apart from myself. That was to change. In fact a lot was to change much to the amusement of all.

A total of 9 riders including myself decided to proceed to Vasudev Adiga's (A south Indian resto) on mysore road for breakfast first and then head back to Kanva dam.(LOL).

We reached the resto a little while later, parked our bikes and went inside to munch on dosa's and idli's and sip on coffee.

After some breakfast, someone mentioned heading to Chamundi hills in mysore as it has nice sweeping curves. We agreed. I suggested we head over to Coffee Day on the way back (always a customary visit to end the day's ride before we entered bangalore) and thats when everything changed. Alok (another green ninja owner and a dear friend) suggested we ride to CCD on the way to Ooty. Few shot him down saying "All that far for a cup of coffee?" while few others including me said "OK, its only 150kms away".

We decided to reach Chamundi and then decide on the CCD enroute to Ooty.

A nice ride to Chamundi, some pics and some chit-chat later we decided that it was going to be a ride to Ooty after all... Not just to the CCD on the way, but all the way to Ooty with an overnight stay tucked into the plan.

We had no change of clothes, no charger for our cellphones, no toothbrushes, nothing except the regular necessities like a puncture kit and some basic first aid. Called our respective home ministers and informed them that we would be doing an overnighter at Ooty.

Two people had to return to Blore so they dropped out of the Ooty ride while the remaining 7 of us rode towards Ooty.

Just before Bandipur we got stuck in torrential rain. We stopped by the side of the road for a bit for the rain to stop but after 30-45mins later it was still raining, not very heavily though. A little further we stopped at the much discussed CCD and refueled on caffeine and sandwiches.

It was 3pm. We had to get back on the road and cross the bandipur checkpost before they closed the checkpost. So we rode on and got stuck in another downpour. All of us got drenched to the bone, while Rahul (another good friend of mine who also has a green ninja) was the only one dry. His bright yellow BMW Motard rain suit kept him as dry as a block of wood. It was raining pretty heavily and I couldnt exceed 80kmph.

We regrouped at Mudumalai, just after the Karnataka border where the others had stopped for coffee. All of us (except Rahul of course) were soaking wet.

Finally we reached ooty at 7pm. It was raining all the way and the ride up the ghats was awesome. Rain, thick fog and slick roads limited our speeds significantly. We regrouped at Barista and after some hot chocolate and sandwiches we decided to split into 2 groups for some shopping. Not for chocolates but for dry clothes. While one group went shopping for the said necessities, a couple of us went to find a hotel.

We found one near Dasprakash hotel but they had only 2 rooms which could accommodate 4 people. But we were 7 riders in all. The guys at the lobby were nice enough to check some other hotels in the vicinity and we finally found a family room with 10 beds and 4 bathrooms and a private parking area for our bike. Safe parking for our bikes was the main requirement.

We relayed the hotel booking to the others and while they were on the way to the hotel, I ordered dinner for everyone.

A few mins later the rest of the riders joined us. All of us were tired and wet so after a shower we ate our dinners and hit the sack.

We planned to leave the next morning at 6am.

But that was not going to happen.

The next morning we woke up at 6 but coffee was ready only at 7.30am. After a cup of coffee we cleaned the mud and muck off the radiator of our bikes and posed for a few pics. All of us were wearing the same kind of sweatshirts and shorts and it looked like we were extra's from some rap music video. Rahul is the guy in the yellow BMW rain gear.

We finally headed to the city bought some chocolates (which was definitely not done going back without these chocolates), refueled and headed towards bangalore. Luckily the roads were not as slick as the evening before. They were wet yes but better than the previous evening. The weather was sunny and nice and our wet clothes which we slipped over our sweatshirts and shorts started to dry.

We stopped at the Pug marks hotel for lunch. After an hour we proceeded to Blore. Just as we were thanking our stars for the sun which dried our clothes it started to rain like there was no tomorrow. Didnt stop this time as it was past afternoon and we had to reach blore asap. Traffic on mysore road was tremendous and inspite of constantly averaging 80-100kmph on the highway it took me a good 3 hours to reach home.

Here are the pics. Hope you like them. We enjoyed every bit of the ride, all the more as it was unplanned.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-mysore-road.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-vasudev-adigas-parking-lot.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-chamundi-hills1.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-chamundi-hills-2.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-chamundi-hills-3.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-chamundi-hills-4.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-entering-mudumalai.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-mudumalai.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3103.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-foothills-ooty.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-footills-ooty.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-gopr0270.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-gopr0272.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-gopr0278.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-gopr0281.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-gopr0324.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3116.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-way-ooty-foothills.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-way-top.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-view-hotel-terrace.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040476.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040473.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040454.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040450.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040447.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040445.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040385.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040387.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-p1040420.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th October 2010 at 14:36.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:09   #222
BHPian

LOL, Kanva dam to Ooty. These impromptu trips are great fun
Old 11th October 2010, 15:19   #223
Team-BHP Support

The 6th pic (from the botttom, the railing one) reminds me of sightings in Europe.

Enjoyed the log and photos, got any more photos to share?
Old 11th October 2010, 15:35   #224
Senior - BHPian

got plenty more pics but the best ones are posted here. Glad you liked them.

It sure was awesome fun since it was totally unplanned. Moreover this was the first time for me out of bangalore so far out on a bike.

One way distance is around 330kms which we usually cover on our weekend rides but riding out in a group, staying out with friends and doing something like this at the spur of the moment is truly memorable for me.

edit - here is one more.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-bikes-warming-up-each-other-hotel-parking.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th October 2010 at 15:41.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:46   #225
Team-BHP Support

Could relate to others from the other forum after a view there.

Rahul, got a fever despite being bone dry, was he sweating too much in his BMW suit?

Glad to know about others.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks