Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 17:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Congratulations and hope you do some really good rides on this one and not just your daily commutes :-)
Thanks Abhay. I don't use the ninja for daily rides to work and back. I use my Fiero for that. I am so much in love with the dynamics and feel of the bike that I ride for at least an hour everyday after I get back from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Lets meet up this weekend and work out something. BTW how does the transition feel, from a CD-100 to a Fiero and now a Ninja ?
Thanks Riju. Got some errands on Saturday but, as we spoke, I am definitely game for a photoshoot sometime early sat morning.

No plans on Sunday other than clocking more miles on the baby. Just lemme know the time and place.

Well the transition from a Fiero to a Ninja was full of uncertainty.

This is my first sportsbike and I was like "Hope it doesnt pull a wheelie, hope i dont stall, hope this and hope that".... but it is actually very very confidence inspiring.

Man, I dont feel like riding the fiero anymore. It feels like a moped. LOL.

The Ninja although heavy feels so much in control, stable and precise. No drama. It will do what you want it to do. Be easy and it doesn't scare you. But i did open the throttle in first on dry concrete and the rear wheel spun for a second or so. I was thinking... Its a 250, not a liter class and wont throw any surprises. But that was one and i was smiling. LOL. Doesnt happen with my Fiero unless i try very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
What kind of petrol is recommended by the Maufacturer ? Normal or SPeed ?
91 Octane minimum. But I fill her up with premium fuel just to be safe.

@Spinwizard - Acceleration is linear and very smooth. But cant really say cos I am still in the process of breaking-in the engine. I did revv to 6k RPM a couple of times and it sounds great and the acceleration is smooth and powerful. However the devil takes over post 8k all the way till 13k RPM. I've managed to sit pillion on another Ninja and the acceleration is mindblowing. Its like there is no end to it. You've got to experience that. Unbelievable that a 250cc can gather speeds so fast.

In fact, on some of the forums of the Ninja 250R, few of the owners have claimed that it hits 100k's from standstill in 7 seconds flat. This is of course measured with a GPS device.

Let me also tell you this... On slick / smooth roads, accelerating sharply from standstill causes the wheel to spin. I have experienced this even when the needle is just around the 3k RPM mark. Insane huh?

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th May 2010 at 17:57. Reason: reply to spinwizard included.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:58   #47
BHPian

Congrats Aditya. Lovely picture there. Hope you have many happy miles with the Ninja. Would love to see more pictures.
Old 12th May 2010, 19:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
@Spinwizard - Acceleration is linear and very smooth. But cant really say cos I am still in the process of breaking-in the engine. I did revv to 6k RPM a couple of times and it sounds great and the acceleration is smooth and powerful. However the devil takes over post 8k all the way till 13k RPM. I've managed to sit pillion on another Ninja and the acceleration is mindblowing. Its like there is no end to it. You've got to experience that. Unbelievable that a 250cc can gather speeds so fast.

In fact, on some of the forums of the Ninja 250R, few of the owners have claimed that it hits 100k's from standstill in 7 seconds flat. This is of course measured with a GPS device.

Let me also tell you this... On slick / smooth roads, accelerating sharply from standstill causes the wheel to spin. I have experienced this even when the needle is just around the 3k RPM mark. Insane huh?
I can completely understand how desparately your waiting for the running in to get over . Thanks for the info, it really looks like this baby is much faster than its specs actually state. Wheel-spin at 3K !! I'm loving it !!
Old 13th May 2010, 14:24   #49
BHPian

AAh finally she arrives, gives u sleepless night before she comes in your life and after doesent she? Congratulations buddy, she looks fab.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:46   #50
BANNED

I have waited for this kind of bike for so long but alas the price killed my quest. Now my only hope is for some sale to come up in a year or two.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:12   #51
BHPian

Congrats Adithya, so when do we get to unleash the power of ninja?
Old 13th May 2010, 15:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Aditya...!!! Seems to be raining Ninjas in TBHP...! Just goes on to prove that there's a pretty big market out here for proper bikes below 5 lacs...! Hopefully, the market will mature sooner rather than later...
Old 13th May 2010, 17:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
AAh finally she arrives, gives u sleepless night before she comes in your life and after doesent she? Congratulations buddy, she looks fab.
Thanks dude. I itch for a ride every evening when I return from work. Only issue is planning a ride where the traffic is not heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I have waited for this kind of bike for so long but alas the price killed my quest. Now my only hope is for some sale to come up in a year or two.
There are a couple of ninja's on sale on xbhp. One is with aftermarket add-on's and the other has around 500kms on the odo. Check 'em out. Maybe something in store for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Congrats, Aditya...!!!
Thanks for the wishes bro.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hey Aditya,

How is it going with the Ninja? Been on any long rides yet?
Old 15th May 2010, 08:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Aditya,

How is it going with the Ninja? Been on any long rides yet?
Couldn't ride for the last 2-3 days as I was really busy and the weather was playing spoilsport. No heavy rain but light drizzle with lots of visual effects (only lightning, nothin else). Didnt wanna take the bike out on a wet road as I am yet to buy a can of chain lube which I will today.

All i could do was wash and wax her. Yesterday however was a lucky day. It had already rained and the roads were almost bone dry when i got home. Took her out for a spin and clocked 100kms. The odo stands at 509 kms now. Wanted to go for a ride again now but got plenty of other work so will be heading out somewhere in the evening.

Hope to finish the 800 kms initial run-in by tomorrow, then it gets better as I can go upto 6k RPM. Its really painful and harrowing to restrict those revv's but it gives me time to learn the dynamics of the bike.
Old 15th May 2010, 14:28   #56
BHPian

The odo stands at 509kms, with only weekend riding!! No wonder, You are crazy Aditya.

How does the Ninja feel now? Bats still flying or just Hearts
Old 16th May 2010, 15:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
The odo stands at 509kms, with only weekend riding!! No wonder, You are crazy Aditya. How does the Ninja feel now? Bats still flying or just Hearts
Went for a not so long ride to Chickballapur yesterday evening. Took a couple of hours to complete 100 odd kms.

Rode to Mandya (near Mysore) today and completed the first phase of the run-in. The ride was painful and i could only hover between 40 and 60kmph. Now i can go upto 6k RPM (approx 100kmph) and it feels insane. Superb acceleration !!!. But the peak power is at 8k RPM. Cannot imagine what its gonna be like shifting at 13000 rpm. Will go for a ride again in some time. Cant wait to revv the baby.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:25   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Rode to Mandya (near Mysore) today and completed the first phase of the run-in.
I spotted one green Ninja somewhere near Maddur at around 10AM yesterday. Since you are the only one Ninja rider I know, I am just guessing it was you.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Went for the best ride ever on the Ninja.

Came home from work and quickly stripped away my formal office attire, changed into jeans and a tee, suited up and went for a ride in the city.

yesterday i only managed to touch the 6k RPM limit a couple of times... that too only in one gear.

Today i actually could taste the raw power of the ninja. 6k shifts in each gear literally thrusted the bike forward and the acceleration is quick, very smooth and linear. 13k shifts are gonna be insane.

I cannot believe a 250cc ; 33bhp motor can accelerate this fast and so smoothly. Man i am lovin this bike more with each passing day.

I still say this and more strongly... If you are thinking of a ninja and calculating other spends, plan it well and just pick this bike up. Its worth every damn penny and will take a long time for you to get bored with it. This is by far the best i have ever ridden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
I spotted one green Ninja somewhere near Maddur at around 10AM yesterday. Since you are the only one Ninja rider I know, I am just guessing it was you.
Well our group had 2 ninja's. If the rider was wearing some gear it would be me. The other guy had only a lid for protection, no jacket or gloves etc.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Well our group had 2 ninja's. If the rider was wearing some gear it would be me. The other guy had only a lid for protection, no jacket or gloves etc.
Then it must be you. The guy was fully geared up.

Anyways, I liked the road presence of the Green ninja, any-day better than black, IMHO. Enjoy the ride dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks