Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 16:01   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Rahul, got a fever despite being bone dry, was he sweating too much in his BMW suit?
I guess he was already a bit feverish when we started the trip but he brushed it off as fatigue.

Overall it was a fun trip and i'm eager to do another one. We might be heading to Coorg at the end of the month for an overnight stay.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:39   #227
BHPian

Aditya, looks like you guys had lots of fun! Am feeling a little jealous now ;-) My ninja has not gone beyond Mysore.

Keep us posted in advance if you plan for any long rides in future. Will be glad to join you guys.

Last edited by Maibaa : 11th October 2010 at 16:43.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:51   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
.....i saw a green ninja with 1800 kms on the odo. Badly crashed, front totally smashed, fork bent, handle bent, end can slightly crushed. Rider was a student who crashed near hebbal, cracked his lid, broke his leg and fractured his skull and was critically injured for over a month. Heard that he had passed out and an autowallah admitted him to the hospital. It'll take him 6 months to walk again and longer to ride...
I was puttering along between bangy and hosur sunday morning in my nano @ 80ish and i see a headlight in my ORVM coming VERY fast towards me... even before I could blink it went past me... whooosh. Silent, but very fast. 1 sec later I realized it was a green goblin, I have never seen a bike move so fast on Indian roads. Must be easlily doing 120-130...

A few kms ahead the bike must have taken a u-turn and was going back to bangy, I saw a yipee dude with all shirt buttons open and sporting a colored banian with some aviator glasses and a similar specd pillion dude ducking his head behind the shirtless dude...

Sigh...!!
---------Edit------
The silent was meant to highlight the end can. Probably the stock one is silent. BUT - this bike had the skoda-pom-pom's, probably 2 of them, and these guys were blasting away every guy off the road..!!
--------

But, Aditya, looks like I have eyes set on the next big boyz toy . With all the right gear of course...

Last edited by svsantosh : 11th October 2010 at 16:54.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:52   #229
Senior - BHPian

My my!! What a blast of a ride you should have had!! Great pics and amazed to know that the BMW Motard rain gear held up in pouring rains.

Sitting in the office on a cold and cloudy day in Manchester, it was a very nice read and got me pumped up and waiting for my return back to India
Old 11th October 2010, 17:28   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Keep us posted in advance if you plan for any long rides in future. Will be glad to join you guys.
Have pm'd my number to you. Send me yours so we can sync up. I'll keep you posted on our ride plans. Will be glad if you can join us.

I now have no interest in weekend rides within Bangalore and its vicinity. I'd rather conserve the fuel and cash and ride out farther which is much more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
My my!! What a blast of a ride you should have had!! Great pics and amazed to know that the BMW Motard rain gear held up in pouring rains.

Sitting in the office on a cold and cloudy day in Manchester, it was a very nice read and got me pumped up and waiting for my return back to India
Planning on ordering one myself. Got too much on my wishlist already. Tempted to ask if you can bring some stuff down for me but i'll stay put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I was puttering along between bangy and hosur sunday morning in my nano @ 80ish and i see a headlight in my ORVM coming VERY fast towards me... even before I could blink it went past me... whooosh. Silent, but very fast. 1 sec later I realized it was a green goblin, I have never seen a bike move so fast on Indian roads. Must be easlily doing 120-130...

A few kms ahead the bike must have taken a u-turn and was going back to bangy, I saw a yipee dude with all shirt buttons open and sporting a colored banian with some aviator glasses and a similar specd pillion dude ducking his head behind the shirtless dude...
Alok, one of my friends with the green ninja and I rode to Krishnagiri dam yesterday. Although I have ridden to this place plenty of times earlier, it was the first time for Alok. So we rode together but this was post noon. I did see a new gen Reva and both the reva driver and me were curiously looking at each others vehicles. LOL. The reva was running on temp plates, was in black and red color combo and i guess it was out for some reliability test or so.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th October 2010 at 17:30.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:47   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tempted to ask if you can bring some stuff down for me but i'll stay put.
Sure can... Just PM me what you need.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:28   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alok, one of my friends with the green ninja and I rode to Krishnagiri dam yesterday. Although I have ridden to this place plenty of times earlier, it was the first time for Alok. So we rode together but this was post noon...
My bad, not sunday, but saturday around 5 in the evening... surely not you. (forgot the time becase i did bangy-hosur 3 times this weekend) But anyways, trying to highlight the case of cart before horse. India needs more lessons on road safety before making fast machines available to the ignorant.

Last edited by svsantosh : 11th October 2010 at 19:29.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few more pics which i just got from the other riders...
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-1.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-2.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-3.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-4.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-5.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-6.jpg  

Old 12th October 2010, 23:41   #234
Team-BHP Support

The photos are top class

Rahul's bike appears most done up and looks fab, the ride sure would have been an enjoyable one since most guys were pretty mature and not the boyracer types.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:36   #235
Senior - BHPian

Pics from today's ride to Nandi hills... a very short ride where we saw a Lamborghini Gallardo on the way. Sounded very nice and was doing a little over 130k's i guess.

We reached Nandi and a while later we were joined by 3 other SBK's.... 2 Gixxer 1000's and a CBR 600. The CBR had a Micron exhaust and sounded insane while the white GSX-R had the Hot Bodies GP exhaust. Was pretty loud at idle and low revv's. The other GSX-R too sounded nice even with stock pipes.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3293.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3297.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3299.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3300.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3301.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3302.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3303.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3304.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3313.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3316.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3317.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3319.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3320.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3333.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3334.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3335.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3336.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-img_3315.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th October 2010 at 16:15. Reason: post edited to mask no. plate
Old 18th October 2010, 10:56   #236
BHPian

Hey Aditya, sad you didnt invite me for this ride! :(
Old 18th October 2010, 11:11   #237
Senior - BHPian

@Adi - I've one question for you; I hope you didn't opt for any special or specific number of your choice when you'd taken your Ninja. But, do you know any specific incidents if the PBK guys make any fuss when you opt to choose a number of your choice?

In Chennai, they are ready to give the invoice copy once you pay the full amount & they don't have pleasing eyes when you ask them to do such work with RTO & hence the question.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:11   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Hey Aditya, sad you didnt invite me for this ride! :(
Sorry bro. I've been sick through whole of last week and still recovering. Didnt want to ride yesterday but thought a little fresh air might do me good. We decided on this very late.

Next weekend i'll call you for sure. And coffee and pastry is on me to make up for yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Adi - I've one question for you; I hope you didn't opt for any special or specific number of your choice when you'd taken your Ninja. But, do you know any specific incidents if the PBK guys make any fuss when you opt to choose a number of your choice?

In Chennai, they are ready to give the invoice copy once you pay the full amount & they don't have pleasing eyes when you ask them to do such work with RTO & hence the question.
I asked for the special number and actually wanted the numbers to total to 9 with one digit as 9 in the regn. PBK asked me to approach the RTO directly for this.

Since it was expensive i didnt opt for a special number. It costs 6k for a special number in the running series and 25k for one in the new series. Passed it off for goodies for the bike.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:27   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked for the special number and actually wanted the numbers to total to 9 with one digit as 9 in the regn. PBK asked me to approach the RTO directly for this.

Since it was expensive i didnt opt for a special number. It costs 6k for a special number in the running series and 25k for one in the new series. Passed it off for goodies for the bike.
Whooaa!!! Sorry to get a little OT here as I would like to get some depth of info.

The RTO in Chennai provides a legal channel to obtain a specific number for Rs 2K with RTO bill (not the Govt ones for 25K). The guys in PBK were willing to help for 3K (1K a rip off), otherwise, they were stating that they would give an invoice copy after realizing the money & one needs to approach RTO with the copy for obtaining the number.

This is way too hassle because even for a simple vehicle such as TVS 50, people are able to get this done at no extra cost (may be Rs 500 more) other than RTO fee. But these guys in PBK are like day robbery; c'mon, when someone buys a Splendor he get the privilege that the PBK guys don't provide for a premium motorcycle; how can they expect someone not to be supersticious when they buy a premium motorcycle? Just wanted to check if this is the same case in BLR & other cities or this is a rip off only in Chennai.

Pls feel free to remove, if irrelevant. Tks.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:36   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry bro. I've been sick through whole of last week and still recovering. Didnt want to ride yesterday but thought a little fresh air might do me good. We decided on this very late.

Next weekend i'll call you for sure. And coffee and pastry is on me to make up for yesterday.
Sorry to hear that you were unwell. Hope you have recovered by now.

Thanks for the treat offer. Looking forward to the ride more than the coffee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks