Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 09:39   #31
BHPian

Woah man! That was a wonderful write-up, straight from the bikers heart
Ninja looks awesome already and adding Rudra's magic to it, just made it even better.

Congratulations Aditya. We gotta meet up sometime (nope, I dont want a ride in Your daily ride)

You are riding it like a proper SBK with all those kit, arent You. Eager to see knee down pics.

Edit: Hold on until I ride pillion, to take it past 13K.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 11th May 2010 at 09:40.
Old 11th May 2010, 09:55   #32
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Great write-up and a lovely pic to start off with.
Many Congratulations for the Ninja !!
This is really prompting me to upgrade from my Pulsar and get a Ninja soon after college
Old 11th May 2010, 10:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Also just want to ask, is it safe to revv over the limit specified for the break in once in a while? Like once every 200 kms or so?
The Bullet: Mystries & Myths - Running-in a new Bullet

I think this information applies to any bike.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

BTW, I missed the most important question of all - Mileage kya hai ?
Old 11th May 2010, 12:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
BTW, I missed the most important question of all - Mileage kya hai ?
Havent checked Biju. The reserve capacity is 4 liters... thats when the low fuel warning light comes ON.

When I took delivery the dealer mentioned that there was more than 4 liters in the tank and the light wasnt ON.

Filled in premium fuel (Speed) for 500 bucks at the nearest bunk (approx. 9ltrs @ Rs. 56.80 per liter) and rode for over 300 kms before the light came ON. So i am guessing it is delivering a lil more than 30kmpl right now.

I am told that the worst FE is around 23-25kmpl when the bike is ridden hard... like in the range of 140kmph.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Havent checked Biju. The reserve capacity is 4 liters... thats when the low fuel warning light comes ON.

When I took delivery the dealer mentioned that there was more than 4 liters in the tank and the light wasnt ON.

Filled in premium fuel (Speed) for 500 bucks at the nearest bunk (approx. 9ltrs @ Rs. 56.80 per liter) and rode for over 300 kms before the light came ON. So i am guessing it is delivering a lil more than 30kmpl right now.

I am told that the worst FE is around 23-25kmpl when the bike is ridden hard... like in the range of 140kmph.
Hey Aditya,

Congrats bro, welcome to the club, the baby sure is extremely fast and how. I have done a modest 3k kms on it in about 5 months. The FE is about 23-25 kmpl.

Have fun on the Mean Green monster and ride safe.

The picture by Rudra is fantastic, havent seen a better shot picture of the Ninja ever.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:48   #37
BHPian

Congrats Adi. Good choice of ride and gears.
Old 11th May 2010, 16:06   #38
BHPian

Congrats...that was a great write-up and an even better pic.
Old 11th May 2010, 20:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Getting a pair of riding boots from USA. Not decided which one but on the lookout for a good deal. And on the Sport Riding Techniques, will do so asap.

Thanks again.

P.S. I didnt know that the Americans christened the kwacker with the name "ninja". Thanks for the info.

Also just want to ask, is it safe to revv over the limit specified for the break in once in a while? Like once every 200 kms or so?
You are more than welcome on any info I can provide. An occasional trip above the recommended rpm will do no harm. More important is to make sure that during the break-in period that you DO NOT ride at a constant rpm. Vary the rpm as often as possible. Also, minimize engine braking during this period as far as possible, that is shifting down while decelerating. Use your brakes more.

Please practice your braking techniques as much as possible and that includes emergency braking. The shortest braking distance is only possible when approximately 75% of FRONT brake and 25% of the REAR brakes. I've a lot of colleagues who never even bother to touch the rear brakes although, I do not advice it. You'll get all this info from the book I recommended anyway.

Please remember, you own a vehicle that is faster than most four wheelers on the planet. If you can let go of your excitement to display your skill on a public road and just concentrate on improving your skill, you'll be amazed how fast your riding skills will improve and how much more you'll enjoy riding that bike. You should never ride at more than 80% of your skill 'cause you'll need that 20% in an emergency. It's very easy to tell if you're riding over your head. If you're constantly braking in panic or making speed adjustment to escape from situations, you're riding above your skill level. If you follow these advices, trust me when I tell you, you'll be outgrow that 250cc and will be looking for a 500 or 750 soon.

Of course nothing improves one skills than a few track days but, I don't know how easy that is there. It can also be pretty expensive.
VLOCT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 12:06   #40
BHPian

Congratulations Aditya. For the lack of test drives, we have to depend on real-life reports by users like you. I am eagerly awaiting your feedback when you start using your new babe to drive through the office-going traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
It's very easy to tell if you're riding over your head. If you're constantly braking in panic or making speed adjustment to escape from situations, you're riding above your skill level.
Thats an awesome piece of information. It is not only applicable to riding motorbikes but also cars. Very useful to keep this in mind when driving down our highways. Thanks!
Old 12th May 2010, 12:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
Congratulations Aditya. For the lack of test drives, we have to depend on real-life reports by users like you. I am eagerly awaiting your feedback when you start using your new babe to drive through the office-going traffic.
Thanks for the wishes.

The primary reason for this thread was to share my experiences with the folks here, those who are keen to know more about the bike and those who want a first hand opinion before they take the plunge. I hope to provide as much info as I can.

So back to your query... The ninja is very easy to ride in traffic. Trust me. I thought navigating a 172kilo bike in traffic would be a daunting task but its peanuts. The bike is very well balanced and is a breeze to ride in the city. Just need to exercise come caution while negotiating a U-turn as the turning radius is not as small as our commuter bikes and also the weight of the bike comes into play here.

The bike heats up in stop and go traffic but its not an issue. The needle goes up to 75% of the mark (on a hot day) and in the evenings it stays at around 50%. I was advised by the dealer to pull over and kill the engine if the needle ever got to the red or the H zone.

The bike has amazing handling and torque. Slow down to almost a standstill and if the bike is crawling slightly, i dont have to rest my feet down. Also if you slow the bike to around 25kmph it can still pull in 3rd gear without any knocking.

One has to only get adjusted to the riding posture. It is important to slightly bend the elbows so that the body weight does not fall completely on the wrists. Long rides are slightly uncomfortable but a quick stop is all it takes to ease the blood flow into those constricted ankles and elbows and also allows the bike to cool down a bit.

The brakes are excellent. The rear especially is just too powerful and only slight pressure is required... anything more and you risk locking the rear wheel.

The headlight is much better than anything I have ever experienced. I have 130/100W in my esteem and the ninja has 60/55W. The ninja's reflectors and light throw is miles ahead. In fact I have never had to use the high beam even when I was riding on the highway. One incident involved a joker in an innova driving on the wrong side with blinding beams. Toggled my highbeam and the guy just switched to low beam frantically and pulled over. Was shocked to see it was only a bike.

Hope this helps and its a pleasure to answer queries on the ninja.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th May 2010 at 12:49.
Old 12th May 2010, 16:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Congrats. The bike looks super.

How about a pic of your full riding gear as well.
+1 .

Congratulations and hope you do some really good rides on this one and not just your daily commutes :-)
Old 12th May 2010, 16:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

adi I know am late here, never the less congratulations on the new bike. Rudra beat me to taking pics of the bike, apparently wasn't in town. Lets meet up this weekend and work out something.

BTW how does the transition feel, from a CD-100 to a Fiero and now a Ninja ?

abhay he has already posted pics of his riding gear here on page 2 .
Old 12th May 2010, 17:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

What kind of petrol is recommended by the Maufacturer ? Normal or SPeed ?
Old 12th May 2010, 17:39   #45
BHPian

Hi Aditya, Congratulations on the super bike. I'm sure you will be enjoying the beauty. Can you throw some light on the acceleration of the bike ? Hope to meet you sometime soon.

Cheers !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks