Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 16:25   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Last week i put up the 250 for sale. The thought of her going away brought back so many nice memories - the countless trips, the innumerable friends i have made, the vast learnings and un-learnings from riding this beautiful machine.
Damn, i knew this would happen sooner or later but didnt realize you have already put the 250R for sale :(

I can imagine how tough the decision would have been, considering the fact that you NEVER let it out of sight even for a few minutes on any ride.

Need to have one last ride with you before you part ways with the 250R man, i know its me who has been absconding for months now but nevertheless.

When is the 650 coming ?
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 16:44   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Damn, i knew this would happen sooner or later but didnt realize you have already put the 250R for sale :(

I can imagine how tough the decision would have been, considering the fact that you NEVER let it out of sight even for a few minutes on any ride.

When is the 650 coming ?
I've still not digested the fact that she's on sale. To be honest, in two minds right now and even thinking of pulling the ad down. Too painful to let her go. I went through all the pics that were shot in the last 3 yrs with the bike and it is so nostalgic.

I got a couple of inquiries but mostly people shopping for rates and comparing it to the 390 When will people realize it's a totally different class of machine?

Anyway, she has to get a new home before the bigger sibling can be adopted.

Do check the quick meets at blore thread. We might be riding next weekend.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 16:49   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've still not digested the fact that she's on sale.
Adi,
Honestly even am still surprised that you have put up the bike for sale. Think apart from your getting saturated with the top speed am pretty sure there is nothing you want to ruse against it.

Good Luck with the sale my friend.

Let us do a ride once you have fixed up the deal, probably some nice thatte idly ride
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 18:33   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Think apart from your getting saturated with the top speed am pretty sure there is nothing you want to ruse against it.
Yes, Mahesh. The bike has been a gem so far. 100% reliable and never had to think twice before taking it out on a trip. I've had no worries about get it checked before the ride types.

I need something quicker and something more comfortable. I understand that the 650 is not as sharp in handling and braking as the 250R goes, but in the interest of comfort touring and pillion friendly seat, I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

Still, she is quite a looker and the 650 is no match to the outright sports-bike looks and brilliant all round performance.
Old 31st July 2013, 21:44   #500
BHPian

@Aditya,

Don't sweat too much on letting the 250 go. Just the natural progression but, I suggest you seriously look at 750 and above, if possibe. You'll tire of the 650 quite soon. Why not progress to a real Superbike. It's time, I think. You've had enough seat time for that. Good hunting.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 22:31   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Don't sweat too much on letting the 250 go. Just the natural progression but, I suggest you seriously look at 750 and above, if possibe. You'll tire of the 650 quite soon. Why not progress to a real Superbike. It's time, I think. You've had enough seat time for that. Good hunting.
Thank you for the kind words vloct. Your threads are truly inspiring for me.

However, the only jump i can make from the 250R is to a 650 or a full blown liter bike (legally sold in India). But sadly the liter bikes are insanely expensive due to the CBU import, fat taxes and hefty duties. An R1 costs approx. 15 lacs now AFAIK, which is simply unaffordable for me.
Old 31st July 2013, 22:45   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
I suggest you seriously look at 750 and above, if possibe. You'll tire of the 650 quite soon. Why not progress to a real Superbike. It's time, I think. You've had enough seat time for that. Good hunting.
I concur.

In my view, a bike must be docile for an every day bike.

For a weekend bike though, it must be scary.PERIOD

scary so that you will be afraid for a long time to even open the taps

scary so that you will have to put in proper dedication.

scary so that you wont get bored easy.

scary so that it will force you to respect it and not do silly things with it.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 01:31   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
from the 250R is to a 650 or a full blown liter bike (legally sold in India)
Or you better wait for the "VARUM...AANA VARAADHU" Triumph; proper sports (or super sports what they call) or the roadster that has a good 100 horses to ride upon
Old 1st August 2013, 11:54   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Or you better wait for the "VARUM...AANA VARAADHU" Triumph; proper sports (or super sports what they call) or the roadster that has a good 100 horses to ride upon
+100 to that Adi, Suggest you to wait for Triumph and pick up there Street Triple. That is one helluva machine and any given day the tri cylinder set up will be better than twin cylinder. You have already experienced a twin why another twin?

Get the Tricylindered Street Triple and you will be at a new ball game all together. Else wait for Triumph to launch and you might get good pre-worshipped bikes at decent prices.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 12:58   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
scary so that you will have to put in proper dedication. scary so that it will force you to respect it and not do silly things with it.
Well put, Sanjay. Liter bikes demand respect and are not forgiving like the smaller ones. One wrong move and the rider is history. Immense self control is what one will have to practice consciously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Or you better wait for the Triumph; proper sports (or super sports what they call) or the roadster that has a good 100 horses to ride upon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
+100 to that Adi, Suggest you to wait for Triumph and pick up there Street Triple.
That's a good option but it might take a good 2-3 years for a decent pre-owned triumph to appear on the used bike market. I however doubt that a triumph would be available in the 4-5L bracket used or new. Lets see how it goes

Also it all depends on Triumph's plans on their entry in India. Everything is do dicey now and the extra cautious approach they are taking is frustrating. There is a market and a niche one too but i wonder why such a risk averse and over cautious approach. The demand exists but companies like Yamaha who have brilliant bikes in their product line are just sitting on the fence and watching.
Old 1st August 2013, 13:24   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The demand exists but companies like Yamaha who have brilliant bikes in their product line are just sitting on the fence and watching.

Well Said Adi, Yamaha indeed have some wonderful products like the FZ-6, FZ-8, Super Tenere & much more. India sees them having their own factory set up, now would it be too expensive for them to setup lines to assemble their CKD bikes? With their dealer network am sure Yamaha/Honda can do some wonders and promote their motorcycles of renown.

One of the main reasons why I have immense respect for makers like HD, Triumph who have been brave enough to test the waters. Market has been quite receptive to HD even though many of their bikes are not practical in Indian Scenario/Conditions, but they still sell well.

Come On Yamaha & Honda you guys can fare even better.
Old 21st August 2013, 10:24   #507
Senior - BHPian

Got a few calls and inquiries for my bike over the last few weeks and one really good offer during the extended weekend last week.

The said gentleman was supposed to come over on Sunday and pay in full and collect the bike.

Took a short ride to Kolar and back and had a sea of emotions flood my senses.

This bike has been the best i have ever had. Completely hassle free, truly a gem and enjoyed riding it to the hilt.

I was confused if i was doing the right thing by selling this off and getting a sports tourer. I would miss the sharp handling and super sharp brakes and the 650 would not be as enticing and "rider oriented" as the smaller sibling.

When I returned home my mind was clear and so were the thoughts.

Called the gent and told him I'm retaining the bike and passed on a friend's number who was also selling his 250.

The love story continues....!
n_aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 11:29   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The love story continues....!
Always glad to hear someone resisting the urge to see a loved machine.

Does it (the love story) continue solo, or will there still be someone new to share your affections?
Old 21st August 2013, 11:41   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Called the gent and told him I'm retaining the bike and passed on a friend's number who was also selling his 250.
Was about to post advising against being sentimental and selling off the bike while you're getting a good price, when I remembered the '94 Shogun that's never used and under bedsheets at my place. Not to mention the Thunderbird that's used maybe 4 times a year, only on long rides. That too at a time when 2-strokes and Bullets are going for ridiculous rates in Bangalore!

Still, can not think of ever selling them. Good going man!
Old 21st August 2013, 12:05   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was confused if i was doing the right thing by selling this off and getting a sports tourer.
Congratulations Adi, good decision to retain the Ninja in your stable. Would rather suggest to buy another if you can afford it (time & space).

You gave me the haath and took off alone to Kolar eh!!! Too bad

PS: When are you getting the M4 Exhaust for the lil Ninja, she deserves something now

Last edited by ku69rd : 21st August 2013 at 12:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks